T Nation

Big Leg Advice

hey, I’m a guy 6’4 and 220 with a solid amount of mass and I’m looking to shrink my legs so I’m able to at least wear some of my jeans and pants without them being too tight and looking kind of gay, also hard to find pants that fit nowadays with the whole slim look. just looking for if there is anything to do besides losing body fat which I have a bit of but have been working on with cardio. I don’t want to lose my leg strength which I enjoy having and worked on for so long, just anything that can help with the progress. thanks

You seem to have an answer, “besides losing body fat which I have a bit of” but a partial and incomplete answer, “have been working on with cardio”
Cardio? what does that mean to you? What are you doing in addition to “cardio”

Set your priorities and attack them. There may be an article or two here inre to fat loss, I seem to recall…

[quote]gibson18 wrote:
hey, I’m a guy 6’4 and 220 with a solid amount of mass and I’m looking to shrink my legs so I’m able to at least wear some of my jeans and pants without them being too tight and looking kind of gay, also hard to find pants that fit nowadays with the whole slim look. just looking for if there is anything to do besides losing body fat which I have a bit of but have been working on with cardio. I don’t want to lose my leg strength which I enjoy having and worked on for so long, just anything that can help with the progress. thanks[/quote]

I have a problem finding clothes to fit even at a low body fat pecentage. I get most of my clothes too big for me (when I can find them) and then get them taylored for my size…

Ultimately your going to find clothes difficult, but shrinking your leg mass?! … sorry I dont speak that language!

I hurt my lower back squatting heavy several years ago, I had to lay off squating and even leg pressing for a long time.

My legs shrank up, a lot, but I’m assuming because I still did some deads and bent over rows (had to support myself with ‘some’ leg strength),I still have some nice deep cuts, and compared to most guys in the gym who dont even train legs, while I think my legs are too small now, they all think they’re “huge” -lol

S

Big and Tall stores
Pleated Pants.

800Meter sprint repeats.

Basically, you’re asking how to lose muscle in your legs? Pretty simple and easy answer - stop lifting with them…

I have the same issue. I have managed to grow my legs out of my pants. I wanted to shirnk them, I had no choice, I had to stop working the quads. I really didn’t want to as I was starting to get some decent numbers (for me) in my squats, but my legs just explode when I work them. I laid off for about a month and they shrank a little, I am now starting with some Vastus Medialus work and going to try to reconstruct my legs from thier weak points out.

You can either keep putting up numbers and not worry about leg size or vice versa. It’s either form over function or function ofver form.
Since quads are typically slow twitch rich, you may be able to lay off a while and then keep come back to them, but keep your over all volume low, but your intensity at it’s max.

You may be able to push big numbers and keep quad size in check. Just keep you sets and reps low and your weight high. Unless your me where checking the air in your tires makes your legs grow.

[quote]Boris B wrote:
Basically, you’re asking how to lose muscle in your legs? Pretty simple and easy answer - stop lifting with them…[/quote]

What would you do with all the extra time?

Plenty of good advice in this classic thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1457263

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
Plenty of good advice in this classic thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1457263[/quote]

Holy crap!

How did I miss that?

Wait, wait, wait. 6’4", 220 lbs and legs too big? That doesn’t make much sense.

My legs weren’t ‘big’ until I reached 240.

I remember that old thread

I will quote myself, post pics:

"I would sesriously like to see a pic of these “massive tree trunk” legs of yours.

Obviously, I don’t know you or how you train but most, I’m not saying you, but most are deluded about how “huge” they are when it is merely fat. "