Big, New Squat by the End of Semester

[quote]WW3General wrote:
HeavyTriple I think it may be on the computer at home, I am going home this weekend and if I can find it I will link it up for you.[/quote]

OK. I hope you see why we’re skeptical, though. With your DL lagging that much it’s far more likely that you’re doing a much more limited ROM on squat than you think. At least 600 makes more sense, now. In any case, good luck.

HeavyTriple-I completely understand you not trusting a random guy on the internet saying he is going to lift a certain weight. And I will post videos, if possible, so you can all see what I am doing. No matter if you consider it a full deep squat, or just not quite deep enough. Also, I never really trained deadlift seriously in my life. I am going to start doing it religously though now.

Stronghold- I am not really looking to use a squat suit, plus I don’t have the expendable income to buy one. I do not even use a belt yet, eventually though I will start using one. (when i get enough money to buy one that fits me)

Spar4tee-It has been so long since I repped 500 I consider it starting all over. But, since I have done 500 before it is easier mentally to get back to it I believe. Just like I said my squat max was 315x 3, give me 3 weeks of heavy squating and I know I will be beating the hell out of that once my muscles get used to squating again.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
HeavyTriple-I completely understand you not trusting a random guy on the internet saying he is going to lift a certain weight. And I will post videos, if possible, so you can all see what I am doing. No matter if you consider it a full deep squat, or just not quite deep enough. Also, I never really trained deadlift seriously in my life. I am going to start doing it religously though now.

Stronghold- I am not really looking to use a squat suit, plus I don’t have the expendable income to buy one. I do not even use a belt yet, eventually though I will start using one. (when i get enough money to buy one that fits me)

Spar4tee-It has been so long since I repped 500 I consider it starting all over. But, since I have done 500 before it is easier mentally to get back to it I believe. Just like I said my squat max was 315x 3, give me 3 weeks of heavy squating and I know I will be beating the hell out of that once my muscles get used to squating again.[/quote]
I’ll be watching.

[quote]WW3General wrote:

Spar4tee-It has been so long since I repped 500 I consider it starting all over. But, since I have done 500 before it is easier mentally to get back to it I believe. Just like I said my squat max was 315x 3, give me 3 weeks of heavy squating and I know I will be beating the hell out of that once my muscles get used to squating again.[/quote]

So was the 500 for reps belted or not…?

[quote]jsmiley07 wrote:

[quote]WW3General wrote:

So was the 500 for reps belted or not…?[/quote]

Belted, but I lost the belt in my house fire. I miss that belt.

September 6, 2011 Squat day. Today I was supposed to do squat and some shoulder press, I was beat after the squat session and chose not to dothe shoulderpress. I am going to take back what I said about using DJ’s two times a week for twice the benefits it just isn’t going to happen. And for good or bad this was all done with out a belt. I was lifting the partials around 6 inches. Feel pretty good about this workout.

My calves are twitching and it is 2 or 3 hours after my workout it looks like a wave of muscle going down my my calf over and over again. It feels funny but it does not hurt.

W/U
Bar x 10
135 x 9
225 x 5
W/S
315 x 4
365 x 1
405 x 1
Partials 7th hole down- Goal = 20 partial reps total.
605 x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1 = 8
615 x2x3x3 = 8
675 x2
725 x3

[quote]WW3General wrote:
September 6, 2011 Squat day. Today I was supposed to do squat and some shoulder press, I was beat after the squat session and chose not to dothe shoulderpress. I am going to take back what I said about using DJ’s two times a week for twice the benefits it just isn’t going to happen. And for good or bad this was all done with out a belt. I was lifting the partials around 6 inches. Feel pretty good about this workout.

My calves are twitching and it is 2 or 3 hours after my workout it looks like a wave of muscle going down my my calf over and over again. It feels funny but it does not hurt.

