Biggest Problem In Training

Ok, not counting injuries. I have had acl surgery as well. Back in 94 they had to shave off part of my patella tendon to make a new acl. Still have the screws in my knee. I can’t have an mri done to me or they risk being ripped out.

Not counting terminal illness as well

I would say 3 full-body hard workouts a week should be plenty enough. At least to get you close to goals. Once you have gotten close, it will not be hard at all to make adjustments to your training to get a you even closer. A lot of times goals change once you see the finish line getting close.

T-Nation put a quote up on social media the other day. About training being hard and sucking, then you start to love it over time.

I think punisher has said that he didn’t love training before, but with his injury, I would not be scared to bet, he misses it.

I never thought training as sucking. In fact, I loved it from the beginning. I’m a little bit of a stimulus junky and many years ago I used gym time to sub for stupid stuff I was doing that was ruining my life. I crave going to the gym and wish I had the recovery capacity to go every day.

Granted, there are some parts of training that are just plain work and suck like warming up, mobility, and pre/re-hab. Still really important of course.

I never stopped training. And I still don’t love it, haha. I just can’t reach my goals at the moment due to the injury.

I haven’t followed your injury/recovery status. Did you not have surgery?

I did, yup. Got a hamstring graft.

I was training 2 days later

If you check my log “Rebirth of the Juggernaut” on the training logs forum, it’s documented all of my training since about 2 weeks post op, when I started training the uninjured leg.

I’ve known a few people that have had the surgery in the past 10 years or so. I am amazed at how far they have come. Mine was barbaric.

I’ll check out your log. Respect

Another coach on my daughters team is recovering right now from the same thing. He told me this morning, that he goes back under the knife to remove the “bolts”. Mine are screws…

Are they leaving the screws in your knee, or were/are they removed?

I never had anything removed, so I guess they are leaving them in.

Some of the worst pain in my life from where they drilled. Just couldn’t wrap my brain around pain in my bones.

Dude, rehab on my knee was fucking insane. I had a massive amount of scar tissue that had to be broken up. Then all the fluid would be drained the next day with a syringe that had the needle about the size of, (what seems like) a toothpick and container the size of a banana. You know the knee braces you see lineman wearing in college and nfl? I had one of the first round of those. Former nfl player created those.

If you don’t know if they used screws, you really need to find out. Mine would be ripped out if I have another MRI. They have probably moved on to something different, but I would find out.

I can still feel the screw sometimes.

I played six years after I tore it before having surgery. Would fall down if I cut on it, or jumped off it wrong. I didn’t even know exactly what was wrong until my senior year physical. Would fall down, slowly bend it, go back in. For real!

Thats why i try - its hard - not to chase fatguie. A few, maybe more, coaches on here state how not every workout should leave you smashed but actually the opposite - wanting to do more.

CT just had a blog post that he believes people should only do 4 intense sessions a week max. Not sure if he’s including metabolic type stuff.

Since i’m just getting back into the iron game i’m limiting it to 2 hard and heavy sessions per week.

I’ll cross that bridge when I get there, haha.

Rehab has been pretty easy on my end, minus completely violating protocol constantly.

Good idea. Consistency wins the game. If you can get to just about hitting acute over-training, then a deload week you will be in the mythical hyper-addaptive mode during that time, then ramp back up to just below acute over-training and deload and just be consistent and ride that wave to swollness. At least that is what I am hoping works for me. Wendler’s 531 for hardgainers looks to me like it is based somewhat on the hyper-addaptive wave concept. Or, that is what I see in the program’s design.

Yeah, I see that ignoring dr’s orders. Haha. Would be willing to bet you have been called “hard headed” a time or two.

Nah, I stopped sharing with them, since it wasn’t doing any good, haha.

Right now I think my lack of sleep.
Also, especially in the past, my mental health issues.
Nutrition isn’t a strong point either.

Right now everything is going good though. Need to focus on nutrition more. And it wouldn’t hinder my progress to sleep some more.

My right shoulder.
Post must be at least 20 characters