Big Drawing

I was looking up briefcases and ran across this, possibly the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

http://biggestdrawingintheworld.com/

fantastic. is this real?

damn. 'Biggest drawing in world' revealed as hoax Artist Admits He Didn't Actually Use GPS, DHL to Create 'Biggest Drawing in the World' | WIRED

I could have gone through the rest of my life thinking how cool that was with it being a hoax the whole time. Would it have made any difference?

Its a good lesson both ways. Thats what art seems to do a lot ofnowadays. Questioning authenticity, process, orginality, tradition etc. This piece, minor fraud that it is, does exactly the same thing

like it or not.

Lets get frank yang up in this.

That’s so fucking cool right there.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
I was looking up briefcases and ran across this, possibly the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

http://biggestdrawingintheworld.com/[/quote]

That was insane! The video was pretty cool, worked as a proof or sorts. otherwise I would be pretty skeptical.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
That’s so fucking cool right there.[/quote]

It would be wouldnt it?

[quote]andrew_live wrote:

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

http://biggestdrawingintheworld.com/[/quote]

That was insane! The video was pretty cool, worked as a proof or sorts. otherwise I would be pretty skeptical.[/quote]

of sorts yes.

The only thing I can think about after seeing that is: How much did the fucking shipping cost? It would be a lot, either way, but then he went and used DHL, which, in my experience, blows asshole, and is way more expensive than any other shipping method.

With all those specific instructions, and not to mention special fees to follow said instructions, you’re looking at thousands of dollars on shipping. Probably upwards of $5k just to ship that thing, and that right there is how you prove its fake. No amateur artist has that kinda money.

Its very interesting to see how many people read the OP and then chime in without reading the rest of the thread.

wow! i cant believe he actually did that!

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Its very interesting to see how many people read the OP and then chime in without reading the rest of the thread.[/quote]

X2 lol

I mean, Amazing I can’t believe that he actually did that!

V

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Its very interesting to see how many people read the OP and then chime in without reading the rest of the thread.[/quote]

x2/3

[quote]Eli B wrote:

Assuming you’re talking about my post, if YOU read the whole thing, you’d notice that I did know it was fake.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

Assuming you’re talking about my post, if YOU read the whole thing, you’d notice that I did know it was fake.
[/quote]

Isnt it ironic?

[quote]Otep wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

x2/3 X3/2 X3[/quote]

fixed

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[/quote]

But then, it’s funny that you came to the conclusion it was fake based upon the idea that no artist has an estimated 5K to pull it off… and not that package delivery companies would laugh their asses off at some jackass wanting them to fly loops all over the ocean. Seriously. At one point, a plane flies out half way into the Atlantic from northern Europe, does a Figure 8, and then flies to southern Africa. Not to mention the fucking hair.

If you want a delivery company to ship from one place to another, they are going to take the most direct route their shipping logistics and circumstances allows. Why? Because these types of businesses are HIGH volume and need to be as efficient as possible. They don’t ship a single package on one plane - they cram as many as they can… because that is efficient. Delaying the delivery date of hundreds/thousands of parcels for days on end just to accommodate some whack artist is a ridiculous idea, given that they don’t want to risk losing their REPEAT clients to their more EFFICIENT competition for a ONE-TIME doucher.

Silly thread is silly.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[/quote]

This post proves that you, did in fact, not read the other posts.