Big Jez' Training Log

Being around strong motherfuckers gets you stronger plain and simple. Gym i train at is home to Australias 4th strongest man heavyweights and now 10th in the world in u105kg as of recent WSM games. Dude loads a 200kg atlas stone for reps… it shows you what the human body is capable of. The human body can achieve alot more than you think

3 Likes

Yeah I 100% agree, my gym actually has Australias strongest man, and strongest PL in the 308 catagory

Just seeing those guys chuck around my 1rms in there warm ups is just absurd but its beyond motivating

1 Like

Your gym is superior sir. Next three years my gym will have australias strongest man you watch :wink: dudes just getting started

Indeed. Shits crazy

1 Like

haha they’ll at least be using your weights :slight_smile:
Maybe except just the bar and then they’ll go right past my lifts :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s your target calorie intake?

I have not read much about deep water but interested in how a days eating would look in the absence of high carbs. Seems like a really tough programme and you mention low carbs, that’s got to suck.

I hit 1000 lbs in high school on bench, hang clean, and trap bar deadlifts.

I can’t imagine being near 1000 kilos.

2 Likes

Maintenance is just under 5000 cals, which ive slowly been increasing

Its a great selection to choose from, but I didnt commit too it before.
Its an interesting read, its more of a lifestyle then a diet, so to speak.

I would highly recommend it to anyone

3 Likes

I’m planning on doing Deep Water this spring or summer, and I’m really excited for it. I know the diet is gonna be hard though…no carbs will be tough for me. Like really tough haha.

1 Like

It will 100% be the hardest thing to adjust too, however if it means sticking wholey to the goal, then it needs to be done I suppose. Its not a whole bunch of calorie restriction, plus there is a lot of protein and fat choices to choose from

1 Like

@anon96032531 @T3hPwnisher 2nd day and i realise no matter how much fats/protein i eat I’m still hungry… carbs are what fill me up. Is this the norm?

1 Like

I’m the opposite, protein and fat makes me feel full.
Give it time for your body and gut to adjust.

1 Like

My appetite is insane, can sit and eat a 2kg lasagne for dinner and be hungry 40 minutes later lol. I’m just going to have to get used to it!

1 Like

Have you got the program?

This is an example for a 200pounder

Thats a fair amount of food to consistently eat

1 Like

I’m not doing the program, Just followinh the diet guidelines/food list so to speak. Im just eating foods off the foods list and having super high protein, high fats and very low carb.

Heres todays food intake (not all eaten) starting off with this basically and see where i go.

Brekkie
Greek yoghurt
Nuts
Etc or protein

300ml of heavy cream (i think this is too much lol…)
2scoops of protein (30grams per scoop)
Creatine

Lunch
500grams turkey mince
500grams veggies

Just had this, Still super hungry after

Snacks:Tuna, Nuts, Protein etc

Dinner
500 grams turkey mince
500 grams veggies

Later on
Another heavy cream and protein shake.

Workout days I’m going to have banana and dextrose powder for energy during my workout but thats it for carbs.

Works out to be around 3kg of food for the day + some

1 Like

That’s alot of cream in one session.

Indeed. It doesnt look like much but 300grams is like 90grams of fat apparently. Jon anderson says 1g per lb of bodyweight fats and 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight to be aggressive 400 grams of protein, 200grams of fat for me). I think I’ll reduce the cream to 150ml and have 300ml a day total because i don’t want to exceed 150-170 grams of fat per day really at this stage since I’m not used to it. I can handle really high protein but I’ve never had higher fats so have to ease into it

1 Like

No diet is easy, or everyone would be walking around ripped. I’m always hungry lol My last cut I tried to keep my calories high, I love eating food, I just upped my cardio output every stall. The low carb is murder for me, I tried that once before and hated it… always flat, strength and energy down, feeling starving. I remember watching a video of dorian yates saying he tried the low carb approach once and said fuck that lol its not for everyone.

1 Like

I have only been full 3 times in my life. I honestly couldn’t tell you what normal is like. Veggies go a long way.

Are you following the program as well? If so, there is no real restriction on intake.

Edit: saw you answered this elsewhere.

2 Likes

I don’t think i could survive without doing strongman movements in my training. I love them to much! If i was to do the program, Is there any way i could still do Stuff like atlas stone, Log press, Farmers etc?

I do the stones as conditioning work. You could do the same for the farmers. Could use the log for your pressing movements. I just did log cleans in place of full cleans on the advanced program, and plan to do viper press in place of thrusters.

1 Like