Big Mike on American Idol

I used to watch American Idol on and off in the past. Haven’t really watched it this season (except for a few clips on YouTube) until I caught wind of Michael Lynche. Big dude from Florida; he played football at UCF (Central Florida) and is now a personal trainer. Audition clip shows him repping 405 on bench. He claims to do a lot of bodyweight exercises and circuits, but who knows the validity of those claims.

** means better performances (IMO)

Audition:

This Love by Maroon 5 (start at 0:56):

**It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World by James Brown:

**This Woman’s Work by Kate Lynch:

Miss You (start at 1:30):

**When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge (start at 1:20):

**Ready for Love by Indie Arie (start at 1:31):

Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles (start at 1:50):

**In the Ghetto by Elvis Presley:

Gotta respect a guy who works hard in the gym (or did at some point to get to the size he’s currently at) but also has an artistic side to him.

/ghey

I have a whole cd of music and songs written back in college. I agree, it is nice, but what is sad is that people think this is so uncommon. It sucks that people are shocked to find out bigger guys do more than just lift weights all day.

I think anyone who aspires towards the physical culture is at least a little bit artistic. The compact gymnast or a hulking powerlifter is the stuff of dozens of sculptures and countless other ancient pottery and images.

Yeah, I’ve been watching Mike this season. Great set of pipes to match the guns.

Hey Doc, any chance we ever get to hear one of your songs?

and in the future, civilization will look back on the mystical “Iron Dwarf” who is the sole surviving artist of the twenty-first century. Note the emphasis on fitness and muscular size, obviously this was a well trained culture which valued fitness.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
and in the future, civilization will look back on the mystical “Iron Dwarf” who is the sole surviving artist of the twenty-first century. Note the emphasis on fitness and muscular size, obviously this was a well trained culture which valued fitness.[/quote]

LOL!.. I mean, THANKS!

Personally, I think he sucks. I used to watch with my then girlfirend, but haven’t seen the last probably month+ so don’t know if he’s still on.

Maybe he’ll win and in turn get movie roles that T-Nation always complains go to guys who are too small.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Personally, I think he sucks. I used to watch with my then girlfirend, but haven’t seen the last probably month+ so don’t know if he’s still on. [/quote]
He’s still on. He was voted off last week but the judges decided to save them (didn’t even know there was a “save” feature on AI).

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
Maybe he’ll win and in turn get movie roles that T-Nation always complains go to guys who are too small.[/quote]
Unfortunately, I’ve read too many comments on YouTube, CNN, and AI’s website about how Big Mike is “too fat” (“he’s just like Ruben Studdard”) and shouldn’t even be a personal trainer because of how “fat” he is.

It’s all about looking like Edward and Jacob from Twilight nowadays…

[quote]jo3 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Personally, I think he sucks. I used to watch with my then girlfirend, but haven’t seen the last probably month+ so don’t know if he’s still on. [/quote]
He’s still on. He was voted off last week but the judges decided to save them (didn’t even know there was a “save” feature on AI).

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
Maybe he’ll win and in turn get movie roles that T-Nation always complains go to guys who are too small.[/quote]
Unfortunately, I’ve read too many comments on YouTube, CNN, and AI’s website about how Big Mike is “too fat” (“he’s just like Ruben Studdard”) and shouldn’t even be a personal trainer because of how “fat” he is.

It’s all about looking like Edward and Jacob from Twilight nowadays…[/quote]

He’s definitely got tons of muscle, but he’s pretty damn soft, too. I’d lean up if I were him.

[quote]jo3 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

Youtube is the top source for dumbass-ness.

He’s muscular. He is also carrying a good deal of body fat. However, most people won’t ever get as big as he is without ever being a little “smoother” than they would like.
Yes, he could lean up IF HE WANTS TO, but anyone acting like he’s just fat is a retard.

I would listen to what he has to say as far as building muscle mass over most of the guys I used to see who could barely break 150lbs yet considered themselves “trainers”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

He’s muscular. He is also carrying a good deal of body fat. However, most people won’t ever get as big as he is without ever being a little “smoother” than they would like.
Yes, he could lean up IF HE WANTS TO, but anyone acting like he’s just fat is a retard.
[/quote]

Hell, I’d trade my current body and most of my possessions to be built like Mike.

[quote]jo3 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

I would listen to what he has to say as far as building muscle mass over most of the guys I used to see who could barely break 150lbs yet considered themselves “trainers”.[/quote]

I would listen to the guy who’s somewhere in the middle, the one who’s muscular and fairly lean, not at the direct ends of the spectrum.

I have a whole cd of music and songs written back in college. I agree, it is nice, but what is sad is that people think this is so uncommon. It sucks that people are shocked to find out bigger guys do more than just lift weights all day.[/quote]

“You’re a lawyer? And a weight lifter? That’s so weird!”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Hell, I’d trade my current body and most of my possessions to be built like Mike.
[/quote]

Really? Your wife, kids, house, cars… I figured you would be big/strong enough at this point and have enough hard work put in to never say something like this.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? Your wife, kids, house, cars… I figured you would be big/strong enough at this point and have enough hard work put in to never say something like this.[/quote]

FYI, I don’t think wives are possessions anymore.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? Your wife, kids, house, cars… I figured you would be big/strong enough at this point and have enough hard work put in to never say something like this.[/quote]

FYI, I don’t think wives are possessions anymore.[/quote]

Oh, sorry. I do realize that the men are now the possession…my bad. One possesses a Marriage …does he/she not?

You know what I mean PMPM.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

FYI, I don’t think wives are possessions anymore.[/quote]

Cuz nobody wants one, like 8 tracks. you remember those, right ma’am?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Oh, sorry. I do realize that the men are now the possession…my bad. One possesses a Marriage …does he/she not?

You know what I mean PMPM.[/quote]

Naw, you know damn well the marriage possesses YOU.

Of course I know what you mean. :wink:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]jo3 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

I would listen to what he has to say as far as building muscle mass over most of the guys I used to see who could barely break 150lbs yet considered themselves “trainers”.[/quote]

I would listen to the guy who’s somewhere in the middle, the one who’s muscular and fairly lean, not at the direct ends of the spectrum.[/quote]

Dude, please. I mean in the context of even entertaining what they have to say. I did not mean that in terms of who I would go to for personal training.

I can look at “Mike” and come to the conclusion that he has been under some seriously heavy weight to look like that. the same can not be said about most of these personal trainers…so with that in mind, yes, I and I assume most serious lifters would feel they had more in common with someone like him than some skinny dude who looks like some jackoff from Twilight.

I can discuss weight lifting with someone on his level and feel he knows what I am talking about. Most of the people on this site don’t even fall in that category.