Big Butt

hi, Im a guy and I’ve been doing WS4SB for about 3-4 months. So I did lots of squats which made my glutes a lot bigger. but I’m not a big guy and I only weigh 169 lb. so it looks horrible…anyway im doing 5/3/1 right now. what should I do? I figured I can only do the major exercises in 5/3/1 (only for dead lift and squat days) to get stronger and skip the accessory exercises for these two days. that way I will get stronger but I won’t get bigger any more. I also should mention that I have a little bit of lordosis so that also make by butt look bigger. I’d appreciate if you give me a solution. thanks

Well how big is big? Take a picture so we have an idea of what you’re dealing with, and be sure to hold up a shoe so we have a point of reference.

That is the exact reason I stopped doing PL-style back squats. Lots of glute but hardly any quad development down toward the knee. That’s just the way it goes.

I switched to Front Squat and full depth Back Squat (with a higher bar position), and I couldn’t be happier.

[quote]Cuso wrote:
Well how big is big? Take a picture so we have an idea of what you’re dealing with, and be sure to hold up a shoe so we have a point of reference.
[/quote]
Hard to be subtle with your Creep Factor set to ‘MAX’? :smiley:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
[/quote]
Hard to be subtle with your Creep Factor set to ‘MAX’? :D[/quote]

Sorry Jay, I couldn’t work out today so I’ve kind of lost my normal silky smooth touch. Thanks for the gentle flame, I’ll tone the CF down a little.

Fix your lordosis.

Do lots of upperbody bodybuilding shit.

Do front squats. Or, concentric only lifts.

lol , in.

[quote]Cuso wrote:
[/quote]
the distance between my camera and I is only one meter.

[quote]louiek wrote:
Fix your lordosis.

Do lots of upperbody bodybuilding shit.

Do front squats. Or, concentric only lifts.[/quote]

How do I fix my lordosis?
I’m doing 5/3/1 right now. How do I do more upper body ?because I don’t have anymore time to recover?

Your butt isn’t big. All of your other muscles are small. Your ass is about the only muscle with any development. There’s no reason to be self conscious about this.

Also, why is this horrible? Last time I checked, girls have absolutely no problem with a guy having an ass.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Your butt isn’t big. All of your other muscles are small. Your ass is about the only muscle with any development. There’s no reason to be self conscious about this.

Also, why is this horrible? Last time I checked, girls have absolutely no problem with a guy having an ass.[/quote]

Then how do you think I can make my other muscles bigger? because I have been using WS4SB since I started lifting so I didn’t just focus on my lower body. I’ve tried make my upper body bigger as well. do you think if I should change the program im doing now? or what? Im so confused!!

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Also, why is this horrible? Last time I checked, girls have absolutely no problem with a guy having an ass.[/quote]
x2 on all this

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Then how do I develop my other muscles? I have been using WS4Sb since I started lifting so I didn’t focus only on my lower body. I’ve tried to make my upper body bigger too but how can I do that? I’m just so confused!!

Troll.

Most of the time, hyperlordosis can be fixed by stretching the hip flexors. Sitting at a computer or TV for hours every day makes them short. When you stand up, they pull the front of the pelvis down.

It took me a LOT OF TIME to get mine sorted out. I had to stretch for 2min+ each. Ignore the myth of only stretching for 20-30sec at a time. That’s good for right before you lift, but if you want to improve your flexibility, you need to spend at least 90sec at a time with a light stretch on the muscle.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Most of the time, hyperlordosis can be fixed by stretching the hip flexors. Sitting at a computer or TV for hours every day makes them short. When you stand up, they pull the front of the pelvis down.

It took me a LOT OF TIME to get mine sorted out. I had to stretch for 2min+ each. Ignore the myth of only stretching for 20-30sec at a time. That’s good for right before you lift, but if you want to improve your flexibility, you need to spend at least 90sec at a time with a light stretch on the muscle.[/quote]

The hyperlordosis is what’s making you butt look bigger.

EDIT: whoops. I hit quote instead of edit.

[quote]bug butt wrote:
I figured I can only do the major exercises in 5/3/1 (only for dead lift and squat days) to get stronger and skip the accessory exercises for these two days. that way I will get stronger but I won’t get bigger any more. I also should mention that I have a little bit of lordosis so that also make by butt look bigger. I’d appreciate if you give me a solution. thanks[/quote]

Troll.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

It took me a LOT OF TIME to get mine sorted out. I had to stretch for 2min+ each. Ignore the myth of only stretching for 20-30sec at a time. That’s good for right before you lift, but if you want to improve your flexibility, you need to spend at least 90sec at a time with a light stretch on the muscle.

EDIT: whoops. I hit quote instead of edit.[/quote]

The photoshop is making his butt look bigger. He has a serious case of pixel ass.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

The photoshop is making his butt look bigger. He has a serious case of pixel ass.

[/quote]

dude seriously…stop it? im a beginner and it is beginners forum…so stop saying “Troll”

[quote]bug butt wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[/quote]

dude seriously…stop it? im a beginner and it is beginners forum…so stop saying “Troll” [/quote]

Then don’t start threads with pics of artificially inflated cabooses in the beginners forum.