Big Comments from Pig

Proves she’s smarter and smarter everyday. So now US troops are like the Blues Brothers, on a “mission from god”. And who the fuck names their kid TRACK?

Jesus hillbilly, save him the spelling trouble and just call him “ATV”.

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

“We will not repeat a Cold War,” Palin said in her first television interview since becoming Republican John McCain’s vice presidential running mate two weeks ago.

Palin told Charles Gibson of ABC News that she’d favor including Georgia and Ukraine, both former Soviet republics, in NATO despite opposition by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

Asked whether the United States would have to go to war with Russia if it invaded Georgia, and the country was part of NATO, Palin said: “Perhaps so.”

“I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you’re going to be expected to be called upon and help,” she said.

Pressed on the question, Palin responded: “What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against … We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to.”

She added: “It doesn’t have to lead to war and it doesn’t have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries.”

Palin spoke the same day Putin insisted that Russia has no intention of encroaching on the sovereignty of Georgia, following a brief war that left Russian troops in firm control of two breakaway regions.

Putin also aggressively defended the decision to send troops to Georgia, saying Russia had to act after Georgia attacked South Ossetia last month.

On other matters, Palin said she “didn’t hesitate” when McCain asked her to be his running mate, a surprise selection that shook up the presidential race.

"I answered him ‘yes’ because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can’t blink, you have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we’re on, reform of this country and victory in the war, you can’t blink.

So I didn’t blink then even when asked to run as his running mate," said the 44-year-old Palin, who has been in office less than two years.

Questioned about whether she felt ready to step in as vice president or perhaps even president if something happened to the 72-year-old McCain, Palin said: “I do, Charlie, and on January 20, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, we’ll be ready. I’m ready.”

Gibson also read Palin a comment she made in her former church �?? “Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God” �?? and asked whether she thought the United States was fighting a holy war.

Palin said she was recalling Abraham Lincoln’s words when she made the comment and said: “I would never presume to know God’s will or to speak God’s words.”

She said she didn’t know if her son Track who is headed to Iraq was on a mission from God.

“What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer,” Palin said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/palin_interview

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally. [/quote]

I believe you’re going to have a problem with Obama, too.

By the way, would it even be an option, if they were a NATO ally?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

By the way, would it even be an option, if they were a NATO ally?[/quote]

I am a proponent of taking a hard line with Russia. Well, maybe not a hard line, but we must be careful with them.

If they invade Ukraine, or Georgia, or some other small satellite, it’s going to be tough to justify the end of the world.

If they were to invade Poland, or a main country of the continent, that would be a different story. But i doubt they would.

Sloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I am a proponent of taking a hard line with Russia. Well, maybe not a hard line, but we must be careful with them.

If they invade Ukraine, or Georgia, or some other small satellite, it’s going to be tough to justify the end of the world.

If they were to invade Poland, or a main country of the continent, that would be a different story. But i doubt they would.
[/quote]

I’d rather not entangle ourselves any further than we are, either. However, from what I’ve read, both candidates are supportive of a track (get it, track?!) leading to Georgian Nato membership.

<<< If they were to invade Poland, or a main country of the continent, that would be a different story. But i doubt they would.
[/quote]

They might if they see no resistance to their occupation of the smaller satellites.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I’d rather not entangle ourselves any further than we are, either. However, from what I’ve read, both candidates are supportive of a track (get it, track?!) leading to Georgian Nato membership.[/quote]

Hahah. That was so stupidly funny that I had to laugh.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
<<< If they were to invade Poland, or a main country of the continent, that would be a different story. But i doubt they would.

They might if they see no resistance to their occupation of the smaller satellites.[/quote]

Reason #1 why I am glad that we put missiles in Poland.

But I think they realize that a Russian occupation of Poland would strike too many as dangerously aggressive. France and Britain may even hesitate to stay quiet then. Their border is a lot closer than ours is.

But I think they realize that a Russian occupation of Poland would strike too many as dangerously aggressive. France and Britain may even hesitate to stay quiet then. Their border is a lot closer than ours is.[/quote]

Then you’d think that the frog eating surrender monkeys would want to do something about it. But no, they want us to do all the heavy lifting then bitch because we did it wrong.

Fuck France. Fuck Europe. I say we pull the hell out of NATO, then laugh at them when they can’t make enough white hankies for everyone to wave in the air as Vlad The Impaler plants a Russian flag at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

So FightingIrish, back to the topic at hand … why exactly is palin so stupid? I’m not following you I’m afraid. You don’t like her kids name … you think she’s a hillbilly and she says that if Georgia was part of Nato we’d have to honor our solemn treaty obligations to defend them against invasion?

Well let’s make a few assumptions so this is easier for you:

1. Let’s assume instead of being from Alaska she was from New Jersey.
  2. Let’s assume her kid was named Bob.

NOW what’s your problem?

She advocates Georgian entry into Nato like dozens and dozens of other officials in the foreign policy establishment and which is current US policy. Does this make her stupid?

Why don’t we skip all the Northeastern/Urban bigotry and get right to the bottom line.

What really gets under you skin is that she has a belief in God.

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
So FightingIrish, back to the topic at hand … why exactly is palin so stupid? I’m not following you I’m afraid. You don’t like her kids name … you think she’s a hillbilly and she says that if Georgia was part of Nato we’d have to honor our solemn treaty obligations to defend them against invasion?

Well let’s make a few assumptions so this is easier for you:

1. Let’s assume instead of being from Alaska she was from New Jersey.
  2. Let’s assume her kid was named Bob.

NOW what’s your problem?
[/quote]

She’s a psycho christian conservative who thinks America is on a mission from God? Just what we don’t need right now on the world stage.

Wrong.

I don’t think she’s all that intelligent. I don’t like that after eight years of pyscho ultrachristian neoconservatives, people are fond of putting another one in office. I think she was a tremendous step back for McCain, who otherwise would have been pretty well off, as I don’t despise him. But her? Her as president scares the shit out of me.

This pig needs to stay out of the damn White House, especially if the president is as old as McCain.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
But I think they realize that a Russian occupation of Poland would strike too many as dangerously aggressive. France and Britain may even hesitate to stay quiet then. Their border is a lot closer than ours is.

Then you’d think that the frog eating surrender monkeys would want to do something about it. But no, they want us to do all the heavy lifting then bitch because we did it wrong.

Fuck France. Fuck Europe. I say we pull the hell out of NATO, then laugh at them when they can’t make enough white hankies for everyone to wave in the air as Vlad The Impaler plants a Russian flag at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

[/quote]

That’s cute boyo. You take a class on descriptive writing lately?

And who the fuck names their kid TRACK?[/quote]

I actually like the uniqueness of her kids’ names. But I’m just weird that way.

And here. Let’s take a good look at Palin’s church, since tons of motherfuckers jumped on Obama’s.

Palestinian Attack In Israel Part of God’s Judgment, Said Recent Guest At Palin’s Church

After several months of scrutinizing Barack Obama’s former place of worship, reporters are now taking a close look at Alaskan churches frequented by presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

As the Huffington Post reported earlier Tuesday, Palin addressed a gathering at the Wasilla Assembly of God, asking them to pray for oil pipeline development and “God’s will” in Iraq.

Meanwhile, the Boston Herald and Newsweek have both identified Wasilla Bible Church as the Alaska Governor’s most recent church. And it was at that Bible Church where a recent guest described a Palestinian attack on Israeli citizens as part of God’s judgment coming to pass on Earth – an analysis likely troubling both to Jews, as well as to mainstream foreign policy analysts.

Describing a trip by his son to Jerusalem, Jews for Jesus founder David Brickner described the a July Palestinian bulldozer attack against Israeli civilians as part of God’s “judgment.”

That speech, from August 17, is posted on the church’s website, along with all other recent addresses delivered to the congregation.

In a talk entitled “The Jerusalem Dilemma,” Brickner also went on to describe all of the problems in the Middle East as related to Jerusalem. “But what we see in Israel, the conflict that is spilled through the Middle East, really which is all about Jerusalem, is an ongoing reflection of the fact that there is judgment,” Brickner told Palin’s church, adding:

“Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It’s very real. When Isaac [Brickner’s son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment – you can’t miss it.”

Listen to Brickner here.

Brickner’s analysis tracks with various other strains of evangelist Christian eschatology, but finds decidedly less favor in foreign policy circles.

With Gov. Palin’s views on foreign policy mostly unknown, and the McCain campaign thus far ill disposed to the idea of making her available to the national press, it’s unclear how much stock she personally puts in Brickner’s theory. An email to the McCain campaign asking for clarification was not immediately returned.

She’s a psycho christian conservative who thinks America is on a mission from God? Just what we don’t need right now on the world stage.
[/quote]
go back and actually listen to what she said. He was praying that the mission we are on is god’s will. ie we don’t want to be on a mission that is not god’s will.

[quote]
Wrong.

I don’t think she’s all that intelligent. I don’t like that after eight years of pyscho ultrachristian neoconservatives, people are fond of putting another one in office.

I think she was a tremendous step back for McCain, who otherwise would have been pretty well off, as I don’t despise him. But her? Her as president scares the shit out of me.

This pig needs to stay out of the damn White House, especially if the president is as old as McCain.[/quote]

I don’t think you know much about her. I don’t either but I willing to look deeply enough to learn rather than jump to judgment.

And here. Let’s take a good look at Palin’s church, since tons of motherfuckers jumped on Obama’s.

Palestinian Attack In Israel Part of God’s Judgment, Said Recent Guest At Palin’s Church
[/quote]Hmmm…one time guest of the church vs. barry’s pastor for 20years. Strrrreeeeaaachhhhh.

Again, probably better to listen to the actual comments. Or just keep reading this shit.

[quote]
Describing a trip by his son to Jerusalem, Jews for Jesus founder David Brickner described the a July Palestinian bulldozer attack against Israeli civilians as part of God’s “judgment.”

That speech, from August 17, is posted on the church’s website, along with all other recent addresses delivered to the congregation.

In a talk entitled “The Jerusalem Dilemma,” Brickner also went on to describe all of the problems in the Middle East as related to Jerusalem.

“But what we see in Israel, the conflict that is spilled through the Middle East, really which is all about Jerusalem, is an ongoing reflection of the fact that there is judgment,” Brickner told Palin’s church, adding: "Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television.

It’s very real. When Isaac [Brickner’s son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment – you can’t miss it."

Listen to Brickner here.

Brickner’s analysis tracks with various other strains of evangelist Christian eschatology, but finds decidedly less favor in foreign policy circles.

With Gov. Palin’s views on foreign policy mostly unknown, and the McCain campaign thus far ill disposed to the idea of making her available to the national press, it’s unclear how much stock she personally puts in Brickner’s theory.

An email to the McCain campaign asking for clarification was not immediately returned.

Again, Brickner was a one time guest to the church. Good find. Keep digging.

I thought Vlad the Impaler was Romanian.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
I thought Vlad the Impaler was Romanian.[/quote]

Shhhhh. RJ was on a roll.

<<< I don’t think she’s all that intelligent. >>>[/quote]

Because of her religious beliefs. Just go ahead n say it.

Varqanir wrote:

Shhhhh. RJ was on a roll.[/quote]

yea … it seems to me that when you wipe away all your obviously stupid bigoted rationales … hillbilly, Track, Alaska … you’re left with a policy position that is so mainstream it isn’t worth arguing about AND … her religion.

All you have to do is mention the G word to these liberals and it’s as if they start drooling and speaking in tongues!

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

Shhhhh. RJ was on a roll.

yea … it seems to me that when you wipe away all your obviously stupid bigoted rationales … hillbilly, Track, Alaska … you’re left with a policy position that is so mainstream it isn’t worth arguing about AND … her religion.

All you have to do is mention the G word to these liberals and it’s as if they start drooling and speaking in tongues!

[/quote]

LOL.

Forgive me for not wanting religious extremists running the country.

Obama believes in God, and McCain believes in God, most of congress probably believes in God, and I kind of believe in God.

But it’s all in the way you present it. I am not comfortable with telling the world that our troops are on a Blue Brothers mission as justification for them being there.