T Nation

Big Stomach

Hello. This problem may not be to big, but my stomach is going outwards. Why is that? Is it my fatpercent, which is probably at around 15%? It’s almost flat when i haven’t ate anything, but after a meal BANG! it floats out again. What should i do?
Thanks alot…

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Hello. This problem may not be to big, but my stomach is going outwards. Why is that? Is it my fatpercent, which is probably at around 15%? It’s almost flat when i haven’t ate anything, but after a meal BANG! it floats out again. What should i do?
Thanks alot…[/quote]

Eat food that has absolutely no mass or form of any kind.

If you build up the rest of your body, your stomach won’t stick out as much, relatively of course.

stomach vacuums…

Do you feel bloated after eating, and do you stay full for a very long time? If so, that, combined with the actual, observable bloating, might suggest low stomach acid. Probiotics might help with that.

Maybe you have gas. Or maybe you lack muscle mass across the board. I think you’ll stick with the later theory.

I have to ask this. First, is this a serious question? Second, have you ever touched a piece of weight training equipment in your life? If you haven’t all bets are off as far as what any part of your body might be doing. If you have you need help with your training not with with your mildly protruding soft mid section that matches the soft rest of you that is visible in that shot, if that’s even you.

If you had been training hard and eating right for a while this could maybe be a concern, but that picture does not show someone for whom this discussion is relevant at all.

No offense if you’re being honest, but try lifting some weights before worrying about this.

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Thanks alot…[/quote]

You look pretty lean, so im guessing you’ve got no abdominal control. And maybe you eat too much in one go. If thats the case try eating the same amount of food in a day, but spread over more meals

I think its your posture.

anterior pelvic tilt

Try eating enough fiber.

Some things thay or may not help:

1. everything Trib said
  2. stomach vacums
  3. eat less per sitting
  4. probiotics
  5. colon cleanser
  6. more fiber in diet
  7. suck your stomach in all the time and it will become natural for you

I have to ask, is this serious?

You joined a few days ago and you dont look like you dont’t train at all.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Try eating enough fiber.[/quote]

This guy is skinny. Like most skinny guys, especially those new to any food actually being in their stomach on a regular basis, it is much more likely that he is simply experiencing HAVING FOOD IN HIS STOMACH.

I mean, seriously, how is anyone skipping over the fact that he looks like he can’t even do one push up? His stomach is sticking out? Gee, who’s doesn’t after eating a meal? I guess if your meal was largely just salad and water…

On his stomach you can see some of the muscles poking through. This is not a stomach covered in a lot of fat, so if it is sticking out like that I think he is just not supporting it properly. Also note that it is sticking out at the bottom which is anterior pelvic tilt.

Posture. The rectus abdominus should pull up to support the front of the pelvis. Pull up your chest, pull up your stomach, relax the shoulders down, and watch your stomach flatten out.

I don’t get the fiber line of thought. Is he supposed to shit out the meal two minutes after eating it?

ide get that checked out by a doctor

[quote]hokejka wrote:
ide get that checked out by a doctor[/quote]

LOL!

“Hey, doc…I’m really worried about something.”

“Go ahead.”

“My stomach…well, it sticks out when I put food in it!!”

“I’m sorry, son…but you have AIDs.”

you’re damn near morbidly obese

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hokejka wrote:
ide get that checked out by a doctor

LOL!

“Hey, doc…I’m really worried about something.”

“Go ahead.”

“My stomach…well, it sticks out when I put food in it!!”

“I’m sorry, son…but you have AIDs.”[/quote]

Owned!

But seriously, your stomach sticks out because it’s full. Take a shit or give it an hour or so and it’ll be normal again. Don’t use it as an excuse to eat less.

Perhaps eat more often with less food?

As for the posture thing - people may be thinking about posterior tilt and assuming that you need to work on strengthening your “lower ab” musculature as well as stretching your lower back. (Check out Neanderthal No More articles on T-Nation).

However, there is one more aspect of that you may not have thought of - when people have tight hip flexors, this can cause the belly to appear larger. This is STILL part of the tilt problem, but can exacerbate the issue and you have to remember to address it. Stretch out the hip flexors (right under your abs at the hips) with lunge stretches, etc.