Beyond Ridiculous

http://www.local6.com/news/15098343/detail.html

Police: Grandmother Arrested At McDonald’s Drive-Thru For Not Pulling Car Forward

Authorities said Jean Merola, a grandmother of eight, was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused an officer’s orders to move her car while she waited for the coffee and fries she ordered at the drive-through window.

Merola said the McDonald’s employees told her to wait there for her food.

Merola was handcuffed behind her back and put in the cruiser.

Another officer arrived and took her to the Pinellas County Jail .

Merola said she was searched, photographed and fingerprinted.

Jail records show she was released about 90 minutes later on her own recognizance.

"Obey my command or go to jail!"

Hey, at least she wasn't tased.

This is what my dad's stolen income is paying for in Pinellas County?

That’ll teach her to hold up the drive-thru line! I could have been late for the breakfast menu!

I wonder what precipitated the cops involvement and what she was charged with.

I thought something was missing. Other sources reported that the charge was disorderly conduct. How’d the cops get involved? They were behind her in line.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/19/Northpinellas/Her_wait_for_french_f.shtml

In his report, Parco says he asked Merola to move the Town Car forward a foot to allow cars in line to go around. If he did, Merola said she doesn’t remember it. And it was actually his cruiser blocking people, she said.

But Merola said she was really offended when Parco called a supervisor to say he had a possibly demented woman on his hands who might need to be held under the state’s Baker Act.

“He was aggravating me by saying that,” Merola said. “I said, ‘I don’t have dementia, tell your supervisor.’”

By then, Merola had called Parco a brat, but the dementia comment stirred anger. Merola upped the ante and called him a “smart a–” and a “dumb s—.”

The stupid bitch refused to pull forward one foot to let traffic pass. No wonder the cop thought he was dealing with a senile old bag. Should she be treated any differently than I would be if I refused to move my car and then started calling the cop a dumb shit?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Should she be treated any differently than I would be if I refused to move my car and then started calling the cop a dumb shit?[/quote]

Yes, because she is an elderly lady and you are not.

Your cops have no manners.

And apparently no self-esteem worth mentioning, because if I saw an Austrian cop handcuffing such a lady while she called him an obnoxious brat I would probably roll on the floor with laughter.

Don’t tase me, son.

[quote]orion wrote:
Yes, because she is an elderly lady and you are not.
[/quote]

Well, there you go, orion. Just another example of our superior American legal system, whereby all civilians are equal in the eyes of the lawman.

In his report, Parco says he asked Merola to move the Town Car forward a foot to allow cars in line to go around. If he did, Merola said she doesn’t remember it. And it was actually his cruiser blocking people, she said.

But Merola said she was really offended when Parco called a supervisor to say he had a possibly demented woman on his hands who might need to be held under the state’s Baker Act.

“He was aggravating me by saying that,” Merola said. “I said, ‘I don’t have dementia, tell your supervisor.’”

By then, Merola had called Parco a brat, but the dementia comment stirred anger. Merola upped the ante and called him a “smart a–” and a “dumb s—.”

The stupid bitch refused to pull forward one foot to let traffic pass. No wonder the cop thought he was dealing with a senile old bag. Should she be treated any differently than I would be if I refused to move my car and then started calling the cop a dumb shit?[/quote]

The cop was wrong, sorry. This was way to petty to even cause a stir. The cops should be reprimanded. Shit if this is the kind of thing cops worry about, throwing old ladies in jail, I think I might become a criminal. While they are chucking old bags in the clink, I could be robbing up a storm. I heard coke is rather profitable, maybe I could pick that up as a side job.

The stupid bitch refused to pull forward one foot to let traffic pass. No wonder the cop thought he was dealing with a senile old bag. Should she be treated any differently than I would be if I refused to move my car and then started calling the cop a dumb shit?[/quote]

Yeah, guess we forgot that “Inconveniencing an Officer” is an arrestable offense. I’ve got to put up with annoying old ladies on the road all day. Should I call Homeland Security on them or just smack them around until they learn what’s what?

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The stupid bitch refused to pull forward one foot to let traffic pass. No wonder the cop thought he was dealing with a senile old bag. Should she be treated any differently than I would be if I refused to move my car and then started calling the cop a dumb shit?

Yeah, guess we forgot that “Inconveniencing an Officer” is an arrestable offense. I’ve got to put up with annoying old ladies on the road all day. Should I call Homeland Security on them or just smack them around until they learn what’s what?[/quote]

I never thought it was an arrestable offense but she is a stupid bitch.

She refuses to move her car thus blocking people in and then starts to swear at a cop. What does she think is going to happen?

Don’t taunt the tiger.

This is the problem with police today, whereby any petty instance now warrants arrest.

Cop gets sick from fast food? Arrest.

Talking back to a cop? Arrest.

Fast food drive thru problems? Arrest.

I like how now every single problem/situation that arises in this fucking country is solved with a pair of handcuffs. You can’t even ask cops questions or converse with them without fear of consequences. TO SERVE and protect. Perhaps someone should remind them their salary is payed by the people they’re tasering willy nilly.

“I don’t answer to you!!!” The ugliest and most incorrect thing I’ve heard a cop yell at a person asking him a question.

The stupid bitch…[/quote]

you’re a fucking twat.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The stupid bitch…

you’re a fucking twat.[/quote]

You are an idiot. The stupid bitch refuses to pull her oversized car forward a foot to let the cop car by when he toots his horn and waves her forward.

He then gets out of the car and asks her to pull forward one foot.

She refuses his request (possibly a lawful order?).

He then suspects she is senile and asks to see her license because it is possible that she should not be driving after displaying such cluelessness.

She proceeds to call him a dumb shit.

While he certainly showed poor judgement and should probably be banned from policework for cuffing the old broad that does not change the facts.

She is a stupid old bitch and should probably not be driving.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I thought something was missing. Other sources reported that the charge was disorderly conduct. How’d the cops get involved? They were behind her in line.

[/quote]
This was taaken from the comments below that story.

I don’t know if it is true but it seems likely. I have run across plenty of obnoxious old people.

by David 01/19/08 10:30 PM
I have first hand knowledge of this case and yes, there are two sides to the story. She wasn’t legally parked in the lot. She was blocking the entire drive thru so no cars could move. I was there. The Ofc was very polite while she was quite rude.

Wait, a cop, at McDonald’s? That’s what we need more fat cops…He should be arrested for eating that shit on the job…Drinking a 40 would make me feel less sluggish than that.

Its the food. McDonald’s is laced with chemicals that are effecting us. It makes us want to adopt anti-social activities, like feeling old ladies’ titties. ;D

Loose Tool wrote:

This was taaken from the comments below that story.

I don’t know if it is true but it seems likely. I have run across plenty of obnoxious old people.

by David 01/19/08 10:30 PM
I have first hand knowledge of this case and yes, there are two sides to the story. She wasn’t legally parked in the lot. She was blocking the entire drive thru so no cars could move. I was there. The Ofc was very polite while she was quite rude.
[/quote]

What would happen if a middle aged white guy failed to move forward, failed to produce a license and registration, called the cop a brat and a dumb shit? He would likely get arrested. Would it be national news? Probably not.

(Cranky old bag + handcuff happy rookie)- relevant details = national news.

Just because she is 75 and a grandmother of eight doesn’t mean she gets a free pass. Just because someone doesn’t immediately comply with a lawful order doesn’t mean they are engaging in disorderly conduct. Both parties should have reacted differently. This cop is going to get shit from the guys on his department for a long time.

oh c’mon, who doesn’t think this is funny, whether or not you agree or disagree

I think the cop should only be allowed one bullet. And he should keep it in his pocket.