T Nation

Big Natural Guys

Any of you 100% natural guys with 18-19" inch arms, strong bench, good back. That arent carrying an excessive amount of bodyfat. Whats your weekly split look like? I made a ton of progression over the past nearly 3 years. Recently though, this is the first bulk ive hit a wall. And its getting hard, my arms are nearly 18" and my other bodyparts are struggling to get bigger.

Well, I'm not quite there in the arm department (talk to KingBeef about that), I can give you an idea of the split I'm using currently and splits I have used.

Right now I am following Eric Broser's P/RR/S template with some tweaking of my own and my split looks like this:
Monday: Chest/Delts
Tuesday: Back/Traps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Friday: Legs
Sat/Sun: Off (cardio)
Abs are trained 2-3 times a week with 1-2 exercises each time (heavy, weighted) and calves are trained 2-3 times a week in the same manner.

I like this split a lot.

I also am a big fan of a more traditional bodypart once-weekly split.

Ultimately, you have to find what works well for you, but these are what are working/have worked well for me in the past.

At a little over 19" now, I put 4+" on my arms in 3 years, but apparently I'm excessively fat, so I'm doing it wrong, so I got nothing for you.

You're definitely not fat, but I think you will lose quite a bit of circumference if you get down to competition level body fat %. Mine are a little over 18" now and I'm hoping to stay around 17" once I cut down to just ~10% body fat or so.

I wouldn't let the posters get to you about not staying lean. I appreciate this forum for motivating me to do some serious bulks over the past few years.

Why on earth would you want to be in contest shape, other than a week or 2 for the contest. Way to much emphasis is placed on being lean. To me, size is king and will always be king. Anyone can lose some weight, but getting huge is another matter. most guys, no matter how much they eat, how heavy they lift, will never be a big dude.

I think most guys "hit a wall", when they aren't taking in enough high quality kcals. Make sure your diet is on point.

My two favorite splits

As for the most progress in a short amount of time, I would say this split:

High volume

Sunday - Chest Biceps
Monday - Legs
Tuesday - OFF -Morning Fasted cardio 30 min
Wednesday - Shoulders Triceps
Thursday - OFF -Morning Fasted cardio 30 min
Friday - Back
Saturday - OFF -Morning Fasted cardio 30 min

If I feel like bringing frequency up and volume down:

Monday - Upper
Wednesday - Lower
Friday - Upper
Monday - Lower
Wednesday - Upper
Friday - Lower

Why on earth would you want to be in contest shape, other than a week or 2 for the contest. Way to much emphasis is placed on being lean. To me, size is king and will always be king. Anyone can lose some weight, but getting huge is another matter. most guys, no matter how much they eat, how heavy they lift, will never be a big dude.

Whatever body part is struggling hit it with 10 X 10 with little rest in between sets (20-30 secs), train it first and cut your current work in half for all other muscle groups. Your trying to grow one area and just keep the others from shrinking. Sometimes when you get a few years into training specializing doesn't hurt.

Also, If you've never done it before try uping the egg, organ meat and red meat content of your diet as the fat contained in these sources are you natural hormone precursors. Your body can thrive on huge amounts of protein for short periods of time. If you wanted to know my arms are just a bit over 17" cold and relaxed with few millimeters of fat surrounding them when flexed at 6'2" 223 lbs the last time I checked my weight after my bulk.

what does 80% natural look like?

Well some guys that are naturally big and especially if they're fat as well, can have 18" arms before ever touching a weight. Lol your pretty sensitive arent ya? But no if you put on 4" to your arms your the type of person id like to hear from!

Yea I love the first split you posted. I was doing nearly exactly that split last year. It worked amazing. Although currently im doing, just 1 shoulder exercise (military press) followed by arms right after. In the attempt to get my arms bigger by hitting triceps when they're fresh. Having pumped bis helps a bit on CGBP too

Honestly this is my 3rd bulk now and im starting to notice besides requiring near perfect nutrition and sleep to progress. That I also seem to need to really fatten up to progress. First bulk was from 160-200, then next bulk was from 182-230. This year I opted for a more clean bulk so I wouldnt get so bloated and feel crappy all the time and wouldnt need to cut 40lbs.

Although it seems that to really get stronger I need to surpass my old max bulk weight each time. Im 5'10 223lbs right now and my lifts have gone up between 10-20lbs in 4 months of bulking. Normally Id have been up atleast 50lbs on most major compounds by now. Although having more of a social life now deliberately trying to bulk up fast doesnt seem like a fun idea

im natty but my guns dont make the cut

big bench tho

boom

Im only 98% natural because i used creatine once

natural yes
18ish maybe
strong bench,maybe
back ok,
too much fat btw (and it will increase in these days; lasagne,grass feeded water-buffalo,etc etc LOL)

LOOOOOOOLLL

RV is right about contest condition.....there is a big difference between stage ready & beach ready. 8-10% is one thing, 4-6% another altogether! The effort required is not linear, it compounds.

Big & reasonably lean should be the goal, the problem is too many lifters are willing to skip over the 'big' part and settle for just 'lean'.

I've never met a split I didn't like......
Currently
Mon. Chest-Tricep
Tue. Back
Wed. Lower Body
Thu. Delt-Push Up
Fri. Back-Bicep-Forearm
Sat. Idle Rest
Sun. Active Rest-Calve

18" arms at 10% bf is pretty F'n huge IMO for a guy who is not using anything but natural means.

Well Done!

for most natural guys besides some (KingBeef etc)its the result after being more then 10% for quite some time