Beware: Anorexia Athletica

What a crock of horsedick.

The disease, “Anorexia”, is a horrible and extremely hazardous affliction that in no way should be likened to driving your body to achieve your maximum potential of health, strength, and aesthetics.

I would agree with this list if the following preconditions were not met:

1. You have not had a complete physical in the past 12 months.

2. Your diet is shaky or bleak to begin with.

3. You do not understand how the body works in the capacity of breakdown and recovery.

4. You are still making above average gains. In other words, you’re still fairly new at this and have much more experience and education to obtain first.

Otherwise, fuck the standard for personal fitness. If you want to consider yourself an elite “bodybuilder”, “athlete”, “nude male model”, or whatever floats your boat, then you should plan to do so.

I thought this was a joke…

Or is this a real “medical” condition. LOL

Finally. I was getting tired of seeing these people walking around with their heads held high because they weren’t just average. My mom told me that we are all special. I even got a cookie when I showed 35min late to class because…at least I showed up! I wish all of these OVERACHIEVERS would just die off already so we can all relax!!

Huh?

I was talking to some dude in my lab about why I love to study and hit the gym. I hate being average. He said that he liked being “average” or “normal.” I then gave him a 15 minute lecture about why it sucks ass to be normal and that it shows he has nothing to strive for in life.

I mean, when you take an exam (for those of us still in school), do you ever think to yourself, “Oh boy! I hope I scored average!” Fuck no. Fuck mediocrity.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:

Huh?

I was talking to some dude in my lab about why I love to study and hit the gym. I hate being average. He said that he liked being “average” or “normal.” I then gave him a 15 minute lecture about why it sucks ass to be normal and that it shows he has nothing to strive for in life.

I mean, when you take an exam (for those of us still in school), do you ever think to yourself, “Oh boy! I hope I scored average!” Fuck no. Fuck mediocrity. [/quote]

You are SOOOOO deluded. The new IN thing is to be just like everyone else. Anyone who stands out is clearly sick in the head and may need medication. Why else would someone work so hard instead of loving to sit at home in a warm bed? I blame steroids.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:

Huh?

I mean, when you take an exam (for those of us still in school), do you ever think to yourself, “Oh boy! I hope I scored average!” Fuck no. Fuck mediocrity. [/quote]

During exams last year, pretty much EVERYONE opted to go for the ‘foundation’ paper that only allows you get a C at very best.

I was dumb-founded, why the fuck would you spend 2 years studying to only enter in for a paper that would only allow you get a C?

There was THREE of us, on one side of the hallway, with the paper that allowed you to get A+, and 50 others on the other side.

Also, whenever I express my interest for wanting to go to Cambridge or Oxford university, people look at me like I just said that I want to fly like superman.

Amazes me how things get done in this world.

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
I’m still trying to work out the point of this post[/quote]

Those are the symptoms of a new disorder called Anorexia Athletica (not to be confused with anorexia nervosa, regular old anorexia), some may consider it too much exercise to stay thin. Compare that list to the way professional athletes and self-motivated-ass-kickers-who-want-be-something-more train. Is it truly a disease or society making another excuse to not be anything great?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
I thought this was a joke…

Or is this a real “medical” condition. LOL[/quote]

Google it. Some seem to think its pretty damn serious. I think its how athletic scholarships get awarded and professional athletes get made.

And how $hit gets done. HELL YEAH

While most people who actually make progress have these “symptoms” there are people I have seens at almost every gym that I would say actually have something like this. You know the type who do hours of cardio and they look like they just got out of Auschwitz.

Everytime I see one of these people at the gym I want to offer them to come home with me so I can feed them, cause they look like they don’t eat.

Where’s waldo???

Lol, I crack myself up…