W/U
Bar x 10
135 x 9
225 x 5
W/S
315 x 4
365 x 1
405 x 1
Partials 7th hole down- Goal = 20 partial reps total.
605 x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1 = 8
615 x2x3x3 = 8
675 x2
725 x3[/quote]
Don’t feel bad about not having a belt. I don’t have one either.

September 10, 2011 Squats.

W/U
BAR x 10
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 6
405 x 1
Partials- 7th hole
725 x2x3x3x3x2x2 = 15
675 x5
Total- 20 partial reps.

For a finisher today I left 225 pounds on the bar after my partials and repped it till i couldnt do anymore.

Good luck bro

Thanks Singingbear I am giving it my best shot we will see what happens.

[quote]WW3General wrote:

For a finisher today I left 225 pounds on the bar after my partials and repped it till i couldnt do anymore.[/quote]

Curious how many reps you got so we can have a dick measuring contest? I was inspired by Dan John’s article last week and went in trying to hit 30…made it to 25 before I started to cry…it was painfull…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]WW3General wrote:

For a finisher today I left 225 pounds on the bar after my partials and repped it till i couldnt do anymore.[/quote]

Curious how many reps you got so we can have a dick measuring contest? I was inspired by Dan John’s article last week and went in trying to hit 30…made it to 25 before I started to cry…it was painfull…[/quote]

At my gym, one of our challenges is 225 for 30 on squat. Only our former VT starter has done it so far. I’ve gotten myself to 20, but these attempts are always after max triples, so I’ll need to see how I can do it fresh sometime.

I only got 8 reps at 225 on squat after my workout. I know on that day I only left a little in the tank. So the challenge is how many reps with 225 with out setting it down for a break? Is this before or after a workout?

Is his test 225 x 30 continuous reps?

Guys I am going to have to postpone this till i get a weight belt. I did a single the other day with 465 after my workout, I got it but I don’t think I feel comfortable right now going any higher with out a good belt. I am going to try to maintain what strength I built on squat and try to strengthen my core. If I get my core strong enough to go heavier on a full squat I will proceed without a belt.

This has got me thinking what belts really do for us. I wonder if I should be worrying about getting a belt or just strengthening everything else so my muscles can do the work a belt does. Kind of seems like I am putting the cart before the horse if I am trying to squat big and i need a belt to make sure i don’t blow my back out. I will think on this, the next few weeks.

[quote]WW3General wrote:
Guys I am going to have to postpone this till i get a weight belt. I did a single the other day with 465 after my workout, I got it but I don’t think I feel comfortable right now going any higher with out a good belt. I am going to try to maintain what strength I built on squat and try to strengthen my core. If I get my core strong enough to go heavier on a full squat I will proceed without a belt.

This has got me thinking what belts really do for us. I wonder if I should be worrying about getting a belt or just strengthening everything else so my muscles can do the work a belt does. Kind of seems like I am putting the cart before the horse if I am trying to squat big and i need a belt to make sure i don’t blow my back out. I will think on this, the next few weeks.[/quote]
I’m reaching the same conclusion. I’ll probably get a belt in the next few weeks since it’s not really a big issue.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]WW3General wrote:

This has got me thinking what belts really do for us. I wonder if I should be worrying about getting a belt or just strengthening everything else so my muscles can do the work a belt does. Kind of seems like I am putting the cart before the horse if I am trying to squat big and i need a belt to make sure i don’t blow my back out. I will think on this, the next few weeks.[/quote]
I’m reaching the same conclusion. I’ll probably get a belt in the next few weeks since it’s not really a big issue.[/quote]

I may have the extra money to get one in a couple weeks. It may take a week or two to get it delivered, so that is the time schedule I am hoping for.

[quote]WW3General wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]WW3General wrote:

I’m reaching the same conclusion. I’ll probably get a belt in the next few weeks since it’s not really a big issue.[/quote]

I may have the extra money to get one in a couple weeks. It may take a week or two to get it delivered, so that is the time schedule I am hoping for.[/quote]
Oops meant months not weeks, but yeah go for it.