Bicep Gap

I will admit to being slightly proud of that one, ha. Have at it.

That’s an achievable goal before you’re 19. Check this thread. The dude’s taller than you (5’10"), in his mid-30s (33), and went from 135 to 165 in about four months of steady eating and consistent work. Legit 5/3/1 success story. The pictures are freaking bananas.

You’re a young dude with natural hormonal advantages (and, likely, less general responsibilities/stress and better chance to just eat-school-eat-train-eat-sleep), so it’s 100% possible for you to do similar in a similar amount of time.

The polyps are obviously a valid issue (that wouldn’t have hurt to mention earlier), but like Flip said, if you can’t handle a giant breakfast, do what you can and make up for it later on. If you have medical nutrition issues, those are obviously something to work around and aren’t the norm.

[quote]So just log every meal for a week straight, should I be looking at the
amount of calories each day and see how much more I need and fit that in
the day?[/quote]
Log everything you eat, not just “meals”. Specifically the what, how much (roughly/guesstimate), and when (important to see how long between meals, how long you’re going without eating, etc.). Like I said, don’t even worry about counting the numbers if you’re even slightly hesitant about it because that can seem overwhelming to some people, and the simple habit of tracking is a start to get some info to build from.

This is exactly why it took you 4 months to put on 5 pounds. You can’t worry about “dirty bulking” because the term doesn’t apply to your situation. Your body is at such a far end of the bell curve and you have everything lined up to see major progress quickly - young, underweight, lean dudes who train hard and eat plenty almost cannot get fat if they tried, so they need to try. Get what I’m saying?