T Nation

Beyond 5/3/1 1.1

I am only running about 8-9 pull-ups per set. Fine to go with lat pull downs to get to 50 reps?

Do 10 sets of 5 pullups then. Or use 1-2-3-4-(5) ladders. Just do pull-ups.

[quote]jkeith wrote:
I am only running about 8-9 pull-ups per set. Fine to go with lat pull downs to get to 50 reps?[/quote]

If you’re doing sets of 10 reps you could rest-pause your way to 10 reps each set.

One question, how much weight should you add at the end of each cycle?

The same as any of the 5/3/1 cycles.

Thanks Jim!

I know you said there is no alternate to the weight vest, but being a poor college student it is going to take some time for me to be able to afford a 100 lb weight vest. What else would you recommend on the conditioning days until then?

I got a relatively inexpensive back packing-type backpack ($70 by Marmont) and loaded it up with homemade sandbags.

Before that, I used to carry around the various hobos I would find behind the 7-11. Don’t overthink it. Load yourself up with heavy shit, and get moving.

[quote]Stallion Project wrote:
I got a relatively inexpensive back packing-type backpack ($70 by Marmont) and loaded it up with homemade sandbags.

Before that, I used to carry around the various hobos I would find behind the 7-11. Don’t overthink it. Load yourself up with heavy shit, and get moving.
[/quote]Do you think loading up a backpack would do the same, or would it be better to have some weight on the front of you too?

Hey Jim, in this article on TNation you lay out the first five weeks. Will there be more articles for programming on the next weeks or is this meant to be repeated for four weeks to make it a 20week program?

Just a quick question for the people training at home, what exercise can be done instead of triceps pushdowns?Barbell or dumbell extension?Pushdowns with elastic bands?Close grip bench press?Thanks in advance and greetings from Italy.

I like close grip pushups “diamonds” or even better standing head cavers, use a TRX or just a railing or bench. Bend over at the waist, pivot on your toes, and duck your head down under your hands (lots of youtube vids) should be doing lots of presses and dips anyway, so sets of 20 of one of the above goes along way !

[quote]John Spartan wrote:
Just a quick question for the people training at home, what exercise can be done instead of triceps pushdowns?Barbell or dumbell extension?Pushdowns with elastic bands?Close grip bench press?Thanks in advance and greetings from Italy. [/quote]

Band pushdowns. I have a home gym and its what I use.

[quote]sn0mus wrote:
Hey Jim, in this article on TNation you lay out the first five weeks. Will there be more articles for programming on the next weeks or is this meant to be repeated for four weeks to make it a 20week program? [/quote]

The other weeks are different.

Bands are for women and warmups, and I don’t warmup

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
Bands are for women and warmups, and I don’t warmup [/quote]

What a retarded statement.

It was a joke, It probably butt hurt his worshippers, but I’m sure he got it!

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:

[quote]John Spartan wrote:
Just a quick question for the people training at home, what exercise can be done instead of triceps pushdowns?Barbell or dumbell extension?Pushdowns with elastic bands?Close grip bench press?Thanks in advance and greetings from Italy. [/quote]

Band pushdowns. I have a home gym and its what I use. [/quote]

I like it!
Thanks a lot…

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:

[quote]sn0mus wrote:
Hey Jim, in this article on TNation you lay out the first five weeks. Will there be more articles for programming on the next weeks or is this meant to be repeated for four weeks to make it a 20week program? [/quote]

The other weeks are different. [/quote]

To Jim or anyone - I apologize if this question has been answered - could not find evidence if it has been. When will the next weeks of the program be released?

They will be released when the 5 weeks are done.