Biggjames Training Log

WOW…nice.

Thank You.

BiggJames,
That is an awesome setup…damn near perfect. It’s not perfect because it’s not mine :wink: Better than a commercial gym. Awesome setup…it’s a thing of beauty…I think I’m gonna cry.

Thank you!
Every one is welcome to train in my gym, they just need to be willing to make the trip to Ronan, Montana.

Bigg James

Looks like you could use a little more equipment. Just kidding. Man, what a set-up. No wonder you’re turning out such numbers. Great job. Post those pictures under another heading and you’ll have everyone on this board in tears.

One last question…Where the fuck is Ronan, Montana???

TNT

All I can say is Hardcore man, Hardcore…

Good solid work Bigg, if I might provide my input, I think you have some redundancy here…for example, no need for Zercher’s after all that squatting, etc. Try to think in terms of training economy and I believe you’ll experience even better results.

[quote]biggjames wrote:
Since I will be 35 this summer I thought it would be fun to post my workouts. Feel free to comment, I enjoy everyone’s comments here at T-Nation, good or bad.
Just remember to train hard and heavy.

DAY 1:
Legs:
Squats: 10-8-6-6-6
High Box squats: 5-5 50-100 lbs more than squats
Zercher squats: 8-6-6
leg extensions: 8-8-8
leg curls: 8-8-8
Calf work:

Day 2: OFF

Day 3:
Chest and Bi’s:
Bench press: 10-8-6-6-6
45* Incline press: 8-6-6
30* Incline DB press: 8-8-8
2" Fat bar curls: 8-8-8
Super bar curls: 8-8-8
DB curls: 8-8
Hammer curls: 8-8
Ab work on swiss ball
Cardio: 30-45 minutes

Day 4: Cardio 30-45 minutes

Day 5:
Shoulders & Tri’s:
2" Fat bar push press: 10-8-6-6-6
Rear delts: 8-8-8
Front raise: 8-8-8
Lateral raise: 8-8-8
2" Fat bar close grip BP: 8-6-6
Tricep extensions: 8-8
Tricep pushdowns: 8-8
Ab work on swiss ball
Cardio: 30-45 minutes

Day 6: Cardio 30-45 minutes

Day 7:
Back & Hamstrings:
Deadlifts: 10-8-6-6-6
Rack-pulls w/shrugs using straps:
8-6-6-1-1
The first three sets are a single rack pull then do the shrugs: the last two sets are heavy single rack pulls.
Stiff-legged DL’s: 8-8
Low barbell rows: 8-8-8
Front lat pulldowns: 8-8-8

Take the next two days off and then start this program all over again. This way the neuromuscular system and the central nervous system has time to rest.

This workout is a butt kicker, but I do enjoy it. As I get older, I am finding that recovery and trying to stay injury free, is the key. I am also fortunate to have my own home gym with real equipment. So I do not have some of the distractions that others might have.

Best of luck and enjoy.
Big James
Mission Valley Strength and Fitness[/quote]

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:

One last question…Where the fuck is Ronan, Montana???

TNT[/quote]

LOL. Ronan is a little town in western Montana. If you look at a map, its directly between Missoula and Kalispell.

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Good solid work Bigg, if I might provide my input, I think you have some redundancy here…for example, no need for Zercher’s after all that squatting, etc. Try to think in terms of training economy and I believe you’ll experience even better results.

Thank you for the input, but I usually train this way to have some specialty lifting for doing stones. But when I do train stones or other strongman events I do drop the Zerchers.
It is hard for me, for I started powerlifing in the late 80’s and I still want to train the big 3 (SQ,BP,DL) and yet train for strongman. Sometimes I wonder if I should just train for one or the other, but I love them both.
I must be a freak but I love the feel of the cold hard steel in my hands and the weight on my back.
Thanks to all, for your input and advice, train hard , get big and kick ass!

That set is awesome, thats one of my goals in life to have a set up in my house like you have.

