Bigger Legs on Stationary Bike?

I’m having a hard time finding an article on T-Nation someone wrote about pedaling hard for 2-3 minute intervals for bigger legs.

are you squatting, deadlifting and using variations of each movement on machines and doing isolation work?

I’ve been doing the Starting Strength program 3x5 for the last 2 months with great results but lately I’ve been having some weird pains shoot down the sides of my legs when I squat so I want to back off for a while

Think Velodrome training. It’s all about short burst power. If you follow “Tour de France” type, your legs will get smaller. Unless you are a sprinter (green jersey).

It’s all about short burst power.

But yeah, look into that “type” of training.

[quote]johnnydeeper wrote:
I’m having a hard time finding an article on T-Nation someone wrote about pedaling hard for 2-3 minute intervals for bigger legs.[/quote]

I think is was written by Chad Waterbury. I can’t find it though, might just be a section of an article, not the whole thing dedicated to it. Search for his HFT stuff.

http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1367

thanks for the help fellas

LIVESPILL!!! Forgot about those.

Haha this ^^

Why is this in the bodybuilding section? Lol

how track sprinters build their legs…oh squatting heavy ass weight, who would have guessed??

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:

how track sprinters build their legs…oh steroids who would have guessed??[/quote]

Fixed for ya…thank me later pal.

Actually I noticed some significant size increases in my quads this past summer when I started doing hard mountain biking as cardio. If you look at the quads of sprint cyclists, they are pretty damn impressive.

Ive always found higher reps, lactic acid inducing workouts to be beneficial for quad growth.

[quote]Consul wrote:
Haha this ^^

Why is this in the bodybuilding section? Lol[/quote]
In which section should building bigger legs be discussed?

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:

how track sprinters build their legs…oh steroids who would have guessed??[/quote]

Fixed for ya…thank me later pal.[/quote]

Stupid statement. They still need to do heavy ass squats to build those legs. Steroids or not.

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:

Related to the video: Do you really think you need steroids to squat 260 kg?

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]hatesmiles wrote:

Stupid statement. They still need to do heavy ass squats to build those legs. Steroids or not.[/quote]

No they don’t. If you take steroids even farting will make you gain muscle mass. In fact most professional bodybuilders don’t even lift, they just do some push ups and jumping jacks to get huge. /sarcasm.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
No they don’t. If you take steroids even farting will make you gain muscle mass. In fact most professional bodybuilders don’t even lift, they just do some push ups and jumping jacks to get huge. /sarcasm.[/quote]

Actually, you had it right all along. You don’t HAVE to exercise on AAS in order to build muscle mass. I’d suggest focusing more on your diet than my posts though…you look like shit.

To the other poster, no I do not believe that you have to use AAS to squat 260 kg…to do that while staying lean, quick & muscular, such as the individual in the video–yes, you better believe it.

no I do not believe that you have to use AAS to squat 260 kg…to do that while staying lean, quick & muscular, such as the individual in the video–yes, you better believe it.[/quote]

EDIT AGAIN: Fuck it, I won’t be a dick, it’s still Easter. Kind of ridiculous to suggest that such things are ONLY possible with AAS, though most with those achievements probably do rely on chemical assistance.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

EDIT AGAIN: Fuck it, I won’t be a dick, it’s still Easter. Kind of ridiculous to suggest that such things are ONLY possible with AAS, though most with those achievements probably do rely on chemical assistance.[/quote]

Don’t hold back big guy, I can handle it :slight_smile:

I know, some of you are not big on human limitations…unfortunately, they exist. If you think you can do what a geared-up track cyclist can do, naturally, well I implore you to try and prove me wrong.

I just don’t want y’all to chase false dreams & hopes.