BHO Calls for Gun Control

Well, the man hasn’t even been elected a week and he’s already calling for gun control. From www.change.gov:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn’t have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

We will have an authoritarian on our hands gentlemen. Mark my words.

mike

The man has been very clear on what his intentions are regarding gun control.

The first step indeed Mike.

And what if my streets become a battlefield?

Where are all the guys on this board who said Obama wouldn’t make a grab for guns because he now has a new point of view?

This is just the beginning too. Wait till Obama’s economic package makes the economy worse and crime goes up as a result. It will give him the perfect excuse to ratchet up the restrictions even further resulting in more crime and another excuse for more restrictions.

The Republicans had better get their shit together and start being a lot less polarizing otherwise eight years from now there very little you can own if anything.

No one said Obama wouldn’t enact gun regulation. What people said is that the fundamental right to bear arms won’t be eradicated. I still don’t think it will. How do gun traces and fighting the illegal arms trade prevent you as a law-abiding citizen from owning a gun for protection?

The economic issues are a much more realistic concern and very worrisome. He has much more broadscale support to pass his iniatives and nothing in the Constitutuion to stop him from going too far.

First of all, when you hear the word “commonsense” coming out of a politician’s mouth, run for the hills. The “commonsense” of the American people has been loud and clear on issues like the AWB…stop pushing for bullshit like that.

When exactly did he say this Mike? With the Russian bear growling, every indication that the economy is truly headed for the tank and increasing terrorist chatter about a major attack in the next few months, his concern is gun control schemes?

If you truly are outraged about this, there is one step you can take that I know of to defend your rights in the immediate future…support the NRA. Send more money, recruit more members and let your local politicians know where you stand. It is your moral obligation to do so if you believe in liberty and the right to self determination.

This guy is going to go after everything, ammo, shooting ranges, types of guns all in the name of “common sense” but what it really will be is infringement on our second amendment rights.

can someone explain to be what effect last summers supreme court decision on gun rights, and how our new master can impliment his version of gun control? or will there be a court fight over every gun restriction he tries to pull of.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Well, the man hasn’t even been elected a week and he’s already calling for gun control. From www.change.gov:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn’t have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

We will have an authoritarian on our hands gentlemen. Mark my words.

mike[/quote]

What if we form one of those things protected by the constitution on our own, a militia.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:

What if we form one of those things protected by the constitution on our own, a militia.

[/quote]

What if?

This.

http://www.rense.com/general77/clamp.htm

"A successful counterinsurgency will result in the neutralization by the state of the insurgency and its effort to form a counterstate. While many abortive insurgencies are defeated by military and police actions alone, if an insurgency has tapped into serious grievances and has mobilized a significant portion of the population, simply returning to the status quo may not be an option. Reform may be necessary, but reform is a matter for the state, using all of its human and material resources. Security forces are only one such resource. "

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
apbt55 wrote:

What if?

This.

http://www.rense.com/general77/clamp.htm

"A successful counterinsurgency will result in the neutralization by the state of the insurgency and its effort to form a counterstate. While many abortive insurgencies are defeated by military and police actions alone, if an insurgency has tapped into serious grievances and has mobilized a significant portion of the population, simply returning to the status quo may not be an option. Reform may be necessary, but reform is a matter for the state, using all of its human and material resources. Security forces are only one such resource. "
[/quote]

rense is a joke.

[quote]toejam wrote:
can someone explain to be what effect last summers supreme court decision on gun rights, and how our new master can impliment his version of gun control? or will there be a court fight over every gun restriction he tries to pull of.[/quote]

The court said that every INDIVIDUAL has the right to keep a gun at home for self-defense. And bans are unconstitutional. But the holding was narrow. It explictly allows for government regulation. It stated that guns can be prohibited near schools and in government buildings.

There probably will be lots of challenges to different regulations, rightly or wrongly. That is the nature of people.

Update: After this getting out enough, Our Dear Leader Obama has sent the entire agenda tab down the memory hole.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Update: After this getting out enough, Our Dear Leader Obama has sent the entire agenda tab down the memory hole.

mike[/quote]

Well, let’s start figuring out how to make semiautomatic rifles a cottage industry. Let’s also start figuring out how to stash them.

[quote]toejam wrote:
can someone explain to be what effect last summers supreme court decision on gun rights, and how our new master can impliment his version of gun control? or will there be a court fight over every gun restriction he tries to pull of.[/quote]

Ever heard of death by a thousand qualifications?

Can’t mexicans smuggle them in over the border for us?

I don’t think Obama understands that murderers don’t follow the law. How is putting regulations on semi-automatic weapons going to stop gangbangers from getting their hands on them? Does he think they register their weapons?

Once again…guns don’t kill people, people do.

[quote]theOUTLAW wrote:
I don’t think Obama understands that murderers don’t follow the law. How is putting regulations on semi-automatic weapons going to stop gangbangers from getting their hands on them? Does he think they register their weapons?

Once again…guns don’t kill people, people do.[/quote]

Actually what I think Obama understands very well is that most good citizens do follow the law. This makes it easier for authoritarians to enact their edicts.

mike

I don’t recognize Obama’s, or this government’s, authority to take away my so-called “assault” weapons.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
I don’t recognize Obama’s, or this government’s, authority to take away my so-called “assault” weapons.[/quote]

You can say this all you want, but I doubt you’re going to keep the guns if laws are passed to ban them. Anyone here for that matter.