Big Ben 4 - 8 Games

He wasn’t charged, and therefore innocent.

I wouldn’t want my daughter anywhere near him though.

Rumor has it that big ben may go to the raiders for asomugha and their number 8

The news of the bruises is news to me.

Two Super Bowl rings…no way they trade him just to save face.

I agree with the suspension. Even if he didn’t do what was alleged he still has the reputation of the team and the NFL to think of when he’s out painting the town red.

Awful role model to kids

I don’t know I say they trade him they really like this dixon kid

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

It’s 4-6 games, not 4-8.[/quote]

Steel you obviously are a big fan. What do you think? I know at first I was defending Big Ben because he had the allegation last year, but after what was released I changed my mind. Like I said in another thread I listen to Serius Sat NFL station and almost every steeler fan calling in wants him gone.[/quote]

I think I won’t defend him, but I’m not going to hang him either.

I don’t know what happened any better than anyone else, but it is pretty clear he’s embarrassed the team and the league so I agree with the suspension. I don’t want to trade him.[/quote]

The facts revealed in that press conference held by the DA were pretty damning and disgusting. I happened to catch it live.

I think its a fair penalty given that people are innocent until proven guilty and everything.

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Kobe Bryant case? Duke lax players case?

These are unproven allegations from a drunk girl and her drunken friend. Where’s the evidence? The drunken ramblings of a girl who thinks her friend was harmed ?

Irrespective of whether big ben’s personal conduct is appropriate, smart, common sensical, etc. for a man of his stature anyone who demands he lose money, be suspended or face punishment IMO is another dumb Nifong.
[/quote]

The evidence would have been the security tapes that got mysteriously erased. The exam of the girl showed positive signs of rape (ie bruises and lacerations) but there was not enough DNA found to make a positive ID. Basically the story comes down to Ben saying she wanted it and the girl saying she didn’t. Drunk or not, that is the definition of date rape.

Roethlisberger signed a Code of Personal Conduct agreement, this is why he is being suspended (The NFL's Code of Conduct). You don’t need to be convicted of a crime to be suspended and/or fined. Any behavior that is detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League is grounds for suspension. There is no way Goodell could have let this one slide given Ben’s past transgressions.

[/quote]

The DA said that the incident happened in a VIP room with no cameras. All the erased tapes would have shown is that Roethlisberger and the girl were in the same club at the same time which everyone agrees on anyway.

just clarifying that small point.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Kobe Bryant case? Duke lax players case?

These are unproven allegations from a drunk girl and her drunken friend. Where’s the evidence? The drunken ramblings of a girl who thinks her friend was harmed ?

Irrespective of whether big ben’s personal conduct is appropriate, smart, common sensical, etc. for a man of his stature anyone who demands he lose money, be suspended or face punishment IMO is another dumb Nifong.
[/quote]

The evidence would have been the security tapes that got mysteriously erased. The exam of the girl showed positive signs of rape (ie bruises and lacerations) but there was not enough DNA found to make a positive ID. Basically the story comes down to Ben saying she wanted it and the girl saying she didn’t. Drunk or not, that is the definition of date rape.

Roethlisberger signed a Code of Personal Conduct agreement, this is why he is being suspended (The NFL's Code of Conduct). You don’t need to be convicted of a crime to be suspended and/or fined. Any behavior that is detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League is grounds for suspension. There is no way Goodell could have let this one slide given Ben’s past transgressions.

[/quote]

The DA said that the incident happened in a VIP room with no cameras. All the erased tapes would have shown is that Roethlisberger and the girl were in the same club at the same time which everyone agrees on anyway.

just clarifying that small point.[/quote]

Information on the case seems to vary from source to source. I found this today: Roethlisberger inquiry bumpy which points out some glaring lapses in the handling of the case. I have also read accounts that say bruising and laceration ranged from minor to severe, so who knows.

Cameras could have shown the victim being led to the bathroom by the body guard or even just Ben buying them drinks. I think either one would have been enough to push the investigation further. The entire situation is a cluster fuck and no one really knows what happened. I’m not saying the guy should be jailed without evidence, but a suspension to punish him for being a douche bag seems reasonable enough.

I can see how a dude could slip up and let celebrity get to his head and think that all women want him and slip up once. His reputation is ruined forever. I guess thats a good reminder for all of us.

I don’t think he should have been convicted based on the evidence, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is a sleezeball who preys on drunk women. I despise men like that because I am surrounded by them on a college campus, and I could not even imagine stooping to that level. So in short, his punishment is warranted, and I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if this happens again.

I typically make it a point not to judge anyone. In this case, the suspension was appropriate. This is his SECOND accusation of sexual assault in less than a year. There shouldn’t have been a first time. You can’t really say that he has let success go to his head as they didn’t win a Superbowl this year. So I don’t see him “riding high” or anything like that. He made a choice to put himself in a compromising situation. His first mistake, walking through the doors of that bar/club.

Good things very rarely come out of those places. I think Terry Bradshaw was dead on when he said that BR is acting like an idiot, and that he needs to stay away from places like that. As for trading him, while it wouldn’t surprise me if they did, I don’t really see it happening. Too much money involved. In this case, business acumen would probably trump morals.

Man’s weakness: Bitches and Bullets

In all of the discussion about this case, I haven’t heard Kobe Bryant’s name one time. Kobe was charged and prosecuted for rape in 2003. He was also married at the time. Was anyone talking about trading Kobe at the time? Has his rep been ruined forever? Is it better to be prosecuted and declared not guilty by a jury than to not even be arrested or charged at all?

The point is, nobody will remember this in 2-3 years. The media will squeeze every ounce of juice out of this that they can get because they’re lazy and like nothing more than an easy headline. Steeler fans will be “outraged” until Ben comes back and starts tossing TDs. Time will pass, and it will be like nothing ever happened.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Rumor has it that big ben may go to the raiders for asomugha and their number 8[/quote]

That would be giving him away. Fair value would be Asomugha + 2010 1st + 2011 1st.

Is no one concerned that The Commish might be getting a God complex?..I am.

If the Steelers start off on a wining streak talking heads will milk this like a mofo and ride the QB switch hard…do they or don’t they. If they start off slow and Ben comes in and saves the day, like Steeler Nation wrote, it will be hugs and kisses all around and hoist up another trophy Ben.

God, if your reading this go with the second senario please lol.

I could see crazy Al going after Ben and betting the farm. Like Steel said this will all blow over, unless he fucks up again. I am curious, say he turns shit around and has no more fuck ups, on the trend he is on he will probably be the statistics wise the best Steelers QB of all time. So will he make the HOF? Will this shit come back to haunt him?

In all of the discussion about this case, I haven’t heard Kobe Bryant’s name one time. Kobe was charged and prosecuted for rape in 2003. He was also married at the time. Was anyone talking about trading Kobe at the time? Has his rep been ruined forever?
[/quote]

He didn’t exactly go out and slap some chick around while banging her AGAIN just 6 months later either.

Look, in my mind Ben is innocent, for better or worse, but like I said, I wouldn’t want my daughter near him, ever. Kobe either for that matter.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I could see crazy Al going after Ben and betting the farm. Like Steel said this will all blow over, unless he fucks up again. I am curious, say he turns shit around and has no more fuck ups, on the trend he is on he will probably be the statistics wise the best Steelers QB of all time. So will he make the HOF? Will this shit come back to haunt him?[/quote]

Do you think Ray Ray makes the HOF? I do. Was he an accomplise to murder?

I think with 2 SB wins it is 80% a lock. Name a semi-modern era QB that won 2 or more that hasn’t made it? I am not saying that there isn’t but I can’t recall anyone.

[quote]JGerman wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I could see crazy Al going after Ben and betting the farm. Like Steel said this will all blow over, unless he fucks up again. I am curious, say he turns shit around and has no more fuck ups, on the trend he is on he will probably be the statistics wise the best Steelers QB of all time. So will he make the HOF? Will this shit come back to haunt him?[/quote]

Do you think Ray Ray makes the HOF? I do. Was he an accomplise to murder?

I think with 2 SB wins it is 80% a lock. Name a semi-modern era QB that won 2 or more that hasn’t made it? I am not saying that there isn’t but I can’t recall anyone. [/quote]

I just dont know, with the trend in the NFL going to a zero tolerance type approach who knows in 15 years what the political HOF climate will be like. I have the opinion it should be what you do on the field but again will be interesting. Was Ray Ray the one to pull the trigger, we know that Big Ben shot his?