T Nation

Biceps Pain

okey, I just did a set of 6 rep barbell biceps curls, did feel pretty easy for my arms but they where like filled with lightning, if you?ve ever tryed to flex your bicep rock hard then you know what kind of lighting I?m talkin about, anyway. The whole arm got that feeling, what was that ? and no, probably not overtraining because I havent trained seriously for 3 weeks.

LOL! It's called a pump.

and that is in a scienecefistic way ?=D

you know i have something like that happen, i dont know what a pump is but but after i just finish curling weight and flex my arm realy hard, it gives off a short burst of that tingley feeling that you have when your arm has fallen asleep and woken back up, but only if i keep it flexed. is that the lightning your talking about?

Ahh,how about quit being little bitch and suck it up?

Do you come to the Beginner Forum to make yourself feel superior like this? How is that going for you?

I've never experienced this pump, but I dont think I've ever flexed a muscle after working it out. Can someone with something constructive to say let us know what this sensation is and if its good or not?

Much Appreciated.

How the heck can you flex after you lift weight?

After lifting weights, my muscles are always hard and I can't flex.

Basically, the pump refers to the look and feeling when the muscles being trained engorge with blood.

You could also put it this way...

"The greatest feeling you can get in the gym or the most satisfying in the gym is the pump. Let's say you train your biceps - blood is rushing into your muscles and that is what we call the pump. Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to explode any minute and it's really tight like someone blowing air into your muscles. It just blows up and it feels different. It feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I'm like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pose out in front of 5000 people. I get the same feeling so I'm cumming day and night. I mean it's teriffic right, so you know, I'm in heaven."

• Ahnuld -

The question if there is any benefit in achieving a pump has been discussed here already: