Big Ramy Lost Gains

Is Big Ramy the human who has the most muscle mass ever? I have heard Ronnie Coleman was 298 pounds lean at his biggest. Or is there a strongman with more muscle mass out there?

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Is Big Ramy the human who has the most muscle mass ever? I have heard Ronnie Coleman was 298 pounds lean at his biggest. Or is there a strongman with more muscle mass out there? [/quote]

Yeah there are guys in strongman and certainly the NFL with as much if not more muscle

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Is Big Ramy the human who has the most muscle mass ever? I have heard Ronnie Coleman was 298 pounds lean at his biggest. Or is there a strongman with more muscle mass out there? [/quote]

Yeah there are guys in strongman and certainly the NFL with as much if not more muscle[/quote]

Reckon rammy was at about 8% bf at last year’s Olympia. That’s a good 290lbs of lean mass and I’m probably being unkind to him on the bf front.

Mariusz doesn’t even weight that much total, Big Z has the size but he’d need to be 25% body fat to have more muscle and that would be very kind.

The guy completely dwarfs previous giants like El Sonbaty and Ruhl

I reckon Rammy is like Lavrone in that his off season weight is lower than his contest weight but it would be interesting to see a Rammy at 12% body fat and maximising muscle mass.

[quote]Akidara wrote:

298 ‘lean’, sure. He never competed at 300 lbs though. I believe Ramy has competed at closer to 300 lbs than Coleman ever did.

Someone like Hafthor might be carrying more lbs of lean muscle, but he’s also like 6’9 or something. So the comparison gets a little weird. But if I had to guess, I believe that Hafthor is carrying more muscular weight than any human ever has.

Just goes to show the irony of our game; if you want to gain muscle fast, and by that I mean 25Lbs+ in year 2, you need to let your belt out a notch or two.

[quote]Jaybee wrote:
Just goes to show the irony of our game; if you want to gain muscle fast, and by that I mean 25Lbs+ in year 2, you need to let your belt out a notch or two. [/quote]

I don’t really see where you’re getting that from. That idea seems remotely related to this conversation at best.

So… I just saw this…

Definitely pushing freak/10 (the shoulders are insane - his back looks like a bull skull lol) but it’s always about the conditioning with Rami. I hope he doesn’t turn into Kai Greene with his pre-show hype and coming up short on game day as he was pretty disappointing last year.

Phil is bigger and more conditioned than he usually is at this time of year so barring a disaster I think you can pencik in numero 6.

I worry about the Ramy hype. I’m not saying he’s not on of the hugest Mofo’s I’ve ever seen, BUT, just like we all hyped Kai because “he’s bigger!”, he never managed to put together a better complete package when he had the chance to beat Heath.

S

I am not a true bodybuilding fan. I like to know who wins each year. I know who the contestants are for the most part. Never been a big fan of the grainy(?) look. I liked The Oaks look over Yates.

I think Big Ramy is going to take it this year.

From the front a couple of weeks ago.

I think I’ve said this in other threads before. I put absolutely ZERO stock in photos like this. For one, he’s not standing next to another person. Everybody looks great by themselves. More importantly though, conditioning is everything. If Ramy doesn’t show up in shape, he’ll lose, because Phil never shows up out of shape.

Damn. He is almost at the point to where he would have to turn sideways to walk through a door opening.

If he was in a mirror or open space behind him, I would totally agree. I think the picture being taken in front of a door can give a person a pretty good reference of how big he is.

I could easily be wrong here, but with the new classic division, I would think even more judges would sway towards the mass monster.

That’s the fun! It’s the unknown factor.

Will he ever beat Phil? Probably not, but maybe… By far the most interesting thing about the O these days is what condition Ramy’ll turn up in.

My prediction:

1st - Ramy
2nd - Levrone

hahaha

Going by usual form - Levrone will take the spot they give to broken down Mr Olympias who managed to get themselves in reasonable shape - 5 or 6, 4 if they are really feeling sentimental. The real spot will likely be bottom 5.

And Phil will win because he isn’t broken down yet. If Rami comes in conditioned then maybe 2 after which they’ll put him in the 3-6 range for a few years.

Another post on social media. This time of this back.

Insane stuff - there is actually no Christmas tree as it is engulfed in muscle lol

Well, this years Olympia will definitely be interesting. Looking to see levrone and ramy, but other than that this will probably be the last interesting Olympia for some time. Politics have taken the sport over

Politics have always been part of the game.