Bigger Stronger Faster

My name is Sarosh I’m 5’8" 140lbs 5.5%bf I’ve been training on and off for a year, and seriously for about 2 months, I have had good strength increases within this time.

I have been weight training 6-7 days a week (each workout typically lasts about an hour and a half), and I also have rugby practice twice a week for 2 hours each.

I cycle between these 2 workouts each day of the week

Day 1: 5 sets of each exercise in this order
Squat
Dumbbell bench
Pull ups
Incline Dumbbell bench

Preacher Curl
Tricep extension

Day 2: 5 sets of each exercise (alternating the order of the first 4 exercises)
Military Press
Deadlift (standard or stiff leg)
Cable cross overs and pushups
Hack squats or isolateral row

calf raise (seated or standing)

I am taking protein(whey and Casein), creatine, BCAA’s, and a multivitamin. I want to know if this program is good, unhealthy, and such. My diet is good, however if there are any suggestions on intaking a minimum number of calories, carbs and protein to suit this type of workout routine, I would greatly appreciate it.

Good work in picking goodlifts, however you’re lifting too often. Lift every other day or M-W-F. You’re not getting any recovery time. At your weight if you’re eating about 3000kcals+ a day you’ll be set to grow for a while, depending on how much you burn during rugby.

You gonna need to eat a lot and sleep a lot if you gonna train every day with those things. personally i’d like to train every day but i doubt i will since while i can eat a lot, i cant sleep enough, my body just doesnt. whenever i sleep 8 hours i wake up without much energy. if i sleep 10-12 then im ready to make new records.

but really unless your diet and sleep are right then you will overtrain. you cant squat everday and not overtrain eventually

though i’d probably not weightlift the same days as rugby training.

Because it’s summer time right now, I can take some more time with sleep, and I do try and get around 3000 cals

looks like you’re gonna start whoopin ass in rugby. i like the program. just get rid of the incline shit. and take 3 rest days if you can. if you can handle 6 days of training, thats fine also. however, if you’re looking for muscle growth, or weight gain… 3 days rest is a must

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
looks like you’re gonna start whoopin ass in rugby. i like the program. just get rid of the incline shit. and take 3 rest days if you can. if you can handle 6 days of training, thats fine also. however, if you’re looking for muscle growth, or weight gain… 3 days rest is a must[/quote]

I LOVE incline DB press. But otherwise this is a pretty good post. Make sure that you are progressing, and if you aren’t I’d just stick with MWF+practice.

I agree with zep
it actually looks alot like my program right now

I actually have my old football routine also that gives you 3 days lifting 2 of them are heavy and 3 days conditioning. cardio ect

still gives you 2 full days rest if your interested.

I am actually starting it again myself now its not too different from what you already do
every day is kind of rough you do need rest in there.