Beyond Ridiculous

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

This is really all about how the cop started it, his initial attitude and tone of voice.

[/quote]

From what I understand, I have to disagree. His rudeness doesn’t excuse her from blocking the ability of a person to move for 20 minutes. I assume this also blocked all the other customers, too. If she’s not moving, and now he can’t move, how can anyone behind both of them move? Seems to me she’s disrupting a business on private property while pulling the “I aint moving till I speak to the Chief of Police himself” crap. Just move up and let people out!

Let’s imagine one of us is stuck behind someone who refuses to allow us out. It wouldn’t take but 5 minutes before I’d have the police stop in. Another 10 minutes and I’m going to ask those police to please take her into custody and move the damn vehicle.

Anyways, I wonder if she ordered the #2 value meal. Mmmm.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

This is really all about how the cop started it, his initial attitude and tone of voice.

From what I understand, I have to disagree. His rudeness doesn’t excuse her from blocking the ability of a person to move for 20 minutes. I assume this also blocked all the other customers, too. If she’s not moving, and now he can’t move, how can anyone behind both of them move? Seems to me she’s disrupting a business on private property while pulling the “I aint moving till I speak to the Chief of Police himself” crap. Just move up and let people out!

Let’s imagine one of us is stuck behind someone who refuses to allow us out. It wouldn’t take but 5 minutes before I’d have the police stop in. Another 10 minutes and I’m going to ask those police to please take her into custody and move the damn vehicle.[/quote]

The first news report I heard described the scene as the cop “layed on the horn” then when she didn’t move, he walked up and asked for her license and registration. Did she know that she was blocking him in? Maybe she thought he had room to get around.

Again, I’m not taking her side, I’m just saying that there’s a right way to handle these situations, and if the cop can’t exercise a little discretion, he shouldn’t have a badge.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Let’s imagine one of us is stuck behind someone who refuses to allow us out. It wouldn’t take but 5 minutes before I’d have the police stop in. Another 10 minutes and I’m going to ask those police to please take her into custody and move the damn vehicle.[/quote]

No matter how rude she thinks the cop may have been she should have moved her car. That leads me to believe she was the one being unreasonable throughout the whole incident.

The cop made a mistake arresting her. He could have dealt with it better. Perhaps making her take a sobriety test or something similar.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
John S. wrote:
She was in the wrong here. She blocked him from being able to then do his job. If I pulled my car in front of your driveway and refused to move you would get pissed too. The cop may have gone overboard a bit but the old hag had it coming.

I didn’t know scoring a Big Mac was part of a policeman’s job description? [/quote]

See like every other human being Cops have to eat. and what is great about his Job is he can go pick up a bite on his route, 3 minutes is not to bad to go grab some lunch.(3 minutes is how long this should have taken).

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

The cop made a mistake arresting her. He could have dealt with it better. Perhaps making her take a sobriety test or something similar.

[/quote]

I’m not sure there was any other way of moving the car without taking her into custody. If she wasn’t going to move over a 20 minute period, having been notified that he couldn’t move and go about his duty, I don’t know that there was any options left to move the vehicle. Maybe he could have had it towed with her in it? Seems to me he’s forced to take her into custody if only to legaly take control of her vehicle and move it out of the way. But, I’m not claiming to understand how the law comes into play here.

[quote]John S. wrote:
pat36 wrote:
John S. wrote:
She was in the wrong here. She blocked him from being able to then do his job. If I pulled my car in front of your driveway and refused to move you would get pissed too. The cop may have gone overboard a bit but the old hag had it coming.

I didn’t know scoring a Big Mac was part of a policeman’s job description?

See like every other human being Cops have to eat. and what is great about his Job is he can go pick up a bite on his route, 3 minutes is not to bad to go grab some lunch.(3 minutes is how long this should have taken).[/quote]

He should make better food choices. McDonalds is crap.

[quote]pat36 wrote:

He should make better food choices. McDonalds is crap.[/quote]

Maybe he got a McSalad.