Biggest Loser Fake

Did anyone watch this fable last night. I know these people are at some hefty weights but if you drop 25-40lbs you will look different. Also this seems like a big drop for one week. Considering that most look like they never touched a weight before would they gain some muscle and slow this giant meltdown on the scale?

First off nobody lost 40 lbs. I think several may have lost 20 maybe 22, and it was in 10 days. While extreme, certainly not unrealistic given their condition and the fact that they trained and ate like never before.

By simply changing your diet from processed simple carbs to protein and complex carbs eaten in proper proportions at scheduled intervals–the water weight lost would be huge. And obviously, this is a major part of their weight loss.

And you have to look at percentage of body weight lost to be most in perpective. They averaged around 6%.
Again, a very nice figure, but when you are dealing with obese people the initial weight loss on such a structered, restricted program is conceivable.

A few lost about 28 pounds in the 10 days.

taking into account how obese they are and the initial water loss and the first 10 days is within reason. I think you will see it slow down markedly.

Part of the problem with obesity is “inactivity” take a severely over weight person reduce or eliminate their intake of refined carbs, reduce their intake of regular carbs, you will automaticly cut down on the amount of retained fluids especialy if you balance sodium intake not to mention the reduction in insulin output which triggers the hunger mechanism and stores fat. Couple that with a complete turn around in daily activity the sudden bump in metabolism and water reduction could absolutely result in a weight reduction in the 20 + pound range especialy in people of that high of adipose weight to height and build ratio no fraud involved just the beginings of a succesful regimine it will slow down shortly. Besides some of those people weighed in the 300 pound rrange if not close to or above. At that weight 20 lbs really isn’t that obvious of a weight loss.

6% may not seem like at ton, but I’d be pretty scared if I dropped 10 pounds in 10 days. The only time I’ve done something like that came from having a throat so swollen I couldn’t eat. Though, yes, even there, it was mostly fluid weight.

they probably just took a dump

I had a friend who was in the 700 lbs range and he said he lost 30 lbs in water the first two days of a diet. Those fatso’s can really hold their water.

That’s why I couldn’t believe that fat black guy from last season only lost 50 lbs in 2 months. He must have been sneaking food.

And that fat prick from Celebrity Fit Club 2. Only lost 35 lbs in 100 days.
Guys that big should lose 5 lbs letting off a fart.

[quote]xalfred wrote:
Did anyone watch this fable last night. I know these people are at some hefty weights but if you drop 25-40lbs you will look different. Also this seems like a big drop for one week. Considering that most look like they never touched a weight before would they gain some muscle and slow this giant meltdown on the scale?[/quote]

Saw the show, thought the same thing. Something didn’t seem right about the weight loss.

[quote]johnny_law wrote:
I had a friend who was in the 700 lbs range and he said he lost 30 lbs in water the first two days of a diet. Those fatso’s can really hold their water.

That’s why I couldn’t believe that fat black guy from last season only lost 50 lbs in 2 months. He must have been sneaking food.

And that fat prick from Celebrity Fit Club 2. Only lost 35 lbs in 100 days.
Guys that big should lose 5 lbs letting off a fart.[/quote]

Those people are porkers. But none of them are even close to 700 lbs like your friend. 50 lbs in 2 months is absolutely fine.

My prediction is that the women will win. Simply because the men will put on more muscle than the women. The show needs to take gaining muscle into account when displaying results instead of punish the men for not losing as much weight when in fact maybe they have lost fat, but just gained muscle back, thus giving uneducated viewers the perception that the women lost more weight.

[quote]keefer wrote:
My prediction is that the women will win. Simply because the men will put on more muscle than the women. The show needs to take gaining muscle into account when displaying results instead of punish the men for not losing as much weight when in fact maybe they have lost fat, but just gained muscle back, thus giving uneducated viewers the perception that the women lost more weight.

[/quote]

We’ll see about that one. I’d imagine their rountines are rather poor and full of cardio. My guess is that anything the men would gain in muscle, would get eaten up by all the excessive running, jogging, etc.
Probably have them doing 2 hours of cardio and on 800 calorie diets per day (I havent watched the show to know).

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
keefer wrote:

We’ll see about that one. I’d imagine their rountines are rather poor and full of cardio. My guess is that anything the men would gain in muscle, would get eaten up by all the excessive running, jogging, etc.
Probably have them doing 2 hours of cardio and on 800 calorie diets per day (I havent watched the show to know). [/quote]

Yeah, I haven’t watched it either so just blind predicting.

The guy that used to be a standout wrestler probably has a good edge over the others. As long ago as it may have been wrestlers traditionally have had to lose a lot of weight to make thier class. Assuming he had to do that during his career, his body should remember how to shed off the weight better than some of the other porkers.

V

My thought was that the chubby blond with glasses lost something like 26lbs when she originally weighed like 226lbs (my eye says she was 260 if she was an ounce). It looked like she lost nothing what will it take for her to look chubby get down to 88lbs.

My wife and I are addicted to this show. I know I know… there are a lot of haters out there on this show because a lot of the haters are fitness purists and dont’ believe in whatever measures the people on this show took to lose the weight. The fact of the matter is that the people on this show looked amazingly different at the end. I know that extremely obese people will lose large amounts of weight by making even small changes to their diet and activity level.

I think the contestants from this latest season look much better then the folks from the first season. You can tell that weight lifting was incorporated more in the second season. A lot of the contestants of the show looked more defined in the their arms and shoulders then the previous season. I was amazed at how many of them dropped 100+ lbs.

They should all really be proud of themselves for making such drastic changes. I was also amazed at how nice looking people are under all the fat. Many of those people looked completely different after all the fat was gone.

Of course, if you can’t make huge improvements in yourself when all you have to focus on for 3 or 4 months is working out for hours a day and eating right, then you’re not gonna improve at all. There were a couple of contestants that came back for the Finale last night and didn’t look like they’d really dropped that much weight.

Anyway… I like the show. It’s inspiring and a feel good show.

Beats the poop out of that other trend… gastric bypass.

Love that show! Some of those chicks are pretty good looking now!

According to their doc they are netting 0 - 300 KCals/Day

[quote]TDog305 wrote:

According to their doc they are netting 0 - 300 KCals/Day
[/quote]
Does this mean that they are eating in excess of 0 - 300 kCal/day of what their body requires? Alot different than if they were Grossing 0-300 kCal/day…

This show is a joke on so many levels. As a matter of interest I saw the final show last night and decided that winnng based on how much weight one loses is lame. First off, women, as a general rule would be at a disadantage since they are usually lighter compared to men. The woman from the show was origianlly 220ish pounds and looked to be around 5.5ish ft tall. To beat what the men lost she would have had to lose 50% of her original weight which means she would have had to weigh a sickly 110lbs in the end. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

Secondly, teaching the general public that losing weight as a whole is good is wrong. But since I only saw the last show I don’t really know if they talked about weight gain due to an increase in muscle mass. Again, I am a little more than riffed at the prospect that we are teaching people skinny at all cost is good.