I already have started, though I only have an a set of olympic plates, trap bar, olympic bar, different thickness wrist rollers, dumbbells and chins up bars and dip bars.

Congrats on your 35th birthday and getting married again…hope it works out for you both…

Stay strong.

Thanks all for the great comments. My wife and I are proud to have our gym

If you want to check out my online training log , follow this link. I know it is another forum, I like posting there for they do not allow any flames , all positive.

http://www.brutestrength.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=902

Monday:
Legs:
Squats: 140x10, 250x5, 340x2, 450x2, 520x5 Belt and Wrist Wraps, Ass to Calves.
Deads: 250x5, 450x2, 520x5 Belt and Wrist Wraps
Reverse-Hyper: 125x10, 195x2x10
Leg Ext: Single Leg: 90x3x8
Leg Curl: Both Legs: 90x3x8

Pretty waxed, felt good.

Bigg James

Wednesday:
Chest and Back:
BP: 140x15, 250x5, 340x3, 420x2x5 Wrist Wraps
Incline BP: 250x8, 350x6
Flat DB BP: 80x8, 130x10
Low BB Rows: 1350x8, 225x8, 315x8
Lat Pulls Front: 120x8, 210x8, 280x8
Low Pulley Rows: 280x8, 300x8
Svend Karlson Prayer Press’s: 20x8, 20x10 331 Tempo
Ab Work

Weight was flyng. I hope gains keep comimg back the way they have.
Good Luck with everyone that frequents this site, and stay STRONG!!!

BIGG JAMES

Friday:
Shoulders:
2" bar Push Press: 135x10, 185x6, 225x5, 245x4
Lateral Raise: 25x8, 30x8, 35x8
Rear Delts: 25x8, 30x8
Front Raise: 30x8, 35x8

Very tired tonight, I have eaten like shit the last 2 days. It is amazing what fried burgers and and pizza can do to training.

Bigg James

BiggJames
Those are some awesome workouts man. I am going to try and get into powerlifting myself now that Im out of the military after 14 brutal years. Any tips?
Sweet home gym, whats up with the little dumbells? They must be for the kids right? LOL.

[quote]STR500 wrote:
BiggJames
Those are some awesome workouts man. I am going to try and get into powerlifting myself now that Im out of the military after 14 brutal years. Any tips?
Sweet home gym, whats up with the little dumbells? They must be for the kids right? LOL.[/quote]

Thank you.
I served in the US Navy and I was stationed at little Creek, Virginia. I see from your post that you are in VA. If in the VA Beach area go to Flex Gym and ask for AL. Tell him Bigg James sent ya.

As for the little dumbells those are actually my mothers, she is 67 and works out five days a week. She does strength traing 3 days and then she does spinning two days. I hope when I am her age I can do what she does.
All for now.

BIGG JAMES

The IDAHO WABDL state meet has been changed to the Karl Tyler Montana BP and Dl Championships, to be held Sept 10, 2005 in Missoula, Montana. Any one interested in competeing can contact WABDL thru their website or contact me thru this forum.
Thank You,
BIGG James

Big James-Cool thread brother. I look forward to reading more of what you do/lift etc. I too train at home and I think alot like you. I can’t stand the gear bs in powerlifting-I like strongman for it’s brutal tests-just not to big on endurance events etc-like medleys. Great to read your posts-please keep them up!

HOLY CRAP!!! now that is a home gym, id kill for that set up!!!
hey man when I turned 35 last Sept it took about 4 months and i was greeted to the old man club with a Kidney stone !! lol and HRT therapy lol… wow what a year…
Almost welcome to the club you old fart you :slight_smile:

Ok here is a scary pic of me taken 3 years ago when , I ahem was attempting to diet down… I was weighing a svelty 330 at 5’ 9". It might be inspiration for some and others might run for their lives.

Thank you to all on the positive comments of my training facility.

BIGG JAMES