T Nation

Big Guys & Small Guys

What does anybody think about trying to get two different sections of physique photos, one for guy who want to get big, and one for guy who “don’t want to get too big” I just thought it would save us all having to ask every time.

The board would just be too cluttered.

“Don’t want to get too big” seems to have such negative implications around here. Power-oriented and Athletically-oriented might be better.

I think we should have a forum dedicated specifically to the perils of “Light Power” for he is an inspiration to us all.

You have to do the Power Ranger hand motions every time you say “Light Power”, though. It could get old after awhile…

I think there are other forums such as Men’s Health or maybe HotorNot.com that welcome pictures and offer critiques of those who “don’t want to get too big”.

[quote]michaelv wrote:
You have to do the Power Ranger hand motions every time you say “Light Power”, though. It could get old after awhile…[/quote]

dude, i’ve got two cracked ribs;
reading your post was worse than sneezing.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
I think there are other forums such as Men’s Health or maybe HotorNot.com that welcome pictures and offer critiques of those who “don’t want to get too big”.[/quote]

Good plan. We should send all those MMA guys who hang out here over to HotOrNot.com. They’d love that!

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I think we should have a forum dedicated specifically to the perils of “Light Power” for he is an inspiration to us all. [/quote]

I want to get big, but not as huge as this guy. Is there any way I can bulk up while not getting disgustingly ripped like this redheaded freak?

Yes, make sure you use MAG-9 instead of MAG-10. You don’t want to over-do it. Besides, you can tell this guy has AWESOME genetics! By awesome I mean freaky scary, of course.

Hey you gotta give it up to Light Power. you know with him going to Hollywood and all to pursue his career in modeling. Exacylty how fucking whacked to you have to be mentally to post that type of shit.

I thought he was already in Hollywood. Isn’t he the Shermanator? (American Pie)

Obviously this was a joke.

What is that kid having a contest to see how long he can hold his breath his face is almost the same color as his hair .

[quote]cokeandtaco wrote:
michaelv wrote:
You have to do the Power Ranger hand motions every time you say “Light Power”, though. It could get old after awhile…

dude, i’ve got two cracked ribs;
reading your post was worse than sneezing.[/quote]

Same here.

cap, that is too funny

[quote]michaelv wrote:
“Don’t want to get too big” seems to have such negative implications around here. Power-oriented and Athletically-oriented might be better.[/quote]

eh, I’m “athletically oriented” but I wouldn’t put myself with those pansies like light power

besides at 6ft 220, doesn’t that kind of make me a tweener?

Do some people really have trouble with “getting too big” muscle wise?

I mean, does someone wake up one morning and go “Shit, my pecs really got huge these past weeks! And damn if those bis aren’t pushing against the fabric of my shirts; better cut back on training.” Then they stop lifting, and they stay huge or keep growing?

'Cause to me, the “I don’t wanna get too big” thing sounds like a lame excuse for failing before they try. Unless you’re into combat sports or some other event where weight classes have to be respected, I don’t get why someone would go to the gym every week to stay small or a little above average.

So, after training for 5 years, they’ve gained 10 pounds, 5 of which is fat. When someone points out that they’re wasting their time working out, they can simply say “No, no, I don’t want to get too big.”

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Yes, make sure you use MAG-9 instead of MAG-10. You don’t want to over-do it. Besides, you can tell this guy has AWESOME genetics! By awesome I mean freaky scary, of course.[/quote]

actually i heard he uses an experimental MAG-11 formula, administered by direct spinal-tap…

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
michaelv wrote:
“Don’t want to get too big” seems to have such negative implications around here. Power-oriented and Athletically-oriented might be better.

eh, I’m “athletically oriented” but I wouldn’t put myself with those pansies like light power

besides at 6ft 220, doesn’t that kind of make me a tweener?
[/quote]

Who ever made the claim Light Power was athletic? I believe he falls into the psycho freakazoid category. His alien implants are making is veins pop out. I fear it may become unhealthy.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Do some people really have trouble with “getting too big” muscle wise?

I mean, does someone wake up one morning and go “Shit, my pecs really got huge these past weeks! And damn if those bis aren’t pushing against the fabric of my shirts; better cut back on training.” Then they stop lifting, and they stay huge or keep growing?

'Cause to me, the “I don’t wanna get too big” thing sounds like a lame excuse for failing before they try. Unless you’re into combat sports or some other event where weight classes have to be respected, I don’t get why someone would go to the gym every week to stay small or a little above average.

So, after training for 5 years, they’ve gained 10 pounds, 5 of which is fat. When someone points out that they’re wasting their time working out, they can simply say “No, no, I don’t want to get too big.”

[/quote]

Agree 100%. As soon as my next fight is over i’m getting swollen.