Big Collar Bones

I’ve always had large colar bones and have tried hard to build up my upper pecs to make them disappear. I was reading an article about Phil Heaths Colar bones and how it’s a negative for him. I don’t know if they are too big or what, because I can’t see them under his muscle.

What is the deal with colar bones and bodybuilding? What’s good, what’s bad, etc.

• Adam

What they said about Phil Heath was that he has narrow collar bones - not very wide shoulders.

As for collar bones showing they are usually considered a bad thing because it shows an underdeveloped upper chest.

I have big collar bones too. just keep at it.

My collar cones are about average sized. I don’t collar cones make much of a difference at all in terms of what size they are, but that’s just best guess. Just try getting your chest bigger, and don’t worry about your collar cones.

[quote]Wrestler23 wrote:
What they said about Phil Heath was that he has narrow collar bones - not very wide shoulders.
[/quote]

They said the same thing about Kevin Levrone.

This has nothing to do with “big collar bones” and everything to do with Heath and Levrone having less space between them which makes their shoulders look slightly drawn in towards the center even though they have cannon balls on each arm.

If your collar bones show, it is because you are lacking enough muscle on your upper chest to cover them…period.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
If your collar bones show, it is because you are lacking enough muscle on your upper chest to cover them…period.[/quote]

A little off-topic, but having visible collar bones seems to be a goal of many women as a sign of femininity.

Prof X is right. That is why they are usually referred to as narrow clavicles, not big or small collarbones.

Edit: Wrestler was correct as well. Missed his post the first time.

Bastard, you know I meant “Collar Bones”, not “Cones”…

:slight_smile:

• Adam

[quote]SSC wrote:
My collar cones are about average sized. I don’t collar cones make much of a difference at all in terms of what size they are, but that’s just best guess. Just try getting your chest bigger, and don’t worry about your collar cones.[/quote]

Narrow Clavicles? What does that mean? His clavicles are too short?

_ Adam

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Prof X is right. That is why they are usually referred to as narrow clavicles, not big or small collarbones.

Edit: Wrestler was correct as well. Missed his post the first time.[/quote]

[quote]adamhum wrote:

_ Adam

LankyMofo wrote:

Edit: Wrestler was correct as well. Missed his post the first time.

[/quote]

Narrow does not mean short. As PX said, it means they are close together, without a lot of space in between them. Do you know what a narrow hallway is? Same concept.

[quote]adamhum wrote:

[/quote]

hilarious picture
[/quote]

Lol, I’ll admit it took some looking at pictures to visualize it. I can’t be too hard on the guy.

I think I’m missing something - maybe a bodybuilding judging thing. Won’t your collarbones showing depend on the individual way your pecs originate and the position of your shoulder?

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
I think I’m missing something - maybe a bodybuilding judging thing. Won’t your collarbones showing depend on the individual way your pecs originate and the position of your shoulder?[/quote]

Technically, yes, but most people are not going to show their collar bones in great detail if they are well developed unless they have ignored their upper pec development. In fact, I can’t think of one pro bodybuilder who shows their collar bones in that way.

HoratioSandoval wrote:
I think I’m missing something - maybe a bodybuilding judging thing. Won’t your collarbones showing depend on the individual way your pecs originate and the position of your shoulder?

Technically, yes, but most people are not going to show their collar bones in great detail if they are well developed unless they have ignored their upper pec development. In fact, I can’t think of one pro bodybuilder who shows their collar bones in that way. [/quote]

I see what you mean now. Thanks