Bigpulls' Meet Results

That’s a great pull, how long have you been chasing 600?

Questions:

How heavy do you go on the heavy jump shrugs?

By changing your squat routine I take it you set a deadlift goal, did you make any other program changes (ie. reduce bench work, GPP, etc…).

What’s next? Focusing on 650?

Again, great work.

I have missed 600 in 3 previous meets. I havent competed in 2 years. i took a little break and figured out what training wasnt working and this try seemed to work well. Previously I hit good mornings heavy, rack pulls heavy and squats heavy, respectively. My dead was the same with all of them.

On the heavy jumps shrugs I start at 245 then work up to the working set. the heaviest I went was 405. I usually do 6’s and only about 4 sets then a burnout set.

As far as GPP goes, I actually gave my low back more rest on non deadlift saturdays.Did reverse hypers but didnt push it, that was the extent of my GPP. We bench heavy on thurs and pull on saturday. I think 2 times I backed off my bench on weeks I pulled.I was pushing my bench too and the arching sometimes takes a little bit out of you.I just went on feel.

Im not sure what my next goal is.Of course I feel that I will always have to pull atleast 600 at every meet from now on. 650 would be nice but prolly closer to a 625 first.