Big Milestone

Today I went to the doctors for a physical, and I weighed 201, on April 1 I was 190. 200 has been a short term goal for awhile and I am excited I have finally hit it, still a little light but it’s progress. NEXT GOAL : 210
Anyone else have any weight goals they are getting close to hitting?

I’d like to see 200 coming from the other side…I still feel too damn big at 250.
Now if I can weigh 200 and bench 300…that’d be a good change.

Only weigh yourself by what the mirror says (Unless you get a physical)

At 5’4" my weight goals are a little lower than yours but I have put on 23lbs since the 19th of January, hitting my first target of 160. Next goal is 175 by the end of the year and if I can keep my body fat where it is now (about 15%) I’m going to look like I’ve really been working out. Mid term goal is 200 by the end of 2013 at 15% BF.

Long way off my weight goal! 200+lbs by end of 2013. That would be about a 1-2 lbs a month gain (i’m 175lbs @ 5’7") Will see how fat i am at that point before i decide what to do next! Wouldn’t mind looking like and early pwrbarboy at a lean 175-180 one day!

I’m 5’10" at 155 now trying to get to 180-190, been gaining 3 -5 pounds per month, I’ve been a bit stalled this month as I simply can’t cram enough food down my throat to get the weight up, just started adding peanut butter to my shakes.

[quote]dreadlocks1221 wrote:
I’m 5’10" at 155 now trying to get to 180-190, been gaining 3 -5 pounds per month, I’ve been a bit stalled this month as I simply can’t cram enough food down my throat to get the weight up, just started adding peanut butter to my shakes.[/quote]

I know what you mean, especially after basically eating what my 100 pound wife ate. At first I couldn’t handle eating so much because my work load wasn’t enough, but after a while I physically got used to stuffing my face, and sometimes I’ll actually feel something like hunger.

As a former (hell, current) fat-ass, I am torn between hate and envy of ya’ll. Yes, maybe in 2-3 years of training I’ll have an advantage, but right now I’m just jealous.

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
As a former (hell, current) fat-ass, I am torn between hate and envy of ya’ll. Yes, maybe in 2-3 years of training I’ll have an advantage, but right now I’m just jealous. [/quote]

Don’t be.

We both have a long way to go.
We both have to change our lifestyles to reach our goals.
We both are going to need a new wardrobe.

We’re both in the same boat, we’re just coming from different ends to meet in the middle. Good luck.

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Today I went to the doctors for a physical, and I weighed 201, on April 1 I was 190. 200 has been a short term goal for awhile and I am excited I have finally hit it, still a little light but it’s progress. NEXT GOAL : 210[/quote]
Cool. Nice work so far, keep it going.

Just remember that your strength in the gym should be moving up right along with your weight.

I could be having a slow-brain day, but I don’t understand this comment.

If you’re saying the number on the scale doesn’t matter, and that the bigger indicator of progress is what you see in the mirror, I agree. Though, that kinda takes the wind out of the sails for the whole reason for this thread. :wink:

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]dreadlocks1221 wrote:
I’m 5’10" at 155 now trying to get to 180-190, been gaining 3 -5 pounds per month, I’ve been a bit stalled this month as I simply can’t cram enough food down my throat to get the weight up, just started adding peanut butter to my shakes.[/quote]

I know what you mean, especially after basically eating what my 100 pound wife ate. At first I couldn’t handle eating so much because my work load wasn’t enough, but after a while I physically got used to stuffing my face, and sometimes I’ll actually feel something like hunger.[/quote]

Ya I used to barely get in 1000 cals a day, now I stuff my face until I feel like vomiting and then slam a shake ontop. Still barely making it to 3500 cals on a good day though (clean diet)

Yeah, I’m hoping to hit 145 by July 1, and I weighed 144 this morning. Almost there.

This is coming from 129 in February when I was sick.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Today I went to the doctors for a physical, and I weighed 201, on April 1 I was 190. 200 has been a short term goal for awhile and I am excited I have finally hit it, still a little light but it’s progress. NEXT GOAL : 210[/quote]
Cool. Nice work so far, keep it going.

Just remember that your strength in the gym should be moving up right along with your weight.

I could be having a slow-brain day, but I don’t understand this comment.

If you’re saying the number on the scale doesn’t matter, and that the bigger indicator of progress is what you see in the mirror, I agree. Though, that kinda takes the wind out of the sails for the whole reason for this thread. ;)[/quote]
True, but for me if the mirrors telling me bad things and the scales not going up somethings gotta change

I also want to point out my total weight goal is dictated partly by GI issues. The valves that keep the stomach acid from coming up are a bit messed in me, and having excess weight can exacerbate that. That’s how I wound up on the whole losing weight thing; the valves were basically stuck partly out of whack, and my reflux was bad enough that I was puking blood several times a week; my esophagus was pretty jacked up from the abuse, and I’ve got dental problems from all the puking. Thankfully it’s reparable (my esophagus is scarring up and will be…not pretty but functional according to the doctor). Losing the 70 lbs so far has really helped; I think it’s been 2-3 months since I puked blood!

Sadly, as far as my gi tract is concerned weight is weight, and I really, really, don’t want to go back to puking all the time.

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Today I went to the doctors for a physical, and I weighed 201, on April 1 I was 190. 200 has been a short term goal for awhile and I am excited I have finally hit it, still a little light but it’s progress. NEXT GOAL : 210
Anyone else have any weight goals they are getting close to hitting?[/quote]

Congrats OP. I am currently 5’6 and 142 (up from 125ish two months ago) and I’d like to hit 150 lb in the next couple of months. I feel like this would officially move me out of the skinny little bugger category. I know its not much, but its a step in the right direction.