Big Jez' Training Log

Nothing like this anymore

1 Like

Wholey damn that makes me feel ill

Reminds me of a similar thing on a tv show we have in Australia
A few ex rugby league players decided to have an arm wrestling comp on tv
Really one of those things that no matter how many times you watch it, It’s the same mutual feeling that you feel

After starring in my own ACL snap video, I am pretty immune to it, haha.

1 Like

Is it linked on here?! I’m both scared yet curious at the same time :joy:

I have a similar from my achillies pop but it’s been 9 years since it happened and I haven’t watched it since

nope

My phone went in dry,
Video loaded straight to 0:26
I didn’t even have time to brace for it

How long was your down time?

Edit- I should assume that is why your log is titled namesake?

There’s no vide of my hamstring tearing, but I promise you I have visualized and felt that pain hundreds of times since it happened… 11 years ago.

1 Like

Yeah, I tend to jump to the chase on the video, haha.

I did box squats 6 days later, and trained 2 days post surgery, but I wasn’t cleared to train the injured leg until 5 months and 22 days post surgery. Definitely the reason for the log. I started it 2 weeks post surgery, when I was cleared to train everything BUT the injured knee.

3 Likes

That was some serious shit videos both armwrestling things and especially Pwns. Damn man that looked awful.
The worst part was your wife cheering you on and is that a daughter? who could see something was wrong saying “he can’t, he can’t” almost broke my heart.
Glad you’re back man, love your insane Log.

Thanks man. My kid was there, but was too young to say all that; only had a handful of words. Not sure who that was, haha.

3 Likes

I watched the first arm wrestling video and that’s it. I can’t watch the others. I’ve been injured too much. I just get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I watch people get hurt.

It’s actually quite similar to the feeling I had (along with the pain) when I subluxed my patella. The only thing distracting me from the pain was my desire to not puke on the basketball court during the game.

It’s funny; I didn’t feel any pain with the ACL. I yelled out because I was pissed. I KNEW I had just jacked myself up and would be out of the game for a while. But when I dislocated my shoulder at 16, THAT was some of the worst pain I had ever felt, right up until I tore my cornea.

2 Likes

As someone who has dislocated his shoulder a few times you’ve oddly made me feel a lot better about the possibility of ever rupturing my ACL.

2 Likes

I refuse to arm wrestle anyone. Anytime someone brings it up and I say fuck no I don’t wanna get hurt, they think I’m kidding. But yea, it’s not happening.

6 Likes

I really hope for the sake of everyone’s well-being you do not have a video of that happening😂

@anon96032531 I knew you were big but I didn’t realize you were 7’1" dude! That’s really tall. Has anyone ever told you that’s really tall?

1 Like

I’m 6’ 4" and people constantly tell me I’m tall. I bet they just gasp when they see @anon96032531.

If Aussies are like Americans then they immediately ask him if he plays basketball.

1 Like

Bingo

I relish days of no human interaction because it generally means I won’t get asked if I either:

Play basketball
Have a flat top of head (hitting head on doorframes)
And the statement usually follows “geez I feel sorry for your partner”

4 Likes

Ask them if they play miniature golf.

Thor’s wife seems happy :wink:

1 Like

You should definitely go to Halloween as America’s most beloved film character from down under.

Lord Humungus.

3 Likes