Big Jez' Training Log

What!? Did you scale the weights? I tried this once and made it to 10, 9, 8, 7 and called it. I was over 25 minutes in and smoked. I was doing rest/pause on my bench sets because I’m not strong enough to do those reps with bodyweight. It sucked.

1 Like

Thanks mate I appreciate the kind words, ive been incorporating heavy farmers carries, front squats, squat cleans and front rack stair climbing, and it seems to be doing the trick, plenty of volume so hopefully they continue to grow!

Deadlifts were around 35/40% of my RM, bench would be 50%, and cleans were at 60%
The coach was doing 50/60/70% so Ill have to start aiming up to higher percentages but ive always been mindful that my lower back doesnt like high volume at higher weights as it just increases the risk of form breakdown so I think itll only ever be adding small increments to that

1 Like

I tried the original Linda.

Deadlift 1.5 x bodyweight
Bench 1.0 x bodyweight
Hang Clean 0.75 x bodyweight

Brutal.

I like your version better!

1 Like

Always happy to look at you in your jocks

1 Like

This was a bit weird !!

Then this just took it to a whole other level. Lmao good work boys.

5 Likes

Dont lie I seen you get in on that action this morning :joy:

1 Like

You boys got me all curious so had to have a look or myself. Following along for the ride. Keep up the good work Jez.

1 Like

Failed a bench today, was on 6th rep of 110kg.
I usually just use the standard bench with a platform today (no spotter) but today I decided to use the rogue rack with safety bars
Thank fuck I did because otherwise I would of gotten pinned
2nd lift fail this week after not being able to get 240kg off the ground on monday
Its fucking with my head, I rarely put myself onto weights where failure is a possibility and both those weights ive hit before

Mate failing is all part of the journey, if you don’t push yourself hard enough to fail occasionally then you won’t progress. Don’t beat yourself up too much, just keep on grinding.

Thanks mate
Yeah its gotten to me a bit but as you said, if im not pushing the proverbial envelope then Im not progressing
Just the whole part of being able to hit these weights and reps before is the more frustrating part

1 Like

There are more ways to push the envelope than adding load. Just accumulate fatigue, recover and you’ll get stronger.

In my splits between actually following a strength program compared to a BB hypertrophy phase absolutely
Im back onto a 531 template now ive decided though,
However Im taking that advice because to fail 2 main lifts in the space of a week would make me lean more towards my CNS being shot

1 Like

Is it still #roadtoshw? :wink:

Finished up on chest today

Warm up 2km max incline treadmill
Agile 8 (havent done any foam rolling in a bit, so took a little longer to get some kinks ((hehe)) out)

Decline bench
70x5
80x5

5 sets at 90kg
9reps/8reps/8reps/6reps/5reps

Superset 20 dips bw/20 pushups bw x3

2 sets 20 pullups
3 sets 85kg lat pull down
3 sets 20 reps 90kg shrugs

Warm down 10 mins 8% incline 6km/ph treadmill walk finished off

Dinner
250g mince
2 wraps
350g vege/salad

Yeah eventually haha, im being smart about my weight gain
Eatting just above maintenance whilst still doing my programs alongside with my crossfit

1 Like

Check in
Height : 215cm (7ft/1ish)??
Weight 132kg (290 pounds)
Physically pretty lean to what ive been at this weight before

Been following the same as stated before
Mixing 531 in the compounds, mixed in with volume that consists of 25reps per set(15 controlled squeeze, 10 reps of fast “get it done” reps, 4 sets
Concentrating on building my back, shoulders, arms and quads up

Finished a crossfit wod tonight
4 rounds EMOM
max effort:
Thruster (60kg)
Hand release p/u
Bicep curl (40kg)

Rest

800m run
45 t2b
100 single leg skip
45 kb swing 34kg
100 single leg skip
45 sit up
800m run

Currently: dead

2 Likes

What were the reps? Or was it AMRAP in a minute and then move to the next?

They should stop asking tall people to do these. It’s just mean. How’s your form? Mine sucks. I do them on a bar low enough to let my feet touch the ground so I don’t have to fight my body swinging so much. I’m not good enough (or strong enough?) to do them as prescribed and I refuse to let myself flop around violently just for the sake of finishing faster.

Yeah amrap it stayed around the 25/25/30 until the last round then I just faded hard

Surprisingly not bad
I learnt on rings so Ive always had good swing
Its all in the little reverse swing when you come back down that really helps how quickly you get back up
I go straight for the highest bar so my feet dont touch, its all mental
If you know you can touch the ground, you will
I can usually get out another 10 before I rest because of that

Perhaps my version of them is different. I never bothered to watch a video. I feel like I’m out of control if I can’t stabilize my body while hanging. I guess you could say I’m trying to dry them strictly.

1 Like