Bicep Reattachment Surgery?

[quote]BoomCityBaby wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
OP,

Have you ever had surgery? Do you have any idea how long you will be out of commission while recovering? Do you realize that once you cut or remove something, it is never, repeat that, NEVER, the same again? You are considering to have your biceps tendon cut and reattached for the illusion of a longer muscle belly, at the expense of it’s structural integrity?

I will bet you a buffalo nickel, that you will not lift (in terms of poundages) the amount of weight you used to if you have this surgery. I could and will argue that your arm will be compromised of growth since your ability to go heavy will lost. Your arm will not be as strong as it once was, but if you insist and I could certainly use the laugh, please keep us informed.

[/quote]

To be frank, that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Living with a short bicep muscle belly is simply not fair at all. At this point I can’t even wear short sleeves and I’ve cut off all contact from my friends who have long bicep muscle bellies. It’s just not fair.
[/quote]

Ask the surgeon if he’ll throw in a lobotomy while you’re at it.

[quote]BoomCityBaby wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Albert Beckles thinks you should love the short biceps and get rid of the Shawn Ray avi, since he was a big pussy.

That is all.

[/quote]

Lmao, admittedly, Ray was pretty arrogant when it came to competing, but he had a great physique. Beckles biceps look good flexed-and that’s really it; which is the exact same case as my biceps.[/quote]

Yes, he was pretty arrogant and he liked to fuck with the other competitors heads… Like Flex Wheeler.

His physique didn’t change all that much from the time he started competing in the Olympia, but he usually looked great. His back was his only real flaw.

Well on March 11, 2011 I tore my left biceps tendon clear off the bone. On March 18, 2011 I had surgery to put it back on again. I spent 3 weeks in a cast, I’ve been in a brace now for a little over a week and I have another 6 or 7 weeks left in this. In this time my arm has gone from about 18" to around 13" and it’s getting a little smaller every day.

The doc told me that I could expect to be back to rehab when the brace comes off around the end of May, I can expect to be back up to about where I was before the accident in a year or so.

A year.

I assume you’re trolling because nobody could be stupid enough to want to do this voluntarily.

STU

troll thread, fuck me for taking the bait

Are there not baseball throwers that occasionally tear a ligament in their arm (UCL??) and they get some sort of reconstructive surgery that replaces the tendon with some odd material that I don’t know the name of.

Other throwers who didn’t have the surgery than complained that the material is actually superior to normal ligaments and gives these reconstructed throwers an advantage.

Most normal people may not do it but I can see the top of the top doing weird stuff like this.

Even if this is a troll thread, as insane as it is, what do you guys think of reconstructive/enhancing surgery? What sort of problems would it cause? Unlike steroids it’s not exactly something players/competitors can stop doing even if they wanted to since it’s part of them.
I don’t think it will really catch on at any level of competition, but I could be wrong.

The doc did tell me some good news which is that the new attachment is stronger than the original ever was so I’ll never do this same sort of injury on this side again, that’s a nice bonus.

Does that mean I’ve considered doing this on the right side to get that bicep built up a little stronger too?

Are you fucking kidding me?

while it’s a wonderful outcome for a hugely traumatic injury and surgery somehow I think I’ll pass on taking a year off of my sport and a few months of having two hands to use simply to make something that works fine just a little stronger.

STU

Just pump some synthol in there. Your biceps will be full in no time with no surgery required. You’re welcome.

[quote]Sturat wrote:
The doc did tell me some good news which is that the new attachment is stronger than the original ever was so I’ll never do this same sort of injury on this side again, that’s a nice bonus.

Does that mean I’ve considered doing this on the right side to get that bicep built up a little stronger too?

Are you fucking kidding me?

while it’s a wonderful outcome for a hugely traumatic injury and surgery somehow I think I’ll pass on taking a year off of my sport and a few months of having two hands to use simply to make something that works fine just a little stronger.

STU[/quote]

How dare you come up in here with common sense like that.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Just pump some synthol in there. Your biceps will be full in no time with no surgery required. You’re welcome.[/quote]

Genius.