Big Jez' Training Log

but really genetics are a motherfucker when it comes to calves

Hows it going @anon96032531

Hey bro still here
Just recovering
Decided for a small clean out but will be back in soon👌

2 Likes

If you in Bali nao pick us up some bunk tainted gear for cheap pls thnx.

1 Like

Merry Christmas big fella :gift::hatched_chick:

1 Like

Alright, I am back after an extended break but thought I would give a run down in short of what has happened since the start of December since the ankle injury

-kept training but just an emphasis on upper work
-split from my partner but still travelled overseas with her and her family (fun that was)
Travelled from the 19th to the 26th

Basically only needed to say both of those as I need those reflections on what has happened in my life and needed that humour

Anyway I kinda fell off the bandwagon with diet but since returning from my holiday have reeled it back in.
Weight when leaving: 117.2kg
Weight when returning: 128.9kg
Weight today: 121.8kg

As you can see when I am left to enjoy what I eat, I can blow it out so that will be addressed.
Have linked up with a coach (IFBB pro who is competing in Columbus next show) who has a program leaning towards building lean mass, with a diet plan down pact so I’ll stick with the guns this year and see where it leads me
I suppose the goal stays the same, it’s still road to SHW but not comprising the overall physique that I’m aiming for.

I think if I can still be up around the 120/125kg mark, noticeably leaner but still improving the totals of weight being moved then I’ll be happy with the outcome.

@Chris_colluci
These are the challenges pictures taken this morning

Back in it for the accountability
Only listing as of yesterday’s workout as pre Bali was pure shit working for a pump

Ankle is okay for weight again
Did legs yesterday and got a bit of weight moving on it again but feeling it again today

Squats
2x5 at 100kg
4x5 at 125kg
2x5 at 150kg
20reps at 110kg

Hack squat
3x15 at 70kg
2x10 at 100kg

2x 30metre single leg lunge with 32kg dumbbell

Was kinda feeling some twitch in the ankle so jumped across to back
Rows, pull downs pull backs a bunch

Today was fasted cardio walk 40 mins
Not going crazy tonight for New Years so tomorrow will be the same plus my own little circuit of body weight and 90kg gas bottle/stone tile plate that I’ll upload what I do and what I use
I don’t have much equipment at home but by utilising what I have around I work up a good little set.

Good to be back and look forward to putting a shit 2017 behind me and making some serious inroads in 2018.

Jez x

2 Likes

Bruh…

2 Likes

Welcome back.

1 Like

Well technicality…
She split with me
But we chill
It’s all good, plus her parents love me like a son so it was pretty fine hahaha

IMG_3669

2 Likes

Welcome back man. Also sorry to hear about your breakup but its good you are well.

Hell yes man 2k18 is your year.

1 Like

Hey Boss, just saw your post on The Flame-Free Confessions thread about being tall af.

Plan on reading your log when i get some time, 6’7 here.
Nice to meet ya.

1 Like

Ahhh gotta check in for once
Been making slow progress just eating a decent amount of good foods
Not going to sugar coat that i took the xmas period a little too far but all is fun

I have had a small amount of lower back pain that stemmed from the flight back from bali to sydney.

It has now turned to a real hinderance that it actually affects my training now.
Belt or no belt, its quite hard to engage my core , today was back and arms for major and accessories, but unfortunately i only managed to get a bunch of rows, pull downs, single arms rows and lat pulls without much discomfort.
I then decided to jump across and start the barbell work hoping that maybe it just needed stimulation before i could start deadlifting.
Wrong.
Managed to grind out 3 sets 12 reps of rack pulls
Didnt even bother with deadlifting.
Im booked in to see a chiro/osteopath next week and hopefully diagnose what my problem is

Current weight: 125.4kg
My little 10wk challenge with one of the supplement stores starts on the 4th of feb which ive entered into the lean gains catagorie
Extra motivation for $1000 cash prize
Will try and keep updated
Jez

3 Likes

I lost track of you for awhile on here. Are you trying to bulk/gain now? I think when I first saw you posting you were trying to cut some fat.

So the long term goal is to build mass to be around the 130kg mark but anyone can get there, my aim is to be around 130 but still relatively lean.
Im basically using this time slot especially for the tnation challenge and the external challenge im doing is to really cut down my body fat percentage before embarking on a lean bulk.
So overall goal is still SHW but going to be smarter about it.
Plus i fathom itll be a lot easier to navigate what i need to do from a leaner body perspective then being too fluffy, you know?

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I need to gain a bit but it’s tough to be patient and do it right. My first goal is 240 lbs. I’ll consider going higher after I get there and have a chance to evaluate my body comp.

Unfortunately I’m losing weight while I recover from hip surgery so my journey is going to take longer than I thought.

Yeah exactly but just having to trust the process is frustrating considering ive never had the experience of know what works to get to a leaner body comp

Are you finding youre losing predominantly muscle or fat at the moment? I suppose it gives you a block of time to work on any lagging upper body areas whilst you recover, when is est time to be able to start back into deads and squats?

I don’t really know what I’m losing. That’s the confusing part. I think the weight loss has been muscle from my left leg. It’s definitely smaller and I would guess it has less muscle glycogen too.

I’m scheduled to see the doctor again on March 13th. Until then I can only do what the physical therapist allows. Sadly, I think I’ll only be doing body weight squats by the time I see the doctor again. Hopefully I get a full release then and will be able to return to running and lifting.

1 Like

Progressing well in this challenge
Sorry all for the lack of check ins, have been heads down ass up with this but making good changes to my body comp

Heres a thought ive really been mulling over
Actually more then mulling
After this next 10 months, 2019 will be starting a new chapter and converting to strongman
A bud of mine in heading over to columbus for the arnolds in a couple of week and ive been pretty religiously following his training for the last couple of years.
I am very foreign on the whole competing side of things however im going to learn the whole shtick

It also leans very well towards my goals, just want to achieve what ive started and will learn more about it over the coming months

Also,
Restricted calories sucks donkey nuts

4 Likes

Fuck yeah. You’re built for strongman!