T Nation

Biceps Soreness - This Is A First For Me

I did the pullovers the same way only I did more of them. I do know that I felt them more when I did 30 instead of 10.
Scott

I do recall Dr Darden saying I’m of the type that should vary my workouts often. I’m a stick in the mud when it comes to that so maybe I should listen to that and vary it up more often. How often, who knows ?
Scott

How about having three different workouts rotating? Differences in excercise selection and cadences in between them? For example I previously rotated 30-30-30, 30-10-30 and 4/4 cadence over a period of 3 months. Throwing in the occasional negative accentuated every other workout. That is if you would like to keep a Darden perspective on it. I made some serious development in strength and muscle following that procedure - why shouldn’t you?

1 Like

That could work and I certainly want to keep a Darden perspective to it ! Seriously, who else is there!
Scott

1 Like

Jim Wendler, Jon Andersen, John Meadows, Christian Thibeaudeau, Paul Carter, Mike Israetel, Scott Stevenson, Dave Tate, Louie Simmons, Joe DeFranco, Dan John, Al Kavadlo, Kroc, Hany Rambod, Charles Glass, Dante Trudel, and probably 20 more people I can’t remember, covering everything from HIT to powerlifting to bodybuilding to calisthenics! Don’t forget Arthur Jones, as Darden’s current not-to-failure philosophy goes against much of Jones’ philosophy.

Of course - if you like Darden, you shouldn’t let anyone tell you to do anything different, just pointing out that all of these people have different methods that will all lead to impressive results.

3 Likes

If the 30 reputations allows you to connect with the muscle better, then I think it’s a sign that high rep sets to failure should be your go-to, at least for lat exercises. And the literature seems to suggest that you get just as good of a hypertrophic response from high rep sets as you do low rep sets as long as they’re approaching or reaching failure, and in your case, with the better mind-muscle connection, could offer a better growth stimulus.

1 Like

There is no DOMS in tendons. You can injure a tendon, but you won’t get DOMS in it after a workout.