Big Pharma and Big Media

You do this ALL the time lol. Congratulations on finally recognizing it.

1 Like

No, they are contradictory. Highly so. Let me explain.

You want food to be labeled properly (I agree with this, by the way). How do we assure that food is labeled properly? We need regulations and testing, things that guarantee that the consumer is actually buying what the label says; without rigorous testing there is no way to guarantee that the labels are accurate.

Similarly, for medications, if you want the consumer to know that they’re actually “buying what the label says” (i.e. that the would-be treatment actually does what it’s claimed to do) we need regulations and testing. The FDA process assures that drugs brought to market have actually been tested so the “label” is accurate, or at least relatively so. Gutting the FDA approval pathway, as you’ve suggested, would allow treatments to go to market without the equivalent “label” (or at least without any assurance that the “label” is accurate).

2 Likes

You used far too many words for your explanation to sink in.

2 Likes

This is most likely subservient to Epigenetics. Epigenetics and obesity - PMC Many laboratories are in the process of exploring how diet and other environmental stimuli influence the epigenome and disease risk. This flurry of ongoing research is set to alter our understanding of obesity and related metabolic disorders.

What about corporate welfare?

I agree if you are talking about a government by and for the corporations.

Wrong again. When the FDA is stopping procedures from coming to the market when they have been used successfully thousands of times over. It is time for a new paradigm. Stem cells have been used successfully for years, just not in this country. So citizens have to go outside of this country for real help. Instead of relying on the garbage produced by Big Pharma. Stem cells are far more effective at getting to the root cause of certain diseases rather than just treating the symptoms with all the nasty side effects. The expense of the FDA testing and trials are loved by Big Pharma as it is usually cost prohibitive for most companies. And this helps to keep competition away.

You have the IQ and reasoning skills of Ricky Bobby.

Well, according to some random article on Entertainment Weekly, Will Ferrell is the 17th smartest person in Hollywood. So, thanks!

I think it would be funny to humor the New Age Prophets of Holistic Living and adopt some REALLY strict labeling laws. Because as a health-conscious consumer who barely passed high school chemistry, I have a right to know what I’m putting into my body. I should be able to read a label and know if something sounds bad or not, then make an informed decision based on my gut reaction to the word I barely understood.

With the right sort of labeling laws and the new age holistic living crowd’s irrational fear of chemistry, I could easily make a killing by selling some organic fair-trade coffee specially brewed to reduce the levels of Nitrogenous Compounds.

1 Like

If your goal is to persuade people then you might want to lighten up on ad hominem attacks and focus on your argument.

If you’re sticking with ad hominems
 work on better ones.

I wouldn’t expect you to discern between Will Ferrell and his characters.

They’re the same person or do you not understand how acting works? That wouldn’t be shocking by the way

What about the people who understand what the labelling says?

Wait you accept IQ as a measure for intelligence now?

Are you serious?

2 Likes

The reason low quality meat is so cheap is because of subsidies given to feedlot farms.It takes something like 6lbs of corn to produce one pound of beef.

This essentially drives the quality of food down and makes it impossible for small non mass production farms to compete

Subsidies ought to be given to non-feedlot farmers who feed their cattle grass and do not inject them with hormones n stuff.

rant

No. It’s subsidies for corn and soy that distorted markets in the first place. More distortions won’t help. The government should stop picking winners and losers and let consumers demand what they want.

/rant

1 Like

Have you looked around a food-court lately? Lots of land-barges in those waters.

Consumers don’t always ‘demand’ what is in their best interest. Not suggesting the govt should start telling us what to eat; just pointing out that an ‘unfettered consumer choice’ approach has a distinct downside.