Big Boss Doing Work

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Xen do you think when someone is about to attack and you attack is that what you mean when you say Pre-empt their attack?
Take for example this fight…at the time 3:10-3:16. Corbett drops him with that leg kick but did he see that comin and did it…OR that little step clifton gave first did it telegraph to corbett that he’s gonna leg kick again so he did a short kick droppin him?
I see guys pullin this off all the time…a short little leg kick when the OTHER guy is about to kick/midst of kickin and it drops them.
I REALLY want to do it in sparring, but haven’t accomplished it yet.

that’s the link 3:10-3:16, you’ll see clifton fall.

By the way if you want to see a big elbow KO, keep watching lol.[/quote]

Not to cut in…but I think that elbow KO is probably a better example of what Xen was explaining. Of course,I could be wrong.

I’m not a standup guy so I have no critique, but congrats on getting in there dude!

On a side note, I’m glad I made the decision to drop down multiple weightclasses…I would not make a good heavyweight.

Nice work Boss, keep up the good work. Good luck in your next match.

I think it takes a lot of courage to put up a post such as this. I wish you the best in your training, it looks like you’re on the right track.

I appreciate all the responses…getting ready to do it again on August 8th! Thanks for all the honest critique and keeping the bullshit to a minimum. This is definitely helping me in fixing holes in my game and improving a step at a time along with the help of my own instructor and training partners. Always good to have some outside advice.

I would never want to take a leg kick from you, and you’re double-legs probably feel like getting driven into by a Mack truck. Sick pics!

i wouldn’t want to get teep’d by you

Pretty good dude, Looks like you outweigh the guy by 100 pounds though. How tall are you?

[quote]fightnews10 wrote:
Pretty good dude, Looks like you outweigh the guy by 100 pounds though. How tall are you? [/quote]

6’3"…He was 255lbs…so I had around 60-65 pounds on him.

Happy to not be in your weight class! Good work.

I’m interested to see how the 8th went.

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:
I’m interested to see how the 8th went. [/quote]

Unfortunately,I hurt my damn back the week leading up till the 8th…BUT I just found out that I made USMF Team TX…will be recommended for Team USA.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Steve-O-68 wrote:

Unfortunately,I hurt my damn back the week leading up till the 8th…BUT I just found out that I made USMF Team TX…will be recommended for Team USA.[/quote]

NICE!! Congratulations!

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Fuck it…here’s link to vid of my match. For those that I PM’d,this is the better vid,and complete match…with sound:
http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9dd8b1181de7c0f5

Keep in mind that this was a talent search for United States Muay Thai Federation…a chance to see who has true muay thai SKILL…it wasn’t a sanctioned fight…no hands being raised at the end. They are recruiting for fighters to join Team USA…WBC prospects…etc. Still important shit…at least for me!

Anyways,I know a few idiots will say dumb shit…and flex their keyboard combat sport “expertise.” But really,unless you’re training hard yourself,a professional fighter/trainer,etc…it’s really hard to say something absurdly negative about someone who is paying their dues and getting IN the ring…not watching!

I know there are things I have room for improving on…and trust me,I am doing so. But if you have silly snide comments…you will set yourself up for some serious backing up to do for yourself. In other words,are you paying your dues,too?? Just wanted get that out of the way…thank you! :slight_smile:

Good stuff buddy. I liked the right straight-right leg kick combo. What’s your weight at, and did you get your size before starting muay thai?

I was 340lbs when I started…I fluctuate between 290-320…currently 320lbs. Will be dropping to 275 by December if all goes as planned.[/quote]

Dang, you;re a big fella, with good flexabilty. That wont hurt a bit. My first love was Muai Thai, i moved on to other things after that. At 43 I’ve had my few fights and retired. I still train and teach(mostly kids, because i want to try and give back) Are you doing any type of shin conditioning( recommended, mainly to avoid injury)?

You’re elbow positioning is good (ie you’re compact in your stance, good) you’re movement is good esp for a a guy as big as you(no knock ) you are aware of blocking low leg kicks (good), just keep working on the conditioning and techinque, good job. You’re also fighting within your ability( no flashy high risk stikes) which is good as well. About 15 years for me (then again I’m 87 brother). Nah seriously good job

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Unfortunately,I hurt my damn back the week leading up till the 8th…BUT I just found out that I made USMF Team TX…will be recommended for Team USA.[/quote]

Yeah congrats Bigboss, when do you find out about team USA? What does being part of the TX team involve, 'scuse my ignorance.

Hope the back feels better, nothing serious?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Steve-O-68 wrote:

Unfortunately,I hurt my damn back the week leading up till the 8th…BUT I just found out that I made USMF Team TX…will be recommended for Team USA.

NICE!! Congratulations![/quote]

Thanks,homie.

Yeah,cromwell…I’m a big fella…and I’m 30,so my window of opportunity for fighting is narrowing. Trying to get in what I can,man…then I plan on just teaching/coaching muay thai and mma striking myself. I will continue to train and roll BJJ. I started teaching the beginner’s class few months ago.

All of this makes me really wish I started when I was younger…but I also don’t want to have the “I should have done this/that.” Better late than never. Anyways,thanks for the kind words and the critique.

[quote]tassietaekwon wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Yeah congrats Bigboss, when do you find out about team USA? What does being part of the TX team involve, 'scuse my ignorance.

Hope the back feels better, nothing serious?[/quote]

I found out Sunday night through email. As for being part of Team TX I will be available to represent TX and compete against fighters in WBC/IFMA/USMF sanctioned events nationwide…and Canada as well. That is about all I know about that so far. I will be competing as an amateur…with opportunity to eventually go pro.

As for USMF Team USA…all my videos will go up for review along with an application and questionnaire I have to fill out. Then it’s just a waiting game. Being part of Team USA gives me a chance to compete internationally. There’s also possibility to compete at IFMA/USMF Amateur World Championships in Thailand during the King of Thailand’s B-Day celebration. That is pretty much all I’m aware of with Team USA as of now.

My back is better. I pulled a muscle and developed a small case of sciatica due to inflammation/swelling. I’ve had 2 weeks to rest and take care of it…it’s about 80% right now. Really being careful with it right now.

Anyways,thanks for the congrats. I don’t mind answer any questions you have. It’s not ignorance…just interest…and that’s good.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Yeah,cromwell…I’m a big fella…and I’m 30,so my window of opportunity for fighting is narrowing. Trying to get in what I can,man…then I plan on just teaching/coaching muay thai and mma striking myself. I will continue to train and roll BJJ. I started teaching the beginner’s class few months ago.

All of this makes me really wish I started when I was younger…but I also don’t want to have the “I should have done this/that.” Better late than never. Anyways,thanks for the kind words and the critique. [/quote]

You’re still young, but I gotcha on that window thing, I thought about coming back last year, it had been 1o years since my last fight then I realized that while I am in shape the amount of work I would have to do would be ridicules. I also have more than a few injuries that might prevent it anyway. I am not stepping in there unless I am physically capable of murdering the other guy(not literally of course). While you can’t always prevent injuries be careful, this can be the biggest obstacle. Your BJJ will help you, I am working on my black belt, I have had the brown for years, getting back into it. Seeing as I only weigh 180, I am glad i don’t have to roll with you, hahaha
best of luck to you