T Nation

Big Families

I’m the oldest of eight kids. I was homeschooled til high school. I have five brothers, and they are my best friends. Despite all this, I don’t want more than four kids. Who here comes from a big family? Did coming from a big family make you want to have a big family?

Being an only child has made me a bit jealous of those who came from larger families. If I ever settle down and have a family, it’ll definitely include more than one kid, with probably 3 at the most.

I think people that have more than 4 are being selfish.

3 brothers 3 sisters + me, my oldest brother has 3 kids, my oldest sister has 4, they both say they are done. I don’t even plan on having that many(still really young though so that could change I guess.)

I’m one of ten, ages range from 12 to 39. So far my parents only have two grandchildren. I guess that fact sums up what we all thought of our own childhoold…

Big families remind me of the scene from the Monty Python movie, “The Meaning of Life”. Where another baby drops from between the mother’s legs as she is washing dishes, and there are about 20 kids running around, as the father comes home to announce that he’s sold the kids for medical research experiments.

[quote]sen say wrote:
I think people that have more than 4 are being selfish. [/quote]

What makes you say that?

[quote]sen say wrote:
I think people that have more than 4 are being selfish. [/quote]

Nothing more selfish than dedicating your life to raising the future generation.

Big families rule!!!.. end of story

Just me, my brother and my mom. That’s about it besides my dad and his parents that I saw every so often and my mom’s parents I saw every so often. I have an uncle in Oregon that has two kids I see every few years.

About as small as you can get, and I’m indifferent to it. It’s just what it was, but I don’t know about big families, there’s just too much going on a lot of the time for me. You never know though.

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
sen say wrote:
I think people that have more than 4 are being selfish.

What makes you say that?[/quote]

Rampant overpopulation everywhere

Blood is thicker than water

I definetly plan on having a big family. The combination of being an only child and have only 3 relatives living in America (on the other side of the country unfortunatly) has made me want to marry into a large family and definetly have more than one kid.

Why would you punish yourself by having a bunch of kids? On a more serious note the world has more than enough children. If you want to have a bunch thats fine but after one or two I think people should adopt. You get a big family and you are helping out…only adopt the smart/athletic ones though.

2 brothers, sister and step sister

extended family all together… 27 I can think of atm lol