Beyond 5/3/1 1.1 - 1.4 Question and Spreadsheet

Hi all,

I just read and want to start Beyond 5/3/1 (based on the T-Nation articles) and I am excited. I was wondering is there any benefit to repeating 1.1 or 1.1 and 1.2, as in complete that phase(s), increase TM and repeat?

Also if I were to go all the way through to 1.4 and complete that, what comes next? Increase TM and start 1.1 again? Back to classic 5/3/1 for a few cycles?

Edit: One final question, I’ve done several cycles of 5/3/1, but is there a certain standard/goal I should meet doing classic 5/3/1 before starting this program?

finally, I wanted to share the spreadsheet I made for 1.1 and 1.2. Haven’t gotten around to the rest yet. Just input your PR for each lift into every workout and your set weights will populate. There’s a box to mark off what weight you used for assistance lifts. It’s pretty self explanatory. I haven’t added side raises into the sheet.
Link: Beyond 5/3/1 1.1 and 1.2 SHARED - Google Sheets

Dont mess with the program.

And I would recommend doing it with a 85% TM. Might seem easy in 1.1, but trust me it wont in 1.3 and 1.4.

UPDATE: I added the PR formula, so now when you enter your reps for the last set you’ll automatically get your PR 1RM.