T Nation

Biden's Lies and Plagarism

"Biden not only lifted – as The New York Times reported – Kinnock’s “phrases, gestures and lyrical Welsh syntax intact,” but also his entire life story.

"According to Vice Plagiarist Biden’s own autobiography, his father was to the manor born. Biden’s grandfather was an executive with the American Oil Co., and his father had all the advantages in life. “My dad,” Biden writes in “Promises to Keep,” “grew up well polished by gentlemanly pursuits. He would ride to the hounds, drive fast, fly airplanes. He knew good clothes, fine horses, the newest dance steps.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28256

Working Class hero!!! LOL!!! Another limosine lib…

Yeah, good choice there Barack…little elitist…little aristocrat…

Yes, HH, so many politicians started off poor. I’m sure you could spout of a list of, what, six Republicans that started life under middle class?

Why does coming from a rich/intelligent line of people make you a bad Presidential candidate? The effects it has on policy can matter, but that’s obviously NOT what you’re talking about here now.

Are you jealous or just a funny troll? D:

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Why does coming from a rich/intelligent line of people make you a bad Presidential candidate? The effects it has on policy can matter, but that’s obviously NOT what you’re talking about here now.[/quote]

I think it is hypocritical, to say the least, when the Kennedy’s, the Biden’s, the Rockefeller’s, the Kerry’s et al try to pretend they are common folk when they are as blue blooded as the richest republican.

THey live for class envy/warfare.

There’s nothing at all wrong with being rich - so why must it be villified? I would wager that 99% of the US population wants to be wealthy. Punishing those that are is nothing but jealousy, and an attempt to take what you can’t make.

Think hypocrisy, kiddo. I think that’s what HH is getting at.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Yes, HH, so many politicians started off poor. I’m sure you could spout of a list of, what, six Republicans that started life under middle class?

Why does coming from a rich/intelligent line of people make you a bad Presidential candidate? The effects it has on policy can matter, but that’s obviously NOT what you’re talking about here now.

Are you jealous or just a funny troll? D:[/quote]

That’s not he the point though. I hold nothing against anybody in either party for being born well and making use of the fruits of that high state. Many of those people have been capable public servants. Neither does a rags to riches story make somebody one by itself.

The problem is when these guys try to misrepresent their past and upbringing for political gain. Especially when they use it to justify huge spending programs of other people’s money.

That was Coulter’s point.

Kinnock really did come up from nothing. He points out how British society would prevent the rise of the talented because of class. Its an inspirational story.

Biden is Kinnock’s opposite, in the sense that Grandpa Biden WAS an aristocrat. Then, Biden’s admiration for dear old grandpaw might lend one to think that Joe wants to be an aristocrat like gramps.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

I think it is hypocritical, to say the least, when the Kennedy’s, the Biden’s, the Rockefeller’s, the Kerry’s et al try to pretend they are common folk when they are as blue blooded as the richest republican.

There’s nothing at all wrong with being rich - so why must it be villified? I would wager that 99% of the US population wants to be wealthy. Punishing those that are is nothing but jealousy, and an attempt to take what you can’t make.

Think hypocrisy, kiddo. I think that’s what HH is getting at. [/quote]

And I agree, it is hypocritical. But saying only Democrats do? That’s laughable. Both sides are equally wealthy. In fact, I’d be willing to wager that the GOP (the congressmen+advisors+etc) is slightly more wealthy, just due to the average wage difference on the whole.

Yeah, Cheney is just a regular dude who hunts… with rich buddies in an enclosed filled with paid for pheasants.

Both sides are equally guilty of this level of hypocrisy.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

And I agree, it is hypocritical. But saying only Democrats do? That’s laughable. Both sides are equally wealthy. In fact, I’d be willing to wager that the GOP (the congressmen+advisors+etc) is slightly more wealthy, just due to the average wage difference on the whole.

Yeah, Cheney is just a regular dude who hunts… with rich buddies in an enclosed filled with paid for pheasants.

Both sides are equally guilty of this level of hypocrisy. [/quote]

The hypocrisy is not in being rich. In fact, most conservatives I know relish the idea that they have ass loads of money.

The hypocrisy lies in campaigning as if you are down with the struggle, but fly off in your GS-5 as soon as the speech is over.

The liberals want to punish the rich to give to the poor. The conservatives wants everyone to be rich by giving them opportunities to participate in the american dream.

There is a difference.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Both sides are equally guilty of this level of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy is not in being rich. In fact, most conservatives I know relish the idea that they have ass loads of money.

The hypocrisy lies in campaigning as if you are down with the struggle, but fly off in your GS-5 as soon as the speech is over.

The liberals want to punish the rich to give to the poor. The conservatives wants everyone to be rich by giving them opportunities to participate in the american dream.

There is a difference.
[/quote]

Conservatives also recognize that at no time in history and at no time in the future will everybody be the same despite the pull down the mountains and raise up the valleys utopian stargazers.

Here’s a hijack. For further awe inspiring hypocrisy how bout when one of these double breasted, 200 dollars a shoe leftists give one of their speeches about how you don’t have the right to a weapon for self and home protection while they’re surrounded by highly trained, armed government agents with a license to kill?

The point about Biden’s father actually having been born into privilege, rather than into nothing as Biden claimed, is that it makes Biden’s plagiarism of Kinnock not only plagiarism but just complete fraud.

Kinnock’s point in speaking of where his father came from had to do with the fact that in the British class-based society, rising up beyond the accomplishments and status that a family had already achieved is largely blocked by society. Who would have thought, given where his father started from, that his son would be leader of the Labor Party.

Now, if Biden’s family life story were indeed parallel to Kinnock’s, then at least his explanation of why he used the speech (altering it only by plugging in a few differing personal details) was that it also told his own story, albeit that in America it’s not unusual to surpass one’s parents and is in no way blocked by society, would at least, though not excusing plagiarism, be a potential reasonable explanation of where he got the idea to do it.

But the truth that in fact his father was born to very privileged position means that taking Kinnock’s speech (with personalized detail changes) and claiming it as his own life story was just total fraud and the impetus for doing it had nothing to do with him actually seeing his own situation in it.

The quote about his father being to the manor born has NOTHING to do with class warfare / class envy, but rather to do with the fact that it shows Biden was totally lying.

The Biden quote I like more, though, is the “I’m sure I have a much higher IQ than you do,” said no less than twice, to a questioner who politely asked him about his accomplishments, this being in an earlier Presidential run.

Added Biden points were scored by lying about what he did in law school as well, but just the IQ response alone is enough to say plenty about the man.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
<<< The Biden quote I like more, though, is the “I’m sure I have a much higher IQ than you do,” said no less than twice, to a questioner who politely asked him about his accomplishments, this being in an earlier Presidential run.

Added Biden points were scored by lying about what he did in law school as well, but just the IQ response alone is enough to say plenty about the man.

[/quote]

That was great!!!

That clip just begs to become an external ad from somebody.