Big Jez' Training Log

https://www.facebook.com/GymFailNation/videos/2307135912905965/

I see all these people have success cutting fat by manipulating carbs but I don’t know if I can do it. 200g a day seems restrictive to me. For the past month my eating habits have been this…

Hamburger patty in the fridge… put it on a bun.
Chicken breast in the fridge… put it on a bun.
Deli meat in the fridge… put it in a tortilla and make a wrap.

And those go with potatoes or pasta.

I’ve read multiple times that restricting carbs or any macro doesn’t really affect weight loss. The science keeps finding that it’s overall calories burned vs consumed. But time and time again I see people on here who cut carbs and have success. I just don’t know about that…

Good luck, buddy.

2 Likes

Different strokes, lol. I would fucking choke to death on 3000. On a good day I might get 2000, tops.

Of course, both you cats are much younger and bigger than I.

However, my 15 year old daughter runs on about 2700 per day.

Young fucks.

2 Likes

I’d trade you stomachs in a heart beat. It’s not fun force feeding yourself but it’s not fun being a big guy and trying to cut when your stomach wants to eat whole pizzas in one sitting.

I’ve been having a double protein shake for breakfast to get protein while keeping calories down. On Thursday I ate 10 ounces of chicken thighs and 300g of pasta with marinara sauce at 9:20am. I was dying. That was supposed to be my lunch.

1 Like

Yeah, so I do 16/8, eat between 10 AM and 6 PM. I have whey at ten, an avocado about eleven, some peanuts at twelve, a protein bar at two, then eat a Smart One about five.

That’s about it. And that’s why I only weigh 175.

You’d starve on my diet.

3 Likes

Absolutely would starve on that
I tried intermittent fasting for a week, maybe a year ago
It was a lot of food to get down in such a small time frame ( even in a “cut” )

However the key component in a “recomp” as such will be keeping everything calorie wise, as high as possible but low enough to still lose fat
Protein will stay at 280g
Carbs have dropped a truckload
And fats stay relatively low

Time to invest in a small fork and small plates to make it seem like a bigger meal then they actually are

5 Likes

I despise tiny spoons and shit. When i eat its like i cant put enough food in my belly :joy:

1 Like

This :arrow_up:

If cutting carbs helps, it’s because you haven’t increased protein and fat as much.

1 Like

I just can’t get over the portions. If I eat 100 grams of carbs then it’s 400 calories. 100 grams of fat is 900 calories. I’d prefer to eat 200 grams of carbs for 800 calories.

Update:

In famine

2 Likes

Fixed it for you !!

2 Likes

Phenomenal

Big Jez The Phenom

1 Like

Quick update

Going through some dramas re social media and the whole mental perception of things, breakdown of friendships etc so have been a little quite on the forum but will pick it all back up
Mentally draining few weeks but stepping back on the bandwagon
It’s my birthday on Tuesday so I have that going for me, and just pulling my proverbial finger out and knuckling down
I’m slowly dropping the weight back down as that weight was just too brutal on my body for the time being, I hopefully don’t plan on going above 135 until I focus on strongman full time which will be >1 3< years (when I’m not so young and superficial)

Diet has been so and so
Gym has been very much non existent
Maybe like 3 times the last week and a bit which I’m sure is fucking me up
Back Into it tonight which I can’t wait

I’m going to start a thread soon about the perceived perception on the fitness industry and social media

@Chris_Colucci should that go into off topic or BSL?

2 Likes

You allgood man?

1 Like

Not really clear what it’s discussing, so Off-Topic is a safe bet. That forum’s not just for random nonsense/jokes/screwing around. You can still get a solid discussion going about plenty of topics.

1 Like

Yeah man I’m fine, just shitty situations and lack of communication causes the worst in people to come out

1 Like

Social media is a awful thing, it must be terrible being a teenager and being caught up in all the fake happiness, fake friendship and deceit and wondering why your life is lacking.

2 Likes

I feel like for myself that the problem isn’t me, I openly use social media but those who I trust have my phone number, and I talk regularly to those people

The problem has been an underlying problem I’ve had with a good friend who I called out of the bullshit they have been putting up online but ignoring his friends in real life
I hate the whole concept that people get caught up with this online bullshit and that a virtual “like” or follows give more satisfaction to someone then friends who have been by their side from childhood
I’ll start that thread after I’ve finished constructing it in a correctly worded thread

2 Likes

Sunday PM
Shoulders and quads

Still in volume phase (have hit about 3 sessions not including this one, just haven’t logged them)

Warm up
Seated lateral raise 6kg
4x20 reps

Ripped in to it, feeling good

Standing strict press
4x20 80kg

Face pulls
4x20 28kg

Seated flat cable row
4x20 20kg

Arnold press 26kg db
4x20/20/18/18