Biggest Gainer

I’m posting this in the Beginners forum because after a few years of decent gains I allowed myself to get out of shape and small. So anyway, I was watching the show The Biggest Loser, which I’m sure you’re all familiar with, and I thought if these fatsos had some of the T-Nation coaches there with them they would probably drop weight a lot quicker.

Then I thought of an ingenious (notice I didn’t say genious) idea. There should be a biggest gainer contest for guys that are small, weak, and untrained or under trained.

So if anybody is up for it sign up. I figure go for about 16 weeks or something and see who has made the biggest gains. We could post pics or whatever. I’m not really that in to having pictures of myself floating around the net, but I guess I would be up for it.

im game if i can find the cable to connect the camera on my phone to the laptop- never felt the need to expose myself on camera to the internet although im tempted now- wait that sounded wrong ah you no what i mean

I think body fat measurements are important for something like this so that we don’t have people who completely screw up the gaining process.

Agreed. I’m thinking whoever puts on the most lean body mass. That way if I eat cake 10 times a day I don’t win by putting on like 30 pounds of bodyfat.

I’m game

I’m in but for this to work they’d have to be constant updates and a lot of people in on this or like most internet challenges after about 3-4 weeks the thread would die off and people could forget it about it. I’m all in for this.

Ok, so maybe a 16 weeks (open for debate) with updates from everyone every 4 weeks. If we did 16 weeks we could split it into 4 blocks to chart progress along the way.

The situation isn’t controlled or organized enough to pull this off successfully.

You would have to have regularly updated pictures and stats, as well as the same machine (or professional) doing bodyfat/lean body mass testing on each person involved, all besides the fact that you’d have to find a way to make sure everyone wasn’t just lying.

I’m all for internet competition to see who can make the most progress (arbitrary at best anyway) - in fact I’m involved in one now - but trying to do this like the Biggest Loser show just wouldn’t work.

Well I’m game. I will post pictures, current maxes, weight, height, and bodyfat either tonight or tomorrow. I can’t get a professional bodyfat test, but I’ll try my best. There is something at my gym I can use to get a ballpark estimate. Honor system anyone? I honestly don’t forsee anyone lying, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I’m still doing it, and to the OP, great idea!!

[quote]Krish wrote:
I’m in but for this to work they’d have to be constant updates and a lot of people in on this or like most internet challenges after about 3-4 weeks the thread would die off and people could forget it about it. I’m all in for this.

[/quote]

Maybe if we picked a specific day of the week for everyone to post their pics? Get the mods to make this a sticky? I’m just throwing things out there but if enough people liked the idea, we might be able to make it work.

Yep just list some basic stats like current age, height, weight & bodyfat.

Maybe your goal if you like?

Update your progress once a week or even once every two weeks? Doesn’t really matter if people aren’t using the same bodyfat machines, scales, or whatever as it’s not a serious comp!

Just keep it pretty informal and see how things pan out over the 16 week period.