Big Jez' Training Log

I only deal in insulin

Edit: i’ve got stock in the fridge

2 Likes

Whatever you need moved mane, slin, coke, baby formula I got you.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s workout was conditioning in the class
Fuck load of 60kg hang cleans, 90kg front squats, 60kg push presses, 34kg KB swings, stacked 2 boxes on top of each other for 54" box jumps, 130 burpees in total, AMRAP wall balls
Was going to do some strength work today but my left shoulder and trap are feeling pretty achey so I’ll give it a miss
Today’s weight (afternoon after 4 meals) was 120.9
Going to continue to decrease weight hopefully and when I get back from trip on the 26th, going to recomp for a month or so and really work to build some serious mass into the transformation.
Up until about 6 weeks out, hopefully I’ve stayed within the 20/25% BF reading and 6 weeks out I’m going to do comp prep with a training mate of mine who has an IFBB client to shred down

1 Like

Nice work mate…sounds a bit crossfitty !!

1 Like

Thanks bud
It’s run by a PT who competes in pro crossfit events however a whole bunch of lifters from various categories use it for their cardio and he is pretty lenient on forms. For example he kip ups but works tolerances for strict pull ups, strict military press as opposed to push press etc
It’s brutal but effective

1 Like

I reckon it Sounds like fun, just don’t tell anyone I said that. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like some nice meal preppin’. Any details on the meals? Curiosity is killing me.

Everything has 200g of chicken and 100g of green vege (green beans and broccoli)

Meal 5/6 have that plus extras-My meal 5 has 70g of rice and meal 6 has 20g of almonds
Both of those meals are only eaten after workouts
A lot easier that way. Food always readily available and can be eaten on the go

2 Likes

Was back in the weights today after a couple of days off strength work.
My quads and shoulders are still sore but I needed to get some time under the bar so I dug deep.
It was a strange one because focusing on the upper body more which I haven’t done in a fair while, it’s progressing super quickly as with before my lower portion was the part that was quicker.
Funnily enough I went HAM on my chest and got a new PB 1RM

Flat bench warm up 2x20 at 60kg

2x8 at 80kg
3x6 at 90kg
2x6 at 100kg
2x 6 at 110kg (was unsure about this, rechecked the bar was 25kg because I hadn’t done these reps before)
2x4 at 120kg
1x1 at 140kg
1x1 at 155kg

No spotter, it was wobbly but it was done. I think I probably have another 10kg in me but I wasn’t risking it

Decline bench 4x12 at 60kg
2x8 at 70kg

Cable flyes a bunch (about 3 sets) at 20kg per cable only for the pump really

Moved across to shoulders
Military press
4x10 at 50kg
4x8 at 70kg

Facepulls
4x15 at 30kg

Sitting side lateral raise
4x10 at 14kg dumbells
2 sets to failure dips (didn’t get many was pretty fried)

Weight is at 120.1

2 Likes

Disappoint…not willing to do whatever it takes. Rich Piana will be rolling in his grave (May he RIP)

What better motivator is there than fear of death? Even if you fail you don’t get to be embarrassed because you die. Win win

4 Likes

Soon youl be benching 4 plates wtf…

1 Like

I’m gunna have to start uploading videos now so it’s not seen as bullshit :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Take a leaf out of guineapig’s log and post vids of women mirin your lifts. The secret is in the tights

3 Likes

Not everyone is dat sexy…tho dem Black Friday sales are going on now so you can pick up some tights on the cheap. Actually brb online shopping

3 Likes

Also 120% boost in strength when lookin thicc with tights

3 Likes

So guess who tore their ATFL ligament in their ankle…
:neutral_face:

Read that as ACL in Knee somehow and was like gg:

but then I read it propah. Ankle injury is nothin mane. Will probably do you some good getting away from all that crossfit bullshit so you can spend your time really lifting.

3 Likes

Yeah unfortunately not the first time I’ve done it
Earlier this year I did it and I’ve now done it again.
After my achillies I’m pretty vigilant with my rehab as leg injuries suck big time but dealt with it, this time it’s just really fucking frustrating…

I’ve done them both times whilst at work but no doubt box jumps and various other load bearing workouts played a big part in the lead up.
No surgery luckily but moon booting it up and will start my rehab for it within the next 2 weeks.

I’ve already started planning routines that don’t require me to be standing under heavy load.
Plenty of bench, seated BB push presses, rows and pull-ups/chins

Really going to have to be on top of my diet now otherwise I’ll be cheating my way to Road to SHW

I’ll keep my progress posted when I can!

1 Like

Unlucky mate. Get better soon.

1 Like

Thanks mate it’s a shame but time to work on upper for a bit, I think…

3 Likes