Bigger Stronger Faster Movie: In Theaters

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* was in the Sundance Film Festival ( http://www.sundance.org/festival/press_industry/releases/2008_films_in_competition.asp ) is coming to some theaters (major cities.) From the little I can see, it looks kinda-sorta similar to the other “after school special” steroid documentaries, except it looks better produced, and might focus more on the hypocrisy of the current regulations. It’s also directed by Jackass’s brother, so it’s probably good & worth seeing. It’s hard to find what it is about though.

Short writeup at Elite:
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=62936&tid=

Official site WITH TRAILER:

IMDB:

Wikipedia:
Bigger, Stronger, Faster* - Wikipedia*

Where and When to see it:

Opening

5/30/2008
Hollywood, CA: ArcLight Hollywood 15
Irvine, CA: University Town Center 6 Cinemas
Los Angeles, CA: The Landmark
Pasadena, CA: Playhouse 7 Cinemas
New York, NY: Sunshine Cinema
New York, NY: Empire 25 Theaters

6/6/2008
Berkeley, CA: Shattuck Cinemas
Palo Alto, CA: Aquarius 2
San Diego, CA: Hillcrest Cinemas
San Francisco, CA: Embarcadero Center Cinema
Washington, DC: E Street Cinema
Chicago, IL: Landmark’s Century Centre Cinema
Cambridge, MA: Kendall Square Cinema
Minneapolis, MN: Lagoon Cinema
Philadelphia, PA: Ritz at the Bourse
Austin, TX: Arbor Cinemas at Great Hills
Dallas, TX: Magnolia Theatre - Dallas

6/13/2008
Santa Cruz, CA: Nickelodeon Theatres
Denver, CO: Mayan Theatre
Atlanta, GA: Midtown Art Cinemas 8
Portland, ME: The Movies
Royal Oak, MI: Main Art Theatre
Frontenac, MO: Plaza Frontenac Cinema
Portland, OR: Fox Tower 10

6/20/2008
North Falmouth, MA: Nickelodeon Cinema 5
Charlotte, NC: Manor Theatre
Santa Fe, NM: De Vargas Center
Bend, OR: Pilot Butte 6 Theatres
Richmond, VA: Westhampton Cinema 2

6/27/2008
Salt Lake City, UT: Broadway Centre Cinemas

Anyone know where or how I can see this movie in Canada?

watched the trailer looks good though I hope doesn’t send a very one sided argument.

The director and his brothers have used steroids (sorry if I read that wrong) so if anything, I wonder if people will just say "yea, but he’s just a stupid juicer with an agenda.)

Quick, somebody put it on DVD… or a torrent, but I’d way rather give them my money.

he did not do that in 6 weeks

this

No local releases =/

i got it in Cambridge =P

but yeah i agree with Shizen i hope this isnt some one sided steroids are the antichrist thing.

it does make me wonder though, even though were not supposed to automatically think guys bigger than us are on steroids but really i wonder how many of them ARE?

i also really hope this movie doesnt make things worse. theres already so much shit going on in the media about juice and its like anyone with an above average physique is stigmatized as a steroid user so i just hope this doesnt get it into even more peoples heads that everyone is juicing…and thats a serious concern as it makes even me wonder about how many people are legitamately juicing and ive just seen the trailer.

FYI: I don’t know when it is getting released on DVD, but it can be found in Netflix.

I shall go to the June one in Kendall

I’m going to the one in Kendal square as well.

I love to see the fucking politicians talk shit. The United States Olympic Committe designed programs based around many of these substances for YEARS and the government funded it. My how short our memory is

I’ve been looking forward to watching this. Just noticed it will be in Santa Cruz on 6/13.

I’ll be there.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i got it in Cambridge =P

but yeah i agree with Shizen i hope this isnt some one sided steroids are the antichrist thing.

it does make me wonder though, even though were not supposed to automatically think guys bigger than us are on steroids but really i wonder how many of them ARE?

i also really hope this movie doesnt make things worse. theres already so much shit going on in the media about juice and its like anyone with an above average physique is stigmatized as a steroid user so i just hope this doesnt get it into even more peoples heads that everyone is juicing…and thats a serious concern as it makes even me wonder about how many people are legitamately juicing and ive just seen the trailer.[/quote]

I don’t know if you know, but the director, writer, producer is the brother of Jackass (Guy-No) who has a thread here.

I’m thinking these guys know their stuff

Yeah, this movie does look really good, but I thought it didn’t come out until summer or something. Anyway, it should be a good, hopefully more-subjective view on steroids and how they can be used.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i got it in Cambridge =P

i also really hope this movie doesnt make things worse. theres already so much shit going on in the media about juice and its like anyone with an above average physique is stigmatized as a steroid user so i just hope this doesnt get it into even more peoples heads that everyone is juicing…and thats a serious concern as it makes even me wonder about how many people are legitamately juicing and ive just seen the trailer.

I don’t know if you know, but the director, writer, producer is the brother of Jackass (Guy-No) who has a thread here.

I’m thinking these guys know their stuff

[/quote]

I would think so.

Looking forward to when I can see the movie. I own a couple of Jackass’ DVD’s and they are incredible. Have to see if the talent runs in the family.

so i guess ill be seeing a few of you guys there then.

be on the lookout for someone with a double line-up going through their mohawk and a shirt that will most likely have a naked, or close to it, woman on it.

What are Jackass’s DVDs about, and where can I get them?
I’m guessing Elite?

[quote]Hunt wrote:
I’m going to the one in Kendal square as well.[/quote]

I’ll hjave on my T-Ntion shirt, got to represent

Any media that has Gregg valantino in it is not going to be pro steroids, even if they explain how he is hated by most steroid users and has used other substances to make himself freakish, it is the image of him married to the word ‘steroids’ that uneducated people will leave with.