Big Ben 4 - 8 Games

First. (we’ll see if that holds up)

Anyway he got suspened 8 games and if he gets a mental evaluation and has good behavior it could be reduced to 4 games.

I can see both sides. He wasn’t convicted or arraingned on anything and Pac Man and Ray Ray got to come back after being with people who murdered.

He is currently a black eye for the team and league.

As a coach I don’t think he is a great role mode for younger players. That said, there are worse ones.

Big Ben to Buffalo for their first round pick? The guy is a shit head, date raping a young drunk women is lowlife punk move. If I was a steelers fan I would want his ass gone.

What happened to boys will be boys!!! C’mon…he’s Ben Fucking Rothlisberger! What broad wouldn’t want him to go long?

It’s 4-6 games, not 4-8.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
It’s 4-6 games, not 4-8.[/quote]

Steel you obviously are a big fan. What do you think? I know at first I was defending Big Ben because he had the allegation last year, but after what was released I changed my mind. Like I said in another thread I listen to Serius Sat NFL station and almost every steeler fan calling in wants him gone.

[quote]Self-Appointed Judge, Jury, & Executioner wrote:
Big Ben to Buffalo for their first round pick? The guy is a shit head, date raping a young drunk women is lowlife punk move. If I was a steelers fan I would want his ass gone.[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

It’s 4-6 games, not 4-8.[/quote]

Steel you obviously are a big fan. What do you think? I know at first I was defending Big Ben because he had the allegation last year, but after what was released I changed my mind. Like I said in another thread I listen to Serius Sat NFL station and almost every steeler fan calling in wants him gone.[/quote]

I think I won’t defend him, but I’m not going to hang him either.

I don’t know what happened any better than anyone else, but it is pretty clear he’s embarrassed the team and the league so I agree with the suspension. I don’t want to trade him.

Big Ben to Buffalo for their first round pick? The guy is a shit head, date raping a young drunk women is lowlife punk move. If I was a steelers fan I would want his ass gone.[/quote]

Fixed.[/quote]

You are right I normally dont try to judge. But from some very respected guys like Carl Banks and a few others are saying the same thing.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

You are right I normally dont try to judge. But from some very respected guys like Carl Banks and a few others are saying the same thing.[/quote]

They are just giving their .02 just like everyone else. They don’t know what happened either.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

You are right I normally dont try to judge. But from some very respected guys like Carl Banks and a few others are saying the same thing.[/quote]

They are just giving their .02 just like everyone else. They don’t know what happened either.[/quote]

So I saw they signed Leftwich in preparation, what direction do you think they will go in the draft?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

I love it when people say - Well so and so is doing it? You sound like a two year old. Who gives a sh*t what Cbanks is saying. Man up and stand on your own two.

By the way, I think Big Drunk Rape should be fired.

I think they already knew what the suspension was before the schedule was released because all of the Steelers primetime games are after their sixth game. The Steelers want a top ten pick for him which they won’t get. I imagine he stays on the team and gets his suspension reduced to four games. Either way I think the guy is a douche. Glad he isn’t on my team.

Charges were dropped, he’s a free man. Until he gets convicted of something I assume everything was consentual, even if drunkenly so.

If camera phones, close circuit TV in bars, and women who’re quick to call “assault” was the norm back in the 60’s I think we’d have much different views on guys like Joe Namath, Mickey Mantle, hell maybe even Roger Staubach and Johnny Unitas.

I think the whole thing with Big Ben is that he’s out being a playboy and he’s a millionaire and being careless about it. That doesn’t sit well with a lot of folks, and the media, espn, nfl network, and all the talk radio shows now have something to talk about at a time of year when there’s hardly ANYTHING to talk about except a lackluster draft whose format is lame this year.

And because Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball can’t hold a candle to Football.

The other thing I’m curious about is 6-Burgs new zero tolerance policy. Must have a Big Ben exemption clause?

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

I love it when people say - Well so and so is doing it? You sound like a two year old. Who gives a sh*t what Cbanks is saying. Man up and stand on your own two.

[/quote]

Well for one I did in the earlier post. Then I got reminded that I shouldnt be Judge jury and executioner. I have yet too see the press conference from the Georgia lawyer however Mr. Banks did. I can make my own opinion from information from a reliable source correct? Where did you get your Opinion of the “Big Drunk Rape”?

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Kobe Bryant case? Duke lax players case?

These are unproven allegations from a drunk girl and her drunken friend. Where’s the evidence? The drunken ramblings of a girl who thinks her friend was harmed ?

Irrespective of whether big ben’s personal conduct is appropriate, smart, common sensical, etc. for a man of his stature anyone who demands he lose money, be suspended or face punishment IMO is another dumb Nifong.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Charges were dropped, he’s a free man. Until he gets convicted of something I assume everything was consentual, even if drunkenly so.

If camera phones, close circuit TV in bars, and women who’re quick to call “assault” was the norm back in the 60’s I think we’d have much different views on guys like Joe Namath, Mickey Mantle, hell maybe even Roger Staubach and Johnny Unitas.

I think the whole thing with Big Ben is that he’s out being a playboy and he’s a millionaire and being careless about it. That doesn’t sit well with a lot of folks, and the media, espn, nfl network, and all the talk radio shows now have something to talk about at a time of year when there’s hardly ANYTHING to talk about except a lackluster draft whose format is lame this year.

And because Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball can’t hold a candle to Football.

The other thing I’m curious about is 6-Burgs new zero tolerance policy. Must have a Big Ben exemption clause?
[/quote]

$100 million franchise QBs get a lot more rope than a top 20 WR with one year left on his rookie deal. The organization gave Ben a huge signing bonus two years ago, and they can’t recoup any of that money if they trade him. The Rooneys are old-school Irish, so you can be damn sure they aren’t going to absorb that kind of a loss unless he gets in trouble again.

It’s a simple business decision. I will be shocked if they trade him. Steelers fans may be upset now, but they’ll be screaming bloody murder if we trade him and end up 6-10 this year.

And, ultimately, it’s the publics’/medias fault that all this BS turns into a national sports story to begin with.

On the field: we want to see steely-eyed killers with ice in their veins and a penchant for causing bodily harm to each other without regard to themselves, their bodies, or especially the well being of their opponent.

Off the field: we want these same death-dealers to be jogging around cones in their jerseys with kids during United Way commercials or wearing aprons over their jerseys while they’re serving food to homeless people.

These guys are trying to exist in a setting that requires them to have a foot in both extremes of society’s expectations of men, for what… To get filleted every time they miss a step and bang a broad in a Milledgville bar?

I’m not saying that what Ben did or didn’t do in that bar wasn’t dumb and irresponsible, because it was. He shoulda known better, especially after the Lake Tahoe thing, but does that make him a poorer football player, especially since there’s no charges leavied on him at this time?

Nope.

Winning’s what matters

The judgements’ been made, the QB will do his time in a baseball hat on the sidelines, done and done.

Stop vilifying him from here on out and trying to turn him into another Jesse James FFS.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well for one I did in the earlier post. Then I got reminded that I shouldnt be Judge jury and executioner. I have yet too see the press conference from the Georgia lawyer however Mr. Banks did. I can make my own opinion from information from a reliable source correct? Where did you get your Opinion of the “Big Drunk Rape”? [/quote]

I base my opinion on the negative publicity that he’s brought his employer. If you decrease the customer base for your company, you will be fired. I have no idea whether he’s guilty or not and don’t care unless its my kid. FYI -not personal, I just don’t like it when people say “because so&so said”. You can be Jude Jury and Executioner all you want. We can all be what ever we want when we grow up right. Pro sports player and/or rapist.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well for one I did in the earlier post. Then I got reminded that I shouldnt be Judge jury and executioner. I have yet too see the press conference from the Georgia lawyer however Mr. Banks did. I can make my own opinion from information from a reliable source correct? Where did you get your Opinion of the “Big Drunk Rape”? [/quote]

I base my opinion on the negative publicity that he’s brought his employer. If you decrease the customer base for your company, you will be fired. I have no idea whether he’s guilty or not and don’t care unless its my kid. FYI -not personal, I just don’t like it when people say “because so&so said”. You can be Jude Jury and Executioner all you want. We can all be what ever we want when we grow up right. Pro sports player and/or rapist.
[/quote]

Cool and I also agree on the negative publicity for the league in general. I love football and do not want to see the NFL get labeled. But I also do not like men who date rape women and then get off because it comes down to a he said she said. In this case it fell at the grand jury and she dropped charges because she realized (or was told by Ben’s high priced lawyers) it was going to be a he said she said.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Kobe Bryant case? Duke lax players case?

These are unproven allegations from a drunk girl and her drunken friend. Where’s the evidence? The drunken ramblings of a girl who thinks her friend was harmed ?

Irrespective of whether big ben’s personal conduct is appropriate, smart, common sensical, etc. for a man of his stature anyone who demands he lose money, be suspended or face punishment IMO is another dumb Nifong.
[/quote]

The evidence would have been the security tapes that got mysteriously erased. The exam of the girl showed positive signs of rape (ie bruises and lacerations) but there was not enough DNA found to make a positive ID. Basically the story comes down to Ben saying she wanted it and the girl saying she didn’t. Drunk or not, that is the definition of date rape.

Roethlisberger signed a Code of Personal Conduct agreement, this is why he is being suspended (The NFL's Code of Conduct). You don’t need to be convicted of a crime to be suspended and/or fined. Any behavior that is detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League is grounds for suspension. There is no way Goodell could have let this one slide given Ben’s past transgressions.