Big Muscles Lagging

Hi everybody,

I’m having a problem with my big muscles (back, legs and mainly chest) and it’s that no matter how hard I train them they always seem to be lagging in comparison with my arms (biceps, triceps and shoulders). I usually train 3 times a week, 1 big and 1 small muscle a day, but I was thinking about dropping isolated exercises and focusing on compound ones, What should I do to fix this in your opinion?

Also, the left side of my chest has developed a little more than my right side, not too much but I can feel the difference, How can I train to fix this too?

Some info about me: 21 y/o, 6’0, 140pounds, ectomorph, around 12% BF, been training for 2 year although I took a break for 3 months last december because of an elbow injury.

Thanks all in advance.

[quote]vengiss wrote:
6’0, 140pounds,[/quote]

It seems as though your entire body is lagging.

You better be eating large pepperoni pizzas round the clock. And you don’t need small muscle days. Just Squat, Deadlift, Bench.

Focus on the big three: bench, row/deads, squats. Heavy ass compounds

squats and milk

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
squats and milk

[/quote]

+1

that sucks :wink:

Training hard is one part of putting on muscle, but it really boils down to is diet. If you’re not gaining weight and eating enough, you’re not gunna look any different no matter how hard you train. And by weight I mean muscle. Eat damn you! Eat!

Like someone said, eat alot, and try to bring your lifting numbers up for deads, squats, and bench.

Gain about 60 lbs,then start worrying about what is “less developed”.
Now, go eat a sandwich.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Focus on the big three: bench, row/deads, squats. Heavy ass compounds [/quote]

Squats - Pulls - Presses - & Rows.
At 6’ & 140 if you can’t classify what you’re doing under one of those heading…replace the exercise with one you can. You will need to eat as well, and eat some more!!

Where did you get your current programme from? It sucks, but luckly there are plenty of great ones on here available at nil cost.

Okay, I guess I’ll be the one to call TROLL.

Troll.

My lord, I’m 6’1 and 210…I couldn’t even Imagine being 70lbs less then I am now.

Dude, eat…please for gods sake eat.

eat tons and do starting strength. google it or look up Oteps’ thread in the BEGINNER section.

Op 6ft 140lbs trains two yrs with isolation moves complains of underdevelopment has 4 posts.

Uhmmm Troll?..

Troll? No. I don’t know why its such sin being skinny for some of you guys. Plus, I combined isolated and compounds exercises over these 2 years not only isolated.

I just asked since my arms muscles tend to grow quicker than the rest of my body and I didn’t wanted to wait till I weighted 200lbrs and have a chest like a 140lbrs guys. I actually weighted like 20lbrs less when I started, I guess I should focus on my diet better since I tend to not keep track of what I eat well, and focus on compounds.

Thanks all.

1. Learn to focus on the muscle you are trying to work.

2. Make progress (weight and or reps) on the lifts that you are lacking development on.

3. Eat more food.

4. Evaluate your intensity in the gym.
    Whatever it is double it.

The only things you have to do right now is focus on what gives you the most results.

-Adequate caloric surplus (1000+~ for you).
-Training progression (reps and overload).
-Resting (8-10 hours a day of sleep, not training every muscle daily).

You should not be worrying about proportion at 6ft and 140.

[quote]vengiss wrote:
Troll? No. I don’t know why its such sin being skinny for some of you guys. Plus, I combined isolated and compounds exercises over these 2 years not only isolated.

[/quote]

the issue is not doing compounds and isolations, it is the ratio of the 2.

2 years and your 140 lbs? I was 200-215lbs by 17 - WHAT ARE YOU EATING.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
The only things you have to do right now is focus on what gives you the most results.

-Adequate caloric surplus (1000+~ for you).
-Training progression (reps and overload).
-Resting (8-10 hours a day of sleep, not training every muscle daily).

You should not be worrying about proportion at 6ft and 140.[/quote]

NOTE: He means 1,000+ calories over maintenance!!!
That probably puts you at about 4,500 - 5,000 a day.

[quote]vengiss wrote:

I just asked since my arms muscles tend to grow quicker than the rest of my body and I didn’t wanted to wait till I weighted 200lbrs and have a chest like a 140lbrs guys. I actually weighted like 20lbrs less when I started, I guess I should focus on my diet better since I tend to not keep track of what I eat well, and focus on compounds.

Thanks all.[/quote]

Jesus Christ. Is it even possible for a guy to be 6’ and 120? My girlfriend is 5’7 and weighs more than that.

And can you please explain how you know that your “arms tend to grow quicker” than the rest of your body when the rest of your body has not really even grown at all?

Dude, it is not hard to gain weight. You keep eating until it happens. Then you keep eating that way until it stops, at which point you start eating more.

If you keep doing whatever you are doing, you wont have to worry about your chest being small at 200 lbs. because you will never get there.