Big Jez' Training Log

Yep, just watched the CrossFit video. I’ve been trying to do a strict, no momentum, hanging straight leg raise combined with a bit out a reverse crunch to get my feet to the bar.

The kipping T2B video is way different than my version lol!

Yeah thats precisely the difference
The coach (who competed and is ranked pretty highly in the oceana region mind you) does them super strict, he showed us this little technique where when your legs are rolling down, when youre pretty much vertical, kick your bum with your heels
It kills all momentum in the kip and stops your body from continuing to swing, plus gives you a flow back to start pulling your legs back forward towards the bar

2 Likes

Did he make a video?

I also just watched the '17 Games on Netflix. They’re freaks!

Unfortunately not, but next time Im in ill try to get one and put it up

Yeah I re-watched it only 2 nights ago
Fitowski will go close this year, I feel fraser will be similar to fronning and wont be caught, unless some new person comes along
As far as the females go, I cant see anyone catching tia or kara, my prediction is that sara will never win (too nice, hasnt got that mean streak)

What are your thoughts on ricky garard?
I feel for him, considering Test gel will do sweet fuck all for performance (atleast at their level)

1 Like

Now there’s a name that’s made for crossfit

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFsNOjFM4m/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1409ypsbyarli

Feeling sick and lethargic
Edit: still turned up, knocked out chest and some clean variations

1 Like

Good work mate and didn’t look too slow, it just has a long way to go with your long arms. Well done for getting it done even when your feeling cack.

1 Like

It aint pretty but it works🤙
Thanks mate hope your feeling better aswell

Fikowski is impressive. He looks tall but I just looked up his bio and he’s 6’2". Fraser is 5’7" which is why Brent probably looks so tall.

I was impressed with his snatch for being a taller guy. At 6’2" he looks like a giant so I guess CrossFit isn’t for big people. It makes sense since so many things are done at max effort for time. It takes us longer to move things and takes more energy.

I think Katrin still has a chance to reclaim the title. She won it back to back so I wouldn’t rule her out. It’s partly up to Dave and the event selection. It seems like all of the women have a big weakness somewhere. You don’t see the podium guys taking 20th on any events.

It just takes a couple of weird skills to make a difference in the overall score. The peg board from a couple years ago was a problem for a lot of them. I’m sure CrossFit will find another oddball event to throw at them.

He looked damn good. He was ripped too - just a little bit more than the others. I had to look up what he took - testolone. The article I just read makes me want to take it! Increased muscle mass and stamina, fat loss, and without the negative effects on the reproductive organs.

I didn’t look up the other one. CrossFit has a long list of banned substances, but I believe Shadow Pro wrote an article about how a lot of them don’t have a test to find their presence. CrossFit essentially printed a list of things that might improve your performance and are undetectable.

I’m sure there are a lot of them on something. Hell, Lance Armstrong and other endurance athletes were blood doping. Apparently it helps your endurance if you draw your own blood and put it back after your body has made up for the loss. Craziness!

Malaysian tofu salad
Controversial statement, tofu is ALMOST as delicious as chicken

2 Likes

Given chicken isn’t renowned for it’s flavour, I’m right there with you: tofu almost has as much flavour as something that doesn’t have much flavour.

1 Like

Tomato and basil kebabs from woolies is > everything.

2 Likes

Have taken a pretty big step into achieving some goals of mine
Have enlisted a coach who will be working with me over the next 9 months to get myself to a stage ready physical
Ive decided to stop pussy footing around the idea of wanting to be leaner then I currently am
As ive been through weightloss phases and know what it entails, it is going to go on the back burner and by finally getting a coach who has gotten MANY people to stage ready, comp winners and even a pro who competed at the arnolds last year, Im happy because all I have to do is just do as he says and work hard

The first phase is purely mass muscle building
So plenty of food, heavy weights and a few hypertrophy stages, followed by early next year a recomp to lose anything extra, until finally a prep that I predict will be around 12/16 weeks
So I suppose now theres no hiding from the fact that the road to SHW really does begin

3 Likes

Nice work. It will be very interesting to see how you progress when someone else is pulling the strings.

1 Like

I know im beyond pumped
Massive weight lifted off my shoulders because I dont have to act like I know what Im doing
Im purely a student now and will just learn and grow with someone who has forgotten more then Ill ever know pulling the proverbial strings

1 Like

This sounds interesting

What exactly are you going to compete in?

Bodybuilding is the short term goal whilst im young and vein
But the end goal is strongman, so im using this block to put on some mass thatll serve me well long term
Unless the response is overwhelming, im not looking to try achieve pro status or anything with bodybuilding but Its just been a goal of mine ive wanted to achieve

2 Likes

As a huge bodybuilding fan I’m definitely going to follow your log closely, I assume you’re going to compete in a tested show?

Yeah, the federations my coach recommends are tested HOWEVER there are friends of mine and people I know who have competed in them who have used before
Tbh it doesnt bother me all that much because after all, all bodybuilding is is essentially a model show,
If I was super competitive about it id get the shits however as its my first show and essentially just doing it for the experience, im not too concerned
I know stepping on stage as an amateur ill be ahead of many people who have used and if I can be honest with myself and say I didnt use, then thats all that matters to me :blush:

3 Likes

Man my lower back is killing me lately
Did a wod the other night that was absolutely mental

Dont mind the pretty shit around it I cbf typing it out
Screenshot_20180726-200121_Instagramsew

36 total reps at 135kg
I am spent still
Ive now realised that the shitty velcro belt designed for crossfit just doesnt do shit with the weights Im lifting at my higher numbers so Im in for a pioneer belt soon

Does anyone have any tips for self lower back cracking
Im 99% sure its my left SI joint, pretty much all symptoms are of it, but also live with a pretty constant pain in my lower discs, like a 3/10 pain wise. More annoying then anything
I do this thing where I sit on a cable row machine with the close grip attachment and max the weight out to support me, extend my arms completely and just fold myself back off the bench, it cracks most of my lower back and relives most of the pressure.

Its almost like I need someone to yank my left leg down to pull my hips into alignment