BF% Estimate Please

Currently 6’2, 172 lbs last weigh in. Im thinking 13% or so. Trying to cut to 10% and then start a long slow bulk as its def needed… I know I’m pretty light for my size, but I dont look extremely small do I? Not a whole lotta LBM, but I’m not as puny as people keep telling me I am(I’d like to think)

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated.

Please do not take this a flame or bash but,… you are def as small as every one is telling you. I honestly wouldn’t even guess you lift weights or even do bodyweight stuff seriously. Skip the cutting and just start the bulk man. You have no business losing any more weight and are going to look ever weaker and smaller for it. If this is harsh I apologize but, you need to hear it.

Can you re-take the photo, but this time hold up a shoe.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

HAHAHA I wish we had a like button. Do you know the name of the original hold up a shoe for better bodyfat estimate Thread. I know the story behind it but, have never actually gotten to read the thread.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

HAHAHA I wish we had a like button. Do you know the name of the original hold up a shoe for better bodyfat estimate Thread. I know the story behind it but, have never actually gotten to read the thread.[/quote]
I cant remember the original thread, but I remember reading it. Its an absolute T-Nation classic. Deserves a sticky.

tweet

You are skinny. I am 6’2" 240 and I still feel very small. As for BF%, looks low enough to not worry about cutting until you put on some serious mass.

SQUATS AND MILK!

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

HAHAHA I wish we had a like button. Do you know the name of the original hold up a shoe for better bodyfat estimate Thread. I know the story behind it but, have never actually gotten to read the thread.[/quote]

EliteBalla

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

Damn you, I was going to make tha… uhmm… point out that crucial element of precise BF estimation!

To the OP:
You do NOT need to cut. You need to start lifting heavy and eating. If you cut now, you’ll end up looking more or less like Christian Bale in the Machinist. In order to look good at a very low BF% you’ll need a lot more weight at your height. Don’t believe me? Try to find pictures of someone who is the same height as you, has similar limb/torso proportions and the look you’re aiming for. I guarantee you he weighs more than you think.

I agree with all. In def need of some mass.

I’m super good at packing on fat though…I’ve been in Afghan for the last 2.5 years(came here as a fatty), and will be home in a week. Would love to enjoy not working for a bit, while sitting on the beach and not being a fat ass. Gonna start CBL in about a month or so.

Focus on gaining.

If you say you have a predisposition to gain fat, just work on your insulin sensitivity, go clean, go for slow gains (which is a subjective thing, but an average of two pounds per month still puts you at 24 pounds in a year) and you’ll be fine.

My insulin sensitivity should be pretty damn good by now I would imagine. My cutting has been keto, along with IF.

As mentioned, thinking of CBL or a CKD/TKD type. Any thoughts or recommendations on that?

When I first started trying to get in shape, it was very easy to drop the girst 50 pounds. I then stalled out for a long time, close to 4 months, and was eating super low cals to where it wouldnt really have been healthy to drop any lower with my TDEE. Switched over to keto/CNS and the weight flew off, even after upping my cals back up to 2,500 daily. I know a lot of people seem to be sort of anti-keto, but it works really well for me.