Bicep Tendinosis and Possible Labral Tear

Hi all,

I have pain in my right shoulder since october. Pain is in front and sometimes on top of shoulder and there is slight laxity and instability. I also have a very marked atrophy of my supraspinatus and infraspinatus. Pain is provoked by forward flexion (weighted) and bench pressing motion. Overhead press doesn’t hurt as bad but I stopped any pressing/pulling for now. I do some scapular stabilisation and rotator cuff exercises that’s all for upper body.

So anyway, I got an standard MRI done without contrast. MRI showed a long head of bicep tendinosis and an 11mm labral cyst. Rotator cuff seems intact. GP doctor wants to try a cortisone shot to see if it helps before I see an orthopedic surgeon since it will probably be like 3 mouths before I see one. I’m not convinced on the shot because of the cyst.

Any of you think I should go for an MR arthogram ? I heard labral tears are hard to see on standard MRI. GP doctor doesn’t think there’s a tear but I wonder why there would be a cyst with no tear…

Thank you.

[quote]PHGN wrote:
Hi all,

I have pain in my right shoulder since october. Pain is in front and sometimes on top of shoulder and there is slight laxity and instability. I also have a very marked atrophy of my supraspinatus and infraspinatus. Pain is provoked by forward flexion (weighted) and bench pressing motion. Overhead press doesn’t hurt as bad but I stopped any pressing/pulling for now. I do some scapular stabilisation and rotator cuff exercises that’s all for upper body.

So anyway, I got an standard MRI done without contrast. MRI showed a long head of bicep tendinosis and an 11mm labral cyst. Rotator cuff seems intact. GP doctor wants to try a cortisone shot to see if it helps before I see an orthopedic surgeon since it will probably be like 3 mouths before I see one. I’m not convinced on the shot because of the cyst.

Any of you think I should go for an MR arthogram ? I heard labral tears are hard to see on standard MRI. GP doctor doesn’t think there’s a tear but I wonder why there would be a cyst with no tear…

Thank you.[/quote]

They’re are to see period