Big, Strong People in Dallas, TX?

I keep hearing people say that the best way to get bigger and stronger is to find a group of big, strong people and train with them. So, just curious if there are any serious powerlifters/bodybuilders/big strong motherfuckers in Dallas, Tx. that wouldn’t mind showing a weak, skinny guy the ropes.

Peace

Hey,
I’m over in Fort Worth. I once wondered into a gym in East Dallas or Mesquite called Texas gym. I was one of the smaller people there. Lot’s of big, strong mofo’s in there. Rates were pretty reasonable too. Jammin tunes too, not the boyband crap I hear at my commercial gym in Fort Worth.

I think it was on Oates Drive. I hope it’s still there. Depending on where you live/work you might also look at Stroud’s gym in Hurst and Metroflex in Arlington. I make the trek to Hurst about twice a week to squat and deadlift and use a local gym nearby for cardio and some dumbell work.

[quote]Spike9726 wrote:
Hey,
I’m over in Fort Worth. I once wondered into a gym in East Dallas or Mesquite called Texas gym. I was one of the smaller people there. Lot’s of big, strong mofo’s in there. Rates were pretty reasonable too. Jammin tunes too, not the boyband crap I hear at my commercial gym in Fort Worth.

I think it was on Oates Drive. I hope it’s still there. Depending on where you live/work you might also look at Stroud’s gym in Hurst and Metroflex in Arlington. I make the trek to Hurst about twice a week to squat and deadlift and use a local gym nearby for cardio and some dumbell work. [/quote]

Anyone on here workout at Texas Gym?

I too am in Fort Worth. One of my buddies hits up TX Gym in Dallas when he is home for the holidays. He likes it, says it is cheap and says strong people lift there.

Bad Attitude powerlifting gym is over there in East Dallas area too. I also know a guy with his own gym in the Plano/Allen area.

[quote]Spike9726 wrote:
Hey,

I think it was on Oates Drive. I hope it’s still there. Depending on where you live/work you might also look at Stroud’s gym in Hurst and Metroflex in Arlington. I make the trek to Hurst about twice a week to squat and deadlift and use a local gym nearby for cardio and some dumbell work. [/quote]

Where do you work out in Fort Worth?

Bad Attitude if you are into powerlifting. Big strong lifters and an insane atmosphere.

Metroflex if you are into bodybuilding. Ronnie Coleman, nuff said there.

Stroud’s fitness (Hurst - in between Dallas and Ft worth) has many powerlifters (APF and USAPL). Johnny Jackson (powerlifter and bodybuilder) works out and trains peopld there as well. They have a nice back room w/ squat rack and monolift.

beef

Is there a real gym in Ft Worth that I’ve missed? Especially on the west side or inside loop 820? Anyone tried that Ying/Yang gym on the traffic circle?

I’m in Fort Worth as well. Not sure if I’ve seen that place.

Like the previous posts, the best and nearest thing I’ve heard of is Stroud’s in Hurst.

Though, oddly enough, I was just having a discussion with my wife last night about what it would take to open a nice dungeon of a gym. I image the liability insurance would be a SOB, even over commercial space rental fees and equipment costs. But hell if I know…

I train at Bad Attitude Gym. If you’re interested in powerlifting, check us out.

www.badattitudegym.com

To sum up, your hardcore gym options are:

Bad Attitude
Metroflex
Texas Gym
Strouds
The Gym (Midway rd in Carrollton area)

If you live/work far North or East of The Gym - like me - you’re SOL. Of course, I can’t blaim anyone for not opening a hardcore gym in the Plano/Frisco/Allen area. I don’t think anyone around here gives a rat’s feces about hardcore training.

Note: The last sentence is intended to serve as a motivational call to action. If you’re in these areas and believe in hardcore training and/or know of a decent gym, SPEAK UP…

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
I too am in Fort Worth. One of my buddies hits up TX Gym in Dallas when he is home for the holidays. He likes it, says it is cheap and says strong people lift there.

Bad Attitude powerlifting gym is over there in East Dallas area too. I also know a guy with his own gym in the Plano/Allen area. [/quote]

Is the one that you are talking about being in the Plano/Allen area in Murphy?