Bicep Veins

some people have veins showing in their biceps all day long.

I can see them sometimes, depending if i’m training, if my arm is flexed, or the position of my arm.

I would like to have them showing all day long. Is it just a matter of keep increasing the weight and training harder?

The people who have them showing all the time could you tell us when did it happen and what you were doing at those moments training wise?

Genetics…

[quote]trap_builder wrote:
some people have veins showing in their biceps all day long.

I can see them sometimes, depending if i’m training, if my arm is flexed, or the position of my arm.

I would like to have them showing all day long. Is it just a matter of keep increasing the weight and training harder?

The people who have them showing all the time could you tell us when did it happen and what you were doing at those moments training wise?[/quote]

This is largely a factor of genetics and how lean you are. If you were in contest shape, you would be able to see your veins…unless you have NO muscle mass whatsoever. For some people, their bodies simply carry too much subcutaneous water (even at relatively lean body fat percentaged) or they don’t lean out in certain areas until their body fat levels are very low.

Muscle size can also play a factor as the bigger the muscle gets, the larger the need for blood so the larger the veins in the area become to handle the blood volume. Ronnie Coleman has a huge vein running down his biceps that is as large as some kids’ arms. Naturally, if he had no significant muscle mass, he wouldn’t have veins quite that large.

That means if you can’t see yours, either get leaner, get bigger or both.

I too am a victim of no-vascularity in the bicep. Like prof said…I’d have to go down to 5% to see anything. I’m around 14 and I cant see Jack and I know I’m growing. The stats say so.

My dad has no muscle mass whatsoever, but he has the veins clar as day. He also has a head of hair as thick as Micheal Landon did.

I got the shorter end of some genetics myself.

I can see my vein all day long right now…generally anytime I’m under the 14% bodyfat mark I can see it…12% or less it significantly sticks out.

Might also throw in your skin color and lighting too.

It doesn’t take much mass if you’re already pretty lean. I’ve got vascularity on my biceps and most people would scoff at the size of my arms.

Much as i like the bicep vein, now i’ve recently hit 12% BF, the veins all over my forarms are popping out, sometimes looks freaky, but i like it!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I’m around 14 and I cant see Jack and I know I’m growing. [/quote]

You look much older.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I’m around 14 and I cant see Jack and I know I’m growing.

You look much older.[/quote]

Smart ass Jedi master strikes again.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I can see my vein all day long right now…generally anytime I’m under the 14% bodyfat mark I can see it…12% or less it significantly sticks out. [/quote]

oh shit…Did anyone else out there read this and laugh out loud?! Anyone?

Temprature and shedding heat makes a difference too.