Bigorexia

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
superscience wrote:

How can someone that stupid get in that shape?

Because it requires dedication and consistency, not brains. Do you assume everyone in better shape that you is smarter than you, and everyone in worse shape is dumber? Neither of those statements will be true 100% of the time.

[/quote]

What i meant was, because he is soo stupid (well appears to be) how did he work out that you need good consistant training and proper diet to get in that shape, plus hes probably got his drugs sorted out in proper cycles to.

Most stupid people like that will overtrain, not rest properly and have no clue on how to eat or take drugs.

[quote]Mike Sullivan wrote:
I think TC has stated that there is something a little bit “off” about everyone who lifts weights.[/quote]

The majority of people who call themselves “lifting weights” lately are just taking up space. Because of that, I would say that statement is wrong unless it means strictly “serious trainers who actually look like bodybuilders”. Yes, there probably is some obsessive compulsiveness involved in getting arms over 19"-20" and quads bigger than some people’s waists. That doesn’t mean they need to change, however, and that seems to be the angle these psychologists are pushing.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Here’s a serious post from me (for once). Imagine a sprinter, who has a 13s 100m time. This sprinter wants to compete at the international level and he knows he can’t do it by running the 100m in 13s. So he’ll train hard in order to run faster and bring his time down closer to 10s. Would a phsychologist say this athlete suffers from speedarexia?

So how is that different from the bodybuilder that also wants to compete at the international level and knows that he cannot do it weighing 160lbs? He will work hard at gaining muscle until he’s at 200 ripped lbs, and maybe then he’ll be competitive.

I think phsycologists today suffer from diagnostiphilia.[/quote]

I’d say the difference lies in the perception of the person. If a person has considerable muscle mass, realizes this and wants to make further progress, there definitely is noting wrong. If he doesn’t have a realistic perception of the fact that he is already comparatively “big”, I guess it becomes a problem. That being said, I believe the opposite is often the case here lately, i.e. skinny guys who pretend to be “swole”.

By these definitions all men who have ever prioritized something to be great at it are suffering from mental health problems. The pro sports player… looney, the scientist crazy, the polititian… waste of time, the doctor… what a moron.

Don’t all of these people know that they can spend their time much better making documentarys degrading these people who actually still have goals and dreams so that they can make the lazy and disenchanted feel better about themselves?

[quote]Phatshady912 wrote:
By these definitions all men who have ever prioritized something to be great at it are suffering from mental health problems. The pro sports player… looney, the scientist crazy, the polititian… waste of time, the doctor… what a moron.

Don’t all of these people know that they can spend their time much better making documentarys degrading these people who actually still have goals and dreams so that they can make the lazy and disenchanted feel better about themselves?[/quote]

Eg-fuggin-axactly!

I love the quote “Obsessive is the word lazy people use to describe the dedicated.” Atleast that’s how I remember the quote.

I think that quote pretty much sums up America as a whole. I love how it’s completely acceptible to have a mountain dew and a donut for breakfast. But, you are crazy if you get up 2 hours before work, exercise, stretch and eat a good breakfast. People freakin’ piss me off.

[quote]dre wrote:
I love the quote “Obsessive is the word lazy people use to describe the dedicated.” Atleast that’s how I remember the quote.[/quote]

Funny, I had a T-shirt made that says on the back:

[center]OBSSESSED…
…what the lazy call the dedicated.[/center]

Yeah, you’re completely right about the breakfast thing. Somebody once told me that it wasn’t normal to have oats with milk and protein powder for breakfast. Well, I don’t want to look normal, so I must be doing the right thing, right? :slight_smile: