T Nation

Biggers - Time To Live Up To The Name

Me â?? Research, Lifting, Training, and Hard Work

After having checked my ego weeks ago and reading many forums posts I have determined that I have been my own worst enemy. What I thought was good training and diet has been just adequate; time to get myself in check. I will start with diet, weight, height, and body measurements.
Height: 74
Weight: 191
BF: 16%
Neck: 15.5
Shoulders: 48.8
Chest Across nipple: 41.5
Biceps: 15.25/15.25
Forearm: 12/12.2
Waist Below Hip: 37
Waist on hip: 35
Waist across belly button: 35.1
Thigh: 24.25/24.25
Calf: 14.75/14.5
Arm Length (tip of finger to middle of shoulder): 31.5
Leg Length (hip to bottom of foot): 45
Torso length (top of clavicle to hip midline) 19.5

I am going to be taking in 3300 calories a day and re-evaluating week to week. I have taken so many supplements the last little while (V-Diet plus before that bulking poorly with too many shakes for my liking) and now I will be having as clean as I probably have ever been. I will be keeping complex carbs to breakfast, pre-workout meal, post workout shake and post workout meal.
Getting 1.5g protein/lb of lbm and 30% of my cals come from fats with the rest coming from carbs.

240g protein
340g crabs
110g fats

2 whole eggs
6 egg whites
½ cup oatmeal
1 apple

Extra lean ground turkey
Brown rice
Green veggies

Post Workout
Vitargo, isowhey

Post W/O meal
Extra lean ground turkey
Brown rice
Green veggies

Red meat

Chicken Breast
Green veggies
Fish oils

Nighttime shake
Casein protein
Fish oils

(sets to failure)

Incline DB Ramp: 4x 10-12 (2)
Flat Barbell Press - 3x 8-10 (1)
Decline Dumbbell press - 3x10-12 (2)
Standing calf raises - 4x 8-10 (2) (1-2 mins rest for calves)
Seated calf raises - 3x 8-10 (2)
Leg press Calf raises - 3 x 12-15 (2)
Preacher Curl EZ curl inside grip â?? 3x 10-12 (1)
Preacher Curl EZ curl outside grip â?? 3x 6-8 (1)

Lying leg curls - 4x 6-8 (2)
Leg press - 4x8-10 (2)
Squats - 3x 8-10 (1)
Hack Squats (close stance) - 3x 8-10 (2)

Front Raise 3x 6-10 (1)
Shoulder Press 4x 6-10 (2)
Incline Bench Rear delt raises- 3x 12-15 (2)
Standing cable X's - 3x 20-30 (3)
Shrugs - 4x 8-10 (2)

Pull Up â?? 25 reps
Deadlift - 4x 6-10 (2)
Barbell Row â?? 4x 6-10 (1)
Seated Straight Bar Row 3x 6-10 (2)
Chin Up â?? 25 reps

I feel like my carbs might be a little high. Any thoughts?

(lots of my workout is taken from kingbeef323)

what's going on with your height??

No direct triceps work? do dips instead of decline BP maybe?

and why front raises before shoulder press?? shoulders day is a crap for me. Stick to the basics...

maybe this:

BB Military Press
Seated DB Press
Seated Laterals (bent or flat whatever)
Upright Rows

Let's get psyched! I'm gona get huuuuuge

4 weeks later

"ah screw this"

Great motivation.

Why is a beginner's thread in the Bodybuilding section instead of the Beginner's section?

You don't need 340 grams of carbs at 16% body fat, even if "gaining size" is your goal.

It looks like you have a 30% pro-40% carb-30% fat breakdown.

While the exact macros aren't even that important for you at this point, we all like round, quantifiable numbers. If this is the case and you want an exact percentage to implement, start with:

45% protein--370 grams (You wouldn't even need this much, so if you are "low" in hitting your numbers, you can be low here)
25% carbs--200 grams(50 at breakfast, 100 peri-workout, 50 "leftover" carbs from trace amounts in protein powders, nuts, veggies, etc)
30 % fat--110 grams

You may actually find you feel better (less sluggish, more energy, clearer thinking, etc) on a lower carbohydrate diet versus a higher carbohydrate diet.

At 16% body fat (if that's what you are), your "hormonal and carb efficiency" isn't that great right now. Consistently feeding your body with "unnecessary" carbs at your current body composition, will only prevent you from handling carbs (thus, a more optimal hormonal efficiency) better in the future.

To be fair - he's just stating the obvious. If I had a dime for every skinny fat dude with zero muscle that came to this site and made some huge proclamation about how he was "finally going to get big", and was never heard from again - well, let's just say I'd be in possession of a shitload of dimes.

The idea is - just fucking do it. There's so much blah, blah, blah shit-talk online - why add to it when you haven't accomplished anything yet? Do what you need to do, and THEN post a thread about it - not before.

Whatever bro... show all these mofo's up... and more importantly DO IT FOR YOURSELF!

I look forward to change...

height is 74 inches, or 6'2. I won't do upright rows, asking for shoulder re-injury.

Thanks for pointing out the no triceps. I totally fluffed and didn't include anything. I do them on shoulder day. and will post later what I will do!

4 weeks later
bigger, stronger

my bad, I am still learning forum stuff and posted in the wrong section. If a mod can move it? Thanks!

hey thanks a lot. I will switch it up to use less carbs. I thought they were a little high.

You shouldn't need others to motivate you. Sure, if you've already travelled the road quite a bit and shown you are serious, that extra motivation from the bigger ones is great (the extra challenge). But mostly, the motivation should come from within you, and you usually "get places" from consistent habits, not spur of the moment emotional decisions to be something different.

As Skynett said, the amount of people speaking their goals instead of reaching them is in the millions. Forgive me for my cynicism, after all, I am Scottish :stuck_out_tongue: Will honestly be happy if I was proven wrong though...and I hope my negativity may be motivation for the OP.

The difference between external and internal locus of control.

Hey guys thanks for a the advice and the reverse encouragement lol. For me that does make me want to do it harder to not just be talk. I am going to continue to track my progress on my training log. Thanks